Cheesecake Factory

Cheesecake Factory Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Cheesecake Factory Chairman and CEO David Overton

David Overton

Pros:
  • "Servers make good money because people usually buy dessert"
    in 31 reviews
  • "The only pros of working here are a flexible schedule and the fact that you can make between"
    in 29 reviews
Cons:
  • "long hours because they wouldnt hire more people to cover shifts"
    in 26 reviews
  • "Servers were not always held responsible for their actions with guests or side work"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great corporate place

Lincolnshire, IL (US)

I worked at Cheesecake Factory full-time for more than a year

ProsLeadership, organization, team structure. They really want the whole restaurant to succeed~including you! They stand behind you, train you, and want you to deliver a world-class dining experience with a fantastic product

Consnone. you know what you signed up for and with over 20 years in the service industry, I found it to be one of the best. Keep in mind there will always be some that you don't like to work with. With that said, it is a great place to work! The management team is top-notch. They really encourage talent!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work! CCF is the cream de-la-creme of upscale casual dining!

Cheesecake Factory Baybrook :)

Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Cheesecake Factory part-time for more than a year

ProsEverything! Yes I had my bad days but over all I loved the atmosphere and the people I worked with! The managers and GM as well made that place home away from home! I love the company and I loved working there! We were a new store and when I had to leave (about a year later) a lot of the people who started with me were still there! If you have every really worked in a big,busy restaurant you know servers don't seem to last to long but this company took care of me and im sad were not close enough to another one so I could have transferred! I recommend this company all the way!!!

ConsI have nothing bad to say! You have good days as a server and you have bad but I love this company!

Advice to Senior ManagementYa'll were awesome and I miss working there!

Busy and hard, but enjoyable.

Baker (Current Employee)
Arlington, TX (US)

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory part-time for less than a year

ProsThe people! If it weren't for the amazing staff and coworkers, I'm not sure how long I could make it. Very flexible with hours, and always willing to fight for you to stay with them if you are a promising employee.

ConsVERY busy on weekends. Every Saturday you will want to quit. It is hectic and demanding. In any food service industry, you will see SO many picky, particular customers. Late work hours. Won't get out till 11:30 on weeknights and 1:30 on Fridays and Saturdays.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is required you are willing to give up 2 days of your weekend .
Be friendly and flexible.
The company requires loyal employees.

The best of the best

Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee)
Calabasas, CA (US)

I worked at Cheesecake Factory full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe upper echelon of technology. Especially for being a restaurant company. Oh, did I mention good money and benefits?

ConsLots of red tape, so change is slow.

It was good for the time!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Cheesecake Factory

ProsThe flexibility of the schedules was great

ConsOpportunities of advancement were limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop growing so much and focus on what really drives the company, your employees.

Great people to work with.

Irvine, CA (US)

I worked at Cheesecake Factory part-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat co-workers. Busy atmosphere. Good tips. I worked at 3 different locations and they all brought something different but the money was the same.

ConsGetting tables that don't leave a tip.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay positive you work for a great company. I never reached management, but they seem like they would be a fun team to join.

High Volume

Senior Manager II (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat quality and training. Only the best food and service. Systems designed for maximum efficiency.

ConsShifts are long and hours are challenging. GM schedule is Wednesday thru Sunday with mids usually on weekends. Very tough on qualityof life. Free BMW as GM but you never get to drive it since it's parked at the restaurant.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining is long- 11 hour days for almost 3 months. If you have a photographic memory you will do well since you will need to know every single (literally) recipe of every single item served.

Server

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Cheesecake Factory full-time

ProsGood Money, Fast Paced. Able to give away or pick up shifts with little hassle.

ConsThe customers are sometimes ruthless.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't show obvious favrotism.

Coconut Grove, FL Online App & walk-in interview

Cashier (Current Employee)
Miami, FL (US)

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time for less than a year

ProsBusy, nice, great brand name, potential for great money, potential for promotion

ConsLarge menu to learn, fairly long training schedule, years of previous server experience may be necessary

3+ yr employee

Server/DT (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cheesecake Factory full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat restaurant to work for! Flexible schedules, wiling to work around school schedules, great co-workers that you will make a ton of friends with, once you're serving there is a great opportunity to make money

ConsHard to move up in the company, it took me 3 years to move from the front desk to a server, long hours that are hard on your body, little chance of growth and development,

Worked for Cheesecake Factory? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cheesecake Factory reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Cheesecake Factory CEO David Overton. All 342 reviews are posted anonymously by Cheesecake Factory employees.