Capita Education Resourcing

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Paul Pindar

Professional, hard working company making positive changes to adapt to a changing market

London, England (UK)

I have been working at Capita Education Resourcing full-time for more than a year

ProsA highly competent, hard working staff of people make this a forward thinking and growing organisation to work for. Excellent training and support available. Access available to large amounts of data ensures consultants can really "own" thier businesses and take a strategic approach to thier recruitment.

ConsLong hours and very high expectations of all staff can be an issue for some. This is not a problem for those with strong work ethics but for anyone looking for a role where they can be successful and exceed targets but be out the door at 5:30pm everyday will struggle to cope. Commission structure needs clarification but the opportunity is there for acheivers to earn a good bonus each month.

For the most part it has been a very good experience. Work is rarely lacking, and I am well supported by my consultant.

Cover Supervisor and Supply Teacher (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Capita Education Resourcing as a contractor for more than a year

ProsConsultants are always there to help you when you need, and make themselves available to you when necessary; a range of schools contacts means there are multiple opportunities to work in different environments across London; many resources available on their website to help with your teaching career also.

ConsI wish the pay scale matched those of other agencies who pay slightly more, however it is still good; wish there was some holiday pay after working X amount of weeks in one school, even if it is at a reduced rate - it just means you're not left without any earnings during the holidays when you're not working because the schools have closed - especially if you have worked so hard (teaching is not an easy job after all.)

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the pay scale, particularly for those who are qualified teachers.

CER; genuine career progression and great people

London, England (UK)

ProsCER offers a huge amount of training, your manager, Regional Manager and senior consultants really take an intereste in developing you and your desk.
There is a week's induction which is challenging and helps you hit the ground running.
Capita is a huge name in the education market so it's very easy to get your foot in the door with clients.
The managers 'walk their talk' - they run desks as well as managing a team which means they understand the challenges you're facing.
The calibre of staff at CER is high so you get to work with first rate consultants who like to work hard and play hard.
Capita teaches you how to be the best at what you do and offers career progression - the MD started as a consultant!

ConsCapita have very high expectations of their staff and certainly work them harder than other agencies I've worked for.
Capita is huge corporate group so you need to be happy in that sort of atmosphere.

Advice to Senior ManagementExcellent training available.

Capita Education Resourcing as an employer

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsMy first recruitment role many moons ago was with Capita Education Resourcing. The support for someone coming into Recruitment for the first time was top notch and I was given all the tools I needed to grow my desk without being micro-managed. I left as I was offered a more senior role outside of the education sector and was loath to admit I secretly regretted my decision.

An opportunity became available recently to re-join the company and I was pleased to see that Capita Education Resourcing still have the same culture and work ethic that I remembered. Staff are made to feel valued and appreciated (and I'd forgotten how much I missed being brought breakfast every day - just one of the perks of the job).

The hours in education recruitment are long with a 7am - 7:15am start being the norm however staff are able to work shift patterns over the school holidays and with 31 days annual leave a year you soon catch up on rest.

The company are growing with new opportunities being created in-house regularly and new product offerings and its an exciting time to be working for Capita Education Resourcing. I'm very pleased to be back.

ConsAlthough the commission scheme is good it can be confusing working it out. Commission is based on percentage of growth so consultants joining the company to develop a previously failing or new desk stand to earn as much as an established consultant. For a recruiter who is pretty rubbish at numbers though this isn't the easiest way to track what you're going to earn before your pay check comes through.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be great to see more desk-specific training offered over the summer hols. Perhaps Principle/Senior Consultants who have had success with their desks can lead Workshops?

Worked for Capita Education Resourcing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capita Education Resourcing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Capita Education Resourcing CEO Paul Pindar. All reviews posted anonymously by Capita Education Resourcing employees.