Chicago School of Professional Psychology

www.thechicagoschool.edu

Chicago School of Professional Psychology Reviews

Updated Mar 25, 2014
Chicago School of Professional Psychology – Chicago – “The Chicago School Reviews”

Admissions Advisor

Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGood work-life balance, flexibility, relatively low stress,

ConsSometimes it can be a "What have you done for me lately environment" although I think this is true of most admissions roles. I do like it better than working in for-profit. The admissions standards for students are fairly rigorous compared to for-profits which seems like everyone can get in

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember to look at the year to date performance - not just last week's performance

Teaching Assistant

Teaching Assistant (Current Employee)

ProsGreat part time job while completing program.

ConsThere is a lack of communication of duties and responsibilities prior to accepting the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication and clarity of duties is not clear.

My Chicago School Review

Professor (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsI have truly enjoyed my time at the College. The students are extremely diverse and not only do I teach them but, I learn from them.

ConsI feel like I can do more for the college and they are not allowing me to.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the personal-growth and allow others to give advice so we can all grow as a team.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Associate Professor

Associate Professor (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGreat people to work with

ConsSchool is always going through a "New and Improved" process of change. Little reliability

Advice to Senior ManagementReorganize and let things mature and grow.

The Chicago School Reviews

Assistant Professor (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsI really enjoyed how close I currently am located to the chicago school. Despite it being in a great location, i was really able to excel in the programs.

ConsI wish I would have chosen to attend TCSPP before spending so much money on an out of state private college during my first year of teaching going back and forth.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest adding more programs in more obscure areas of psychology. This could be of interest to those creative types who are looking to enter the field.

A challenging environment in mostly good ways striving to do the right things well

Faculty (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsIntellectual stimulation, sincere faculty, appreciative students, some flexibility, and a nice River North campus are the best parts of this organization. This organization strives to do right by all its stakeholders.

ConsToo much bureaucracy combined with a lot of student needs and demanding curriculum make for a difficult and less than predictable workload at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are getting too top-heavy and creating pressure on the producers

Fantastic place to work

Assistant Professor (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsProfessional development, competitive pay, team environment

Consno tenure is offered for faculty

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer some tenured positions for faculty please

TCS, not the best

Student Services Advisor (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsThe entry-mid level staff at TCS is wonderful. They are all intelligent, engaged, and focused on making the student experience a better one. There is a lot of networking to be done with the staff. Every third Thursday, the School hosts a beer/wine/appetizer happy hour from 4-5. It's a great way to mingle with other departments. They also offer "summer hours" which is 8 work ours off every 2 weeks in June & July.

ConsOrganizationally, it's very top heavy and departments are run by people who have little to know exposure/experience in higher education. Unless you work in the academic side, do not expect a promotion or recogniztion of your skills and accomplishments. Those in the services side of the fence, are often compared to flight attendants and expected to act as such. I was told that "teaching only happens in the classroom" and that anyone else should not try to educate students - virtually sending ancillary and student services back into the dark ages. There is no support for professional development and no room for mobility. THe pay here is the lowest I've ever seen in higher education.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your staff tangibly with a bonus/raise structure and have a look at the pay for your entry level employees. Support employees and increase their morale as they are charged with the retention of your students. Train management as needed and stop congratulating those that do poor work.

Worked for Chicago School of Professional Psychology? Contribute to the Community!