Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics
www.childrensmercy.org Kansas City, MO 1000 to 5000 Employees

Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics Reviews

Updated Mar 31, 2014
Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics – Kansas City – “Front Entrance”

Randall L. O'Donnell

I've been here 22 years and wouldn't think of working anywhere else.

I have been working at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics full-time for more than 10 years

ProsEveryone has the same focus-safe, excellent care for the patients.
Top leadership that are always looking to the future.
Decent pay for the job that I do.

ConsCommunication across the disciplines.
Top heavy salaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter visibility from leadership.

Great place to work,

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)
Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGood working environment, everyone seems to enjoy working there. From the first day working there it was always a comfortable environment to work in.

ConsThe parking downtown is a hassle. You have to park off campus and take a shuttle bus to the hospital. It adds at least an additional 30 minutes to your commute.

Excellent and stable CEO and executive leadership, great leadership development.

Kansas City, MO (US)

ProsOur CEO has the second longest tenure in his leaderhip position. He has overseen phenomenal growth and expansion in our market share, as well as financial stability during the turbulent healthcare economy. A very cutting edge, forward-thinking organization.

ConsA very siloed organization. This has led to multiple efforts not being coordinated across the organization. Also, a perceived lack of upward mobility for physician leaders. Very quickly, you can reach a glass ceiling that will require you leaving the organization to advance your leadership career.

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak down silos.

Good workplace

Environmental Services (Current Employee)
Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics full-time for less than a year

Prosgood starting pay, great benefits and PTO accrual.

Consvery strict manager, not as flexible with school

A warm, team environment where staff share a common focus and goal.

Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe environment is cheerful and inviting. Everyone who is on staff WANTS to be there.

ConsThe pay is not the most competitive in the area. Top earners max out early and then have no where to grow. Job satisfaction retains more nurses than earning potential.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be greater incentives for job retention, particularly for long-term employees who max out on their pay scale.

5 yrs

Care Assistant (Current Employee)
Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics full-time for more than 5 years

ProsComraderie with my co workers,

ConsManagement lacks foresight, cut almost all employee perks.

Nice Place to work

Staff Nurse (Current Employee)

ProsWonderful environment
Supportive managers
Opportunity for growth

ConsUsual gossip that exists in a tight knit work place

Advice to Senior ManagementControl the cliques

My experience has been highly positive; colleagues are very supportive of each other's success.

I have been working at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics part-time for more than a year

ProsThe best reason to work at Children's Mercy Hospital is the support that we get from our bosses and colleagues. Another great aspect is that continuing education is highly valued, and anyone doing research at Children's Mercy Hospital will definitely have to maintain evidence of continuing education.

ConsOne downside is that sometimes the work doesn't feel rewarding. But it's important to remember why the work is being done.

Amazing

Research Coordinator (Current Employee)
Kansas City, MO (US)

ProsDiverse, salary, team oriented environment, purpose driven, work/life balance

ConsOff site parking so you have to take shuttle

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure your employees really know that you are there to help them grow

Great place to work! Wonderful environment

Professional Training (Current Employee)
Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics full-time for more than a year

ProsBeautiful work setting, great amenities for employees, good discounts in community, supportive leadership, great technology, great research and treatment, great patient care, committment to promoting healthy lifestyle in employees and patients

ConsIn need of additional office space for clinics, would be great to have exercise facility on site for staff

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep the collegial environment no matter how large CMH becomes, continue to be open to ideas regarding growth and expansion

Worked for Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics CEO Randall L. O'Donnell. All 34 reviews are posted anonymously by Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics employees.