Claire's Stores

Be The First To
Add Photos

Claire's Stores CEO James D. Fielding

James D. Fielding

Pros
  • Awesome employee discount- although it made spending money within the store easy (in 35 reviews)

• Will hire you as a keyholder as long as you have previous retail experience, 50% discount on everything (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • district manager doesn't care about individuals, just how we make her look (in 30 reviews)

• Too much tasking without the help of a staff because you are usually working alone (in 28 reviews)

More Highlights

Fun and Exciting!

Store Manager (Former Employee) Aberdeen, SD (US)

ProsWorked with some great people!

ConsNot much communication from above

Depends on your DM

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros• Great workplace environment
    • Decent hours
    • Flexibility when it isn't holidays or back-to-school

Cons• Never get pay raises
    • High turnover
    • Uneven distribution of responsibilities
    • Not paid enough for responsibilities

Ups and downs

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Hoffman Estates, IL (US)

Prospleasant working environment
    technological infrastructure has been improved since I started
    goodie boxes with merchandise for friends and family
    on site cafeteria with healthy choices
    on site exercise facility

Conspay is less that average
    middle management often overlooks females as potential experts
    first level support needs to increase troubleshooting skills, time management

Advice to Senior Managementall upper management needs to be certain that middle management is treating all departmental employees with respect
    middle management needs to make sure that all departments work on skill development

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun and energetic!

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Harrisburg, PA (US)

ProsGreat people to work with and a lot of great training is available for students that are working for the first time in retail

ConsVery overworked management
    very small staff, very hard to take time off

Advice to Senior ManagementHaving a bigger staff would not be very hurtful to employees, especially around the holidays.

Intensive

Sales Associate (Current Employee) The Woodlands, TX (US)

ProsGet 50% off everything in stores. Friendly people. Nice working environment (sometimes)

ConsTraining, ear piercing, organization of the store. Can be stressful at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave little competitions between sales associates during the week. This will help motivate everyone while working.

LOVED THIS JOB

Third Key (Former Employee) Bend, OR (US)

Prossmall team of co-workers so we were like a family, it was easy to sell the stuff cause is was inexpensive and fun stuff. Plenty of opportunity for advancement. the employee discount was the BEST.

Consthere was a bit of a disconnect between our store and the higher ups in the company, our district manager would sweep in and give us her "solutions" to our problems and just expect the numbers to magically change.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe make it easier to transfer? I would still be working for Claire's, but i moved to another state and the store here wouldn't even consider me cause they had a full staff, I wouldve liked the change to meet the team and be put on an on call staus maybe, to help out when needed, I loved the company.

Too much work not enough payroll

Store Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsDiscount
    You make your schedules
    Holiday pay
    Vacation and personal pay

ConsThe ridiculous amount of tasking
    No payroll
    Low pay
    No bonuses
    People quitting all the time
    Planograms
    Markdowns
    6 day work weeks during holidays

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement expects a lot but them theirselves can't task and customer service like they want us to also their not in touch with reality they don't care if you don't take lunches or work by yourself all day this company is one of the worst of worst

One you should avoid

Store Sales Manager (Former Employee) Hazleton, PA (US)

Prosyou get 50% off all the products

Consavoid it at all costs!

Advice to Senior Managementyou talk about personal growth well than you have to be able to be more than 20 years old to work there!!!!!

"Fun atmosphere with tedious work and minimal compensation"

Store Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsCo-workers create a great with environment. Lots of hands-on training and you get a great experience with learning a new skill. There is always a joy when you can make a little girl feel like a princess!

ConsOutdated policy and procedures and with a busy high-volume store there is not enough hours provided to keep up with freight. When you are alone in your store and it gets busy it's difficult to deter shoplifters. Also the company should compensate the employees better and give opportunity for advancement within the company beyond SM.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter compensation is definitely needed to retain great people, also showing an employee appreciation would also be nice.

Not great, in fact, bad

Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood discount, if you really want to buy cheap, easily broken,and within a month discolored and worthless costume jewelry

ConsIncredibly high turnover, low pay, minimal bonus potential, snobby upper management, often on single coverage, very young clientielle (i.e. women will leave their children in the store for babysitting) overall unreasonably high expectations from store management without support from upper management... and... piercing. My whole experience with this job was extraordinarily horrible. Unless you know in your heart that you don't deserve this job and that you could probably never do much, much better... never work for this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement shouldn't expect that a store should do a floor planogram move, a promotion change, and clearance markdowns all in the same week. (along with shipment arriving every single day and interviews and hiring and training all the time due to the extremely high turnover due to the very low pay"

Worked for Claire's Stores? Contribute to the Community!