Cintas

Cintas Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Cintas CEO Scott D. Farmer

Scott D. Farmer

Pros
  • As everyone else says 4 day work week is great loved the 3 day weekends (in 40 reviews)

• decent pay with opportunity for advancement (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • High expectations, weekend paperwork required, not a lot of work-life balance (in 30 reviews)

• High Expectations, Long hours, No technology for Sales Reps, Internal struggles (in 42 reviews)

More Highlights

The best company I've worked for so far.

Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) Edmonton, AB

ProsSeems to actually care about it's employees, I get treated with respect, and they promote from within. My hard work gets rewarded.

ConsLike any company, they run into a fair amount of problems. These problems usually result in certain positions needing to put in extra time to get things back on track. I personally don't mind putting in the extra time.

There are better jobs for the money.

SSR - Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) Newmarket, ON

ProsStability, training, benefits, profit sharing, and

ConsAs a Cintas Service Sales rep you have great expectations placed on you. Your family life, your health, and the health of your family mean nothing to the leadership team. Most of the managers will not leave their office to help one of their team if the situation calls for it. Management is allowed to be lazy and unmotivated, while at the same time punishing or redirecting team members they feel are "slipping."
    You are considered a route manager but also have to drive a truck (often in poor repair), over strain yourself physically to try to get your day done in a reasonable amount of time, and ensure your customers remain happy with, and loyal to, Cintas. And also there are a multitude of long unnecessary meetings you do not get paid to attend.
    I've found their are many opportunities in the market to be a territory account manager for the same pay without the hassle of also being a "mat flipper". Why you would stay at Cintas for any length of time as an SSR baffles me.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour reps are your front line. You want them to be happy, positive, experianced and motivated? Cut routes, Change pay structures and fire lazy managers who have no observable motivation. They are simply blocking the positive growth that need to occur to maximize the long term value of Cintas for its shareholders and partners.

They call you "PARTNERS" (really?!?)

Maintenance (Former Employee) Langley, BC

ProsGood starting salary but I doubt you will ever get a raise after that.

Cons-No perks for any production employees at all. ( maybe the management do)
    -Managers and supervisor cheat and lie in front of your face
    -Any production employees who work here for more than 8 years have the industries lowest pay. (Ask around)
    -They pretend to be one of the safest place to work and the have a lot of BS paper work to prove it but in reality the are NOT.
    -VERY HIGH TURN-OVER RATE for both office and production employees

Advice to Senior Management- Get rid of your CORPORATE culture and stop making Scott Farmer making loads of money of you. Take care of your production "PARTNERS" a lot of them work hard for this company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cintas A Review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat development, close team almost like a family

Consno work life balance, personal growth is limited quickly within Canada, no perks to job

Advice to Senior Managementadapt to the changing times and understand the generation you are hiring or you wont be able to retain people

I worked in the sales department at Cintas

Facility Services Sales Representative (Current Employee) London, ON

ProsGood pay, you are rewarded for your performance . Great products and services . Excellent sales training.

ConsHorrible Culture. Your opinions are not valued Departments are in constant conflict with each other which creates a difficult work environment

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out a way to create an alignment between service and sales . You should start by asking your employees for input .
    Create a career path for sales to reduce to constant turnover of sales staff.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Cintas does an excellent job of recruiting top level talent, but a poor job of retaining them.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent training programs, relatively recession proof industry, good communication of corporate vision to partners from CEO (and VPs, executives)

ConsWork life balance is not valued at this company. Compensation is never adapted to the market, or talent level. Corporate vision is not followed at local/regional levels. Making bonus at any cost is the name of the game, even at a sacrifice of ethics or employee well-being.

Advice to Senior ManagementScrutinize location/regional business practices more thoroughly. Audits are done to ensure compliance, but as with anything else, loopholes have been found to help ensure bonuses are more easily met.

Great place to work and plenty of opportunity

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsLots of room for growth and great people.

ConsAmerican based and not much Canadian material

Advice to Senior ManagementConstant communication with frontline partners

Biggest and best but managers are weak

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

Prospay, partners, culture, product range can not be matched by anyone in the industry

ConsManagement is always turning over, as soon as you get used to one they are gone.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your team! we sell/service for you and you make commission because of YOUR team. REWARD us!

What you have done before doesn't matter anymore! Hit PC or bust!

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsCintas has a first rate corporate culture with a true sense of being the absolute best. The meticulous hiring process is something that should be used in most industries. The best thing about Cintas is that you are rewarded for your performance in most cases.

ConsCintas fails in only a few segments, but they are very important. First, I would state that the evaluation of employees is far too numbers driven. Numbers are a great initial metric; however, a performance number is not the only indicator that can be used to determine the suitability for promotion. Often Cintas will promote the top performers with little regard to the skill set required at the next level. Second, Cintas has a lack of procedure in having new promotees acquire the necessary experiences to become effective in their new roles. A more thorough transition process would be an effective change for Cintas to make.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the number a requirement, but expand your method of evaluation of each partner. Partners are not machines that are strictly viewed by analyzing data. Partners are humans that bring a ton of positive and negative elements to specfic roles. Make more time in evaluating partners to ensure that they are in the best role for their skill set.

Leaves you feeling like a Tool so the Rich can get richer.

Facility Services Sales Representative (Current Employee) Langley, BC

ProsFree benefits! don't having to pay MSP every month, no union dues, paid Birthday off, 2 weeks Vacation or more, RRSP, Stock Sharing, mostly friendly people.

Conscan't take time off, can't take your birthday day off can't get paid extra for not taking it either, always get more work never get more pay, you can make commission but its really hard to make sales if you are good at that you could make $300 in a day.. that is if you can find the time to try to sell.. you gotta wake up super early sometimes 2 am, but you get to go home before 3pm so you miss all rush hour which is good but its hard to fall asleep when its still light out.. you get paid really bad for how hard you work, these salarys on here must be from the magical land of wherever, I get $14.50/h people who have been doing this for 5 years get $15.50/hour (maybe). in a year you get a raise, .17 cents! made my day when I heard that.

Advice to Senior Managementpay us more!, we make the money for you. show some respect! give us a wage so we can actually brag about our job.. I'm ashamed of my job, I don't tell anyone what i do, if they ask I lie so I don't sound like a sucker. I can't say I clean toilets but I get paid $$$ to do it so i don't care. if I could I would.

Worked for Cintas? Contribute to the Community!