Capco
www.capco.com Edegem, Belgium 1000 to 5000 Employees

Capco Reviews

Updated Apr 18, 2014
Capco – New York – “Cafe”

Capco CEO Rob Heyvaert

Rob Heyvaert

Pros:
  • "However, working there is such a bad experience that one still might learn a lot from it"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Easy access to senior people who you can learn a lot from"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "Corporate direction changed drastically in 2013 with their first "changesourcing" branded staff augmentation project"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Mostly a body shop with little investment in training"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

A growing consulting company

I have been working at Capco full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIt grows slightly above average worldwide, it is still slightly more flexible than most other large consulting companies. Employees have an opportunity to establish good industry contacts.

Consit acquires every day more and more of the corporate culture from its mother company (FIS).

Advice to Senior ManagementTake your partner profits and start a new consulting company.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Not enough Good projects but decent exposure to sr. management

Consultant (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON

I worked at Capco full-time for less than a year

ProsDiversity, recognition, friendly approach ofsenior management

ConsNot enough development space, some seniors dont treat the juniors well. not a place to define your carreer

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to match skill set with current projects

Great management consulting firm! Becoming a bigger player by the day

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Capco full-time for more than a year

Pros- Amazing culture in comparison to the BIG firms like Accenture, Deloitte, PwC..
 - Entrepreneurial Spirit
 - Vacation Bonuses

Cons- Sometimes not as easily recognized or known in the market as the competition

Advice to Senior Management- Keep the culture. Its one of the best assets.

Great working environment

Principal Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Capco full-time for more than 8 years

ProsWork with great teams, you can be yourself and work the style that best fits the individual.

ConsBeing that the environment lets you drive towards your own success you sometimes create people who only care about themselves and do anything and step on many as they race to the top

Advice to Senior ManagementInclude more 360 reviews about levels above the Associates, consultants and PC's

Review with the organization I work for.

ProsVery good Consulting Organization to work for

ConsNone that I can think of

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Best career move of my life was joining Capco

I have been working at Capco full-time for more than a year

ProsI've worked at big companies including one of the big 4 and in comparison you have more control over your career at Capco. Everything is much more hands on and you're also accountable for your role in any project and rewarded for good performance. There is the potential for promotion if you're willing to work hard.

- Very little bureaucracy and fair performance process to recognize strong contributors
- Access to leadership and direct coaching from Partners
- Growing company so many places to get involved and make a real impact in the company
- Good benefits and perks like generous holidays and fitness allowance
- Small company environment in many ways lends to a personal touch in dealing with internal groups
- Many opportunities to network with others at fun and trendy social events, townhall meetings, happy hours

Cons- Work hard play hard attitude means that you work beyond the typical 9-5 day
- Coach/mentor process could use improvements
- Training is available but you can’t always attend due to project timelines
- Internal processes could also be improved

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the small company feel and don't try to mimic the bigger players (especially Accenture!) Continue to listen to your employees and implement their ideas and solutions because so far it is working for the better of the company.

After all, not so great place to work at

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Capco full-time for more than a year

ProsEasy access to senior people who you can learn a lot from
Chance to participate in high level strategy projects

ConsMPs tend to create an hostile atmosphere at many projects and treat employees as second class citizens
Always the same type of short, high level projec. Lacking in real substance
The company tries to promote an own culture, while in reality, things are different…be aware of many false advertisements and many broken promises
Projects are too intensive work wise and demand more then 8 hrs. along with weekends

Advice to Senior ManagementEither give better perks or treat people better, otherwise, you will not be able to retain employees too long

Contractor and treated like a perm employee

Contract Recruiter (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON

I worked at Capco as a contractor for less than a year

ProsHighly brilliant people/consultants, good executive management and clear objectives so you felt like you knew what was going on and your contribution to the whole.

ConsMy contract was too short (6 months) and would work for them again.

Very good

Data Architect & J2EE Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Capco

ProsCapital market consulting, keep looking contract for you

Consnot quick response on Architecture and design base on business requirements.

Advice to Senior Managementneed some one know all architecture design and development skills

Demanding

I have been working at Capco

ProsIntense engagements at relatively senior level within financial services companies present great networking opportunities. Among Capco employees there is an impressive percentage of very experienced specialists from within FS industry and there are numerous opportunities to learn from others on assignments. Great opportunities within organization for those with sales abilities. Company is experiencing rapid growth at the moment and has not yet adopted all the bureaucracy of larger consulting companies and is very competitive.

ConsDeceiving compensation package - although base salary is slightly above average, the total package is not competitive for the delivery side of the organization; bonuses' structure (verging on being hostile to delivery employees) and amounts motivate to under perform. Client project placements for employees are remotely related to their competence areas. Lack of noticeable long term investments into the company or employees create an impression that investors/partners keep their suitcases packed and ready to sell / re-sell company any second. Currently Capco is not a place to plan your long term career at.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsulting company preaching to be transformational for other businesses needs to apply its best ideas to itself first. Invest into the delivery organization adequately to the rapid revenue growth that is expected from it.

Worked for Capco? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capco reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Capco CEO Rob Heyvaert. All 131 reviews are posted anonymously by Capco employees.