CipherCloud

Updated Apr 17, 2014

Pravin Kothari

Good technology company

I have been working at CipherCloud full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat technology and can learn a lot. Can work with some good architects and engineers. Many interesting projects and can work on new development of features not only maintenance.

ConsImmature and unprofessional gm and management and lots of politics. too much instructions and micro management from team lead, manager and gm. project planning is bad and one person has to do 5 people work.

Advice to Senior Managementneed more better planning ,
management need to talk with respect to engineers, give and take respect.
give more opportunities to engineers to discuss and plan the design before writing code.

Phenomenal Growth (Hyderabad Center)

I have been working at CipherCloud full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI have seen this company grow from a 2 bed room apartment to a decent commercial building and now move to state of art IT park soon. All in less than 3 years. Even with such phenomenal growth, management was focused to take care of employees with improving benefits like free lunch, training program, transportation, laptops for all, flexible work environment with work from home option, salaries above par with market and regular appraisal cycles. Best part is the technology, smart friendly people. Working with like of Architects from big product companies, PhDs in Crypto technology and helping top companies in the world - has been a fantastic opportunity/journey so far.

ConsSince company is growing fast, need to solve some growing pains in process and help associates in the career path.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake it to next level with branding to be recognized as the enterprise product company. Soon will be the best technology company to work for.

Excellent Career Path

I have been working at CipherCloud full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVery innovative Product concept. Professional and motivating atmosphere. Provides opportunity to innovate & experiment. Flexible work culture. Exciting atmosphere, where in we can explore different things and a good opportunity to work on different things. Leads and manager are very supportive and encourage us to do Research and Development work. Excellent training programs in Cloud Security. A very involved HR Team. Timely appreciation of work by the Senior Management. Free flow of communication between the management and the employees. Excellent Pay package and benefits for the employee and their dependents. Very good Performance management system, high performers are given very good hikes more than the industry average.

ConsWe need aggressive marketing and branding in the domestic market. Need to promote the product in the domestic market. We should attend more conferences and technology events locally. Company should also sponsor technology events in the campus.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the culture of innovation with focus in the niche area of Cloud Security.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good learning scope!

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at CipherCloud full-time for less than a year

ProsGood team and manager. Lots of scope to learn. Lunch provided. Nice training programmes for women. Good salary. Freedom is given to learn and experiment.

ConsWork pressure exists. But, it is manageable. Processes should be more settled. No branding for company in our market.

Advice to Senior ManagementCan do with better infrastructure. Hire more senior women employees. Please make process more refined.

Employee and Women friendly (Hyderabad Center)

I have been working at CipherCloud full-time for more than a year

ProsVery good co-workers to work with. HR manager ensures employee engagement and support. Women employees are given good support at work. Example - HR and management has provided free door to door transport to all women employees to ensure safety, security and stress free environment to balance the work and life. Technology is challenging and fast paced for a learning everyday. The flexible work culture is a boon for all employees.

ConsGoing through the growing pains, but management is keen to listen and address the pains which will take some time to transform. Overall, we are seeing major improvements in all areas - facility, benefits and processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing at this time.

Great Experience

I have been working at CipherCloud full-time for more than a year

ProsCutting edge technology, friendly culture. Open and transparent culture from top management allows you to understand company direction, performance and alignment of your work. People are well recognized and rewarded. It is fantastic to work for a company that has the best of future - cloud and security.

ConsWe have been growing fast, making incremental improvements. Focus has been on planning and execution. Company has been growing at a rapid pace and it is required that many best practices of software development are steadily incorporated to enhance the delivery and coordination of the product.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is lot to do in this growing market. Continue on better planning and execution.

Excellent Technology and Growth!

I have been working at CipherCloud full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIts very good to be working on the latest technology and be a part of the company's growth since the beginning.
Company has shown good promise of improvement and aligning the process in some fashion over the 3 years.
Great names and number of clients and customers to work for!
I joined as a fresher, and have grown my knowledge very much in this domain a lot in the last 3 years.
Good facility of free food provided.
Great scope of personal growth!
Great that we are moving to a better office location soon!

ConsGreat technology should be combined with with efficient management to survive.
Cab even for male employees. At least for people like me, who live far.
Please no work on Saturdays. We understand during releases, but it should not be every weekend.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement in HQ and IDC should help in timing releases and process much better.
Should give employees more bandwidth to perform better and concentrate more on quality releases.
If management takes care of this, we are sure to become an even more huge and successful company!

CipherCloud is exactly the kind of company I enjoy working for

Senior Software Architect (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at CipherCloud full-time for less than a year

ProsPeople are very bright, helpful and supportive. Company does a lot of things that show that it really cares about people. Complete flexibility of schedule and a lot of autonomy. Everything moves at a very fast pace with a focus on accomplishment rather than politics.
The atmosphere is very positive in part due to the success the company is having with very rapid growth. CipherCloud had to move 3 times in a year due to employee expansion at HQ and last quarters are very nice with lots of natural light and great views from the 11th floor.
Being at the intersection of two major technology trends (cloud computing and security) means that there is a lot of opportunity for the company.
Benefits are good. Like most startups there are free snacks, drinks and frozen lunches.

ConsThings move quickly which means many changes of direction and limited processes. If you like to make sure that everything is going to go the way you plan, this isn't the right environment for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Great QA Team, many exciting opportunities

Senior Software Engineer QA (Current Employee)

I have been working at CipherCloud full-time for more than a year

ProsSr Director came from US office and it was a great week. We had lots of meetings to discuss all the QA activities, automation work, releases. We also had time to talk about all the things we can do better and also improve some difficult situations. We have full support from management and it is good. All the people in my team are very helpful. There is lot of new technology to learn and many opportunities.

ConsIt is very busy always and I have to manage my home, family and work, sometimes also have to work on saturdays.

Awesome Place to work

San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at CipherCloud full-time for less than a year

Pros- Great people
- Very Friendly Environment
- Great technologies to work on
- Great Food every week
- Great view in the spacious new office

Cons- There aren't any, Just keep great attitude and you will do great here

Advice to Senior Management- Keep doing great work, and focus more on hiring great talents

Worked for CipherCloud? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CipherCloud reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for CipherCloud CEO Pravin Kothari . All 27 reviews are posted anonymously by CipherCloud employees.