Cheesecake Factory

Cheesecake Factory Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Cheesecake Factory Chairman and CEO David Overton

David Overton

Pros
  • The only pros of working here are a flexible schedule and the fact that you can make between (in 33 reviews)

• Servers make good money because people usually buy dessert (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours because they wouldnt hire more people to cover shifts (in 29 reviews)

• Servers were not always held responsible for their actions with guests or side work (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

I feel valuable to the company and there are many different options for career advancement.

Server (Current Employee) Woodbridge, VA (US)

ProsCo-workers are friendly and pleasant to work with. As a server, I fortunately serve guests who really enjoy their experience at the Cheesecake Factory. My schedule requests are easily approved and I am able to make a decent amount working here.

ConsManagement acts as if they listen to your needs and prioritize them, but most of the time, it is in one ear and out the other. Simple requests to improve daily work efficiency is easily brushed to the side. Some upper management shows their care for the restaurant and company.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally listen to employee needs to improve the quality of the restaurant.

Cheesin'

Server (Former Employee) Nashville, TN (US)

ProsIf you get the right sections on the right shifts, you can make a killing. If you work your butt off, gain extensive knowledge of the enormous menu, and put in the effort with a genuinely good attitude, you can actually do very well here.

ConsIt can take a while before you have the "seniority" to get the high quality shifts. Often times when business is slow, management will keep you around even with 1 or even NO tables. Any customer complaint, valid or not, results in a knock against the server. It is also very sink-or-swim, and can easily overwhelm new employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust and respect your employees more. (Don't have us come in for a patio shift when there is an 80% chance of rain or is 100 degrees outside, have us spend 5 hours waiting on a total of about 10 guests, and then wonder why we're upset)

Fair, methodical, and cut throat...

Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ (US)

ProsThis company has incredible opportunities and for just about anyone who works here. There are many current GM's that were hourly staff members with the company. Management does also receive great health benefits as well a somewhat fair platform for advancement.

This is also a very classic type of restaurant that is always seeking ways to improve and be innovative, without compromising the grassroots of what a "true" restaurant is all about.

ConsMeeting performance goals is always a challenge; especially becasue of the labor crunch. Some managers can come up fast, however to obtain more can take some time, and much sacrafice. Quaterly bonus is not too exciting either after all that a "good" manager must go through.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrue recognition should come from the heart and not as a byproduct of company policy.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Server Life

Server, Trainer (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH (US)

ProsNO shop reports
    Trying all the new food
    discounted meals
    travel to new store locations to train, including international locations
    decent pay
    very flexible schedule
    great co-workers
    able to easily transfer to other locations
    could work at different location during vacation

Consopen availability on Sundays, every major holiday, and major event weekend
    extended hours for holidays
    no holiday pay
    hard to get pay increase
    no longer able to add gratuity to checks of 6 or more ppl
    corporate rules
    pay for your own uniform (shirts, pants, shorts, shoes, etc) which is all white and not always in season

Amazing Company

ProsGreat opportunities for growth. Always can cross train and travel, while doing what you love.

ConsThe parking is bad sometimes!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to always have an open door policy. So far, I have been really lucky with my management team.

Wonderful place to work

Accounting (Current Employee) Calabasas Hills, CA (US)

ProsPeople and management are great!

ConsNot alot of room to grow in ... depends on the department you are in.

Great Corporate Structure

Server (Current Employee) Buford, GA (US)

ProsGreat training program for every position; good benefits for the industry; opportunities for advancement if you work hard and take your job seriously.

ConsMy particular management team has some professional flaws, but that's every restaurant. Overall, it's been a very positive experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the company could benefit from more follow up on training, i.e. making sure the training programs are being executed properly on a restaurant level.

Very extensive menu, but a great place to work!

Server (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA (US)

ProsVery organized, great training programs, and yummy food!

ConsSmall serving sections, which could effect your take home pay.

Very corporate, potential to make great money as a server.

Server (Former Employee) Southlake, TX (US)

ProsAlways busy, great management, good clientel, family environment, good benefits. EXTREMELY efficient on relieving/cutting the servers. If it is slow (rare) they want you out as soon as possible, which is a good thing, they want the servers who are on to make money. Very flexible with schedule.

ConsTo make the good money you have to work long hard hours. Somedays 12-14 hours with no break, but being a server this is where you really make your money. Having a pristene white uniform can be annoying at times. Have to be there a long time to advance.

Great, steady, reliable and consistant employment

Server (Current Employee) Glendale, CA (US)

ProsThey provide training for everything. I can probably step into any restaurant and start serving tables flawlessly from the training provided here.

ConsSometimes politics can get involved making it difficult to move up.

Worked for Cheesecake Factory? Contribute to the Community!