Cintas

Cintas Reviews

Updated Apr 18, 2014

Cintas CEO Scott D. Farmer

Scott D. Farmer

Pros:
  • "As everyone else says 4 day work week is great loved the 3 day weekends"
    in 34 reviews
  • "Plenty of opportunity for advancement"
    in 31 reviews
Cons:
  • "High expectations, weekend paperwork required, not a lot of work-life balance"
    in 28 reviews
  • "High Expectations, Long hours, No technology for Sales Reps, Internal struggles"
    in 41 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

The best company I've worked for so far.

Service Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Cintas full-time for less than a year

ProsSeems to actually care about it's employees, I get treated with respect, and they promote from within. My hard work gets rewarded.

ConsLike any company, they run into a fair amount of problems. These problems usually result in certain positions needing to put in extra time to get things back on track. I personally don't mind putting in the extra time.

Cintas A Review

I worked at Cintas

ProsGreat development, close team almost like a family

Consno work life balance, personal growth is limited quickly within Canada, no perks to job

Advice to Senior Managementadapt to the changing times and understand the generation you are hiring or you wont be able to retain people

I worked in the sales department at Cintas

Facility Services Sales Representative (Current Employee)
London, ON

I have been working at Cintas full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood pay, you are rewarded for your performance . Great products and services . Excellent sales training.

ConsHorrible Culture. Your opinions are not valued Departments are in constant conflict with each other which creates a difficult work environment

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out a way to create an alignment between service and sales . You should start by asking your employees for input .
Create a career path for sales to reduce to constant turnover of sales staff.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Cintas does an excellent job of recruiting top level talent, but a poor job of retaining them.

I worked at Cintas full-time for more than 8 years

ProsExcellent training programs, relatively recession proof industry, good communication of corporate vision to partners from CEO (and VPs, executives)

ConsWork life balance is not valued at this company. Compensation is never adapted to the market, or talent level. Corporate vision is not followed at local/regional levels. Making bonus at any cost is the name of the game, even at a sacrifice of ethics or employee well-being.

Advice to Senior ManagementScrutinize location/regional business practices more thoroughly. Audits are done to ensure compliance, but as with anything else, loopholes have been found to help ensure bonuses are more easily met.

Great place to work and plenty of opportunity

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee)
Toronto, ON

I have been working at Cintas full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLots of room for growth and great people.

ConsAmerican based and not much Canadian material

Advice to Senior ManagementConstant communication with frontline partners

Biggest and best but managers are weak

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Toronto, ON

I have been working at Cintas full-time for more than 5 years

Prospay, partners, culture, product range can not be matched by anyone in the industry

ConsManagement is always turning over, as soon as you get used to one they are gone.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your team! we sell/service for you and you make commission because of YOUR team. REWARD us!

What you have done before doesn't matter anymore! Hit PC or bust!

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cintas full-time for more than a year

ProsCintas has a first rate corporate culture with a true sense of being the absolute best. The meticulous hiring process is something that should be used in most industries. The best thing about Cintas is that you are rewarded for your performance in most cases.

ConsCintas fails in only a few segments, but they are very important. First, I would state that the evaluation of employees is far too numbers driven. Numbers are a great initial metric; however, a performance number is not the only indicator that can be used to determine the suitability for promotion. Often Cintas will promote the top performers with little regard to the skill set required at the next level. Second, Cintas has a lack of procedure in having new promotees acquire the necessary experiences to become effective in their new roles. A more thorough transition process would be an effective change for Cintas to make.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the number a requirement, but expand your method of evaluation of each partner. Partners are not machines that are strictly viewed by analyzing data. Partners are humans that bring a ton of positive and negative elements to specfic roles. Make more time in evaluating partners to ensure that they are in the best role for their skill set.

Leaves you feeling like a Tool so the Rich can get richer.

Facility Services Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Langley, BC

I have been working at Cintas full-time for more than a year

ProsFree benefits! don't having to pay MSP every month, no union dues, paid Birthday off, 2 weeks Vacation or more, RRSP, Stock Sharing, mostly friendly people.

Conscan't take time off, can't take your birthday day off can't get paid extra for not taking it either, always get more work never get more pay, you can make commission but its really hard to make sales if you are good at that you could make $300 in a day.. that is if you can find the time to try to sell.. you gotta wake up super early sometimes 2 am, but you get to go home before 3pm so you miss all rush hour which is good but its hard to fall asleep when its still light out.. you get paid really bad for how hard you work, these salarys on here must be from the magical land of wherever, I get $14.50/h people who have been doing this for 5 years get $15.50/hour (maybe). in a year you get a raise, .17 cents! made my day when I heard that.

Advice to Senior Managementpay us more!, we make the money for you. show some respect! give us a wage so we can actually brag about our job.. I'm ashamed of my job, I don't tell anyone what i do, if they ask I lie so I don't sound like a sucker. I can't say I clean toilets but I get paid $$$ to do it so i don't care. if I could I would.

ok

Production Labor (Current Employee)
Prince George, BC

I have been working at Cintas part-time for more than a year

Prosnot working fridays having b3 day weekends

Consnot enough hrs to live on

Great Experience

I worked at Cintas

ProsFriendly people and great culture

Consmay not be great for everyone

Worked for Cintas? Contribute to the Community!

Cintas Videos

Cintas – Why Work for Us?

Cintas is Team Driven, and the true spirit we share gives us a competitive edge. We win together by working together as a team, giving mutual respect to all of our co-workers regardless of their background or tenure… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cintas reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Cintas CEO Scott D. Farmer. All 605 reviews are posted anonymously by Cintas employees.