Citizens Financial Group

Citizens Financial Group Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Citizens Financial Group CEO Bruce Van Saun

Bruce Van Saun

Pros
  • Work life balance is rarely an issue only if the branch's QTD sales numbers are met (in 25 reviews)

• Good Benefits and a changing work environment that's friendly to employees to attract talent (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • The company preaches work life balance and that's not what is going on (in 13 reviews)

• They don't understand that there are sales goals and that it is a sales position (in 25 reviews)

More Highlights

HIgh pressure of pushing you to sell,make your goal.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompensation, first step to get into finance

ConsAlmost immpossible referral goal tomake

The company is fair. It is a bit technologically behind the times. There is somewhat of a micromanage culture present

ProsSalary is competitve for the area that the bank is located in. This is a strong attraction for this firm

ConsThe micromanage culture in an effort to produce quality numbers is a big negative. It will limit the talent pool in my opinion

Three years as a teller at CFG...

Teller (Current Employee) Manchester, NH (US)

Pros-Benefits are excellent.
    -In traditional braches, hours are good.
    -You will develop fulfilling bonds with many of your customers.
    -If you're looking for a long-term career in banking, there are plenty of opportunities for advancement.

Cons-Emphasis on sales is a bit too strong on the teller side, though this is beginning to change.
    -Turnover is very high.
    -Perhaps due to the large footprint of the company, upper management seems detached from day-to-day branch operations.
    -With CFG currently in the process of breaking with the Royal Bank of Scotland, this may not be the best time to join CFG/Citizens.

Advice to Senior Management-Spend more time in braches and get a feel for what your retail employees do every day.
    -Examine turnover trends with an eye to retaining quality employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Citizens is a great workplace when everyone work together as a team.

Senior Operations Clerk (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA (US)

ProsGreat learning opportunities and room to grow, as long as you are in good standing you are allowed to transfer to different branches and departments.

ConsThe pay was ok but if the company is "not able to give raises" than you miss out on a year of pay increase. At the same time you read about the company purchasing ballparks and sponsoring different events where money is involved.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn the department I worked in there was no mandatory or yearly management training given to managers. This would have been a great way to refresh the managers managing styles for those who have been there for many years. It was difficult at times dealing with managers that weren’t professional.

Drama

Teller (Former Employee) Portsmouth, OH (US)

ProsI had a very light work load with lots of down time. Played a lot of Candy Crush. They were flexible with scheduling, and our bonuses were usually good. An extra $300 quarterly for not much work.

ConsLight work load and lots of down time. There were times when we were very busy but often we sat around doing nothing this lead to lots of office drama. More like High school than an office with people gossiping behind backs. Management tried to please everyone. Not much opportunity for growth. There weren't any positions available to move towards when I was there and when we did need more tellers, corporate placed a hiring freeze.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive tellers more responsibility.

Could be fun if you like sales

Personal Banker (Former Employee) Middletown, CT (US)

ProsThe staff (not the BM) at the branch I worked at was great

ConsLiking your job depends on your manager. The ABM was awesome, the BM was the WORST.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your staff!

Like family

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, flexible hours, loved working with the customers, I was a floater and loved visiting each branch and getting to work with other employees and meeting new customers

Consthe goals are challenging, the bank needs to stick to one incentive plan not keep changing it

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should learn and respect ALL aspects of their branch and know the position before trying to coach someone

Good place to work

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Warwick, RI (US)

ProsThe group I worked with were great and always willing to help.

ConsContinuos reorganization and projects ending before completing

Overall a good company to work for.

ProsThe training is decent, the hourly wage isn't bad and the hours aren't terrible.

ConsLots of changes in the company. Employee appreciation doesn't exist. Company is all about the bottom line. Management makes promises they don't keep and make arrangements for employees without consulting them or involving them in the process. Big lack in communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees more. Communicate with them. Include them in decsions regarding their job, hours, location, etc.

Good

ProsI think it is a really interesting time to be apart of Citizens. the company is preparing for its initial IPO and separation from RBS.

ConsIt is still figuring out how to be the most efficient it can be and getting certain system in place as it separates from RBS.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Citizens Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!