Capco

Capco Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Capco CEO Rob Heyvaert

Rob Heyvaert

Pros
  • Good knowledgeable colleagues to work with from whom one can learn a lot (in 6 reviews)

• Easy access to senior people who you can learn a lot from (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • This is all they want to do in the future so if you join now do not expect management consulting (in 10 reviews)

• Doesn't have the infrastructure of a big consulting firm (which is also a plus) (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

I love Capco

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsToronto office has a small company feel but competes easily with larger brand consulting practices. I feel like we have the best of both worlds. The projects I have worked on have been high visibility and importance for our clients. I am growing a lot in my role.

ConsA lot of people are on long term projects or programs so it is easy to feel a bit disconnected if you don't make the effort.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the management structure flat and informal; Don't dilute quality of our people by trying to grow too fast.

Capco North America is an excellent company but NY tends to live in a bubble and is dismissive of the other practices

Principal Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsCapco has outstanding culture and smart people. People here are driven to make the company do well, not because they have to but because they want to.

ConsCapco North America is run out of New York and they're very dismissive of anything that is not New York based. Leadership in NY don't seem to understand how to sell "the big deal" and typically act as an obstruction to areas that do.

Experience at Capco

ProsGood company, good people and management

Consfocus on technical more so

Advice to Senior Managementnothing

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good stepping stone for better options elsewhere but this is a revolving door

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsGood knowledgeable colleagues to work with from whom one can learn a lot.
    Exposure to financial markets and other areas of management consulting practice. Helps younger grads build up experience

ConsCapco (at least the Toronto) office has not done a good sales job and as a consequence they downsize quickly to remain competitive in meeting their numbers for the parent company (FIS). This has caused friction amongst the practice leads who need a healthy bench to sustain good projects but it seems Capco is being ignored by the Canadian banks, Steer clear until the Toronto office fixes this issue and they gain the proejectst they need to remain viable. TD, the largest Capco Toronto client has not given much business back to Capco Toronto and this is what has impacted this company. I know many good people who have been downsized recently or left as dead-end banking jobs were not what we signed up for.
    Suggest go elsewhere where you get more exposure and more training to help in career progression.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't treat your workers with disdain and as dollar bills but value them sincerely and stick by them at client sites. Don't throw them under the bus just to please a client as this looks bad to the client and also to your employees opinion of you as an organization lacking leadership qualities. Hope the people at the helm turn things around at Capco Toronto soon as they have some great people working there

A growing consulting company

Principal Consultant (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsIt grows slightly above average worldwide, it is still slightly more flexible than most other large consulting companies. Employees have an opportunity to establish good industry contacts.

Consit acquires every day more and more of the corporate culture from its mother company (FIS).

Advice to Senior ManagementTake your partner profits and start a new consulting company.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Not enough Good projects but decent exposure to sr. management

Consultant (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsDiversity, recognition, friendly approach ofsenior management

ConsNot enough development space, some seniors dont treat the juniors well. not a place to define your carreer

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to match skill set with current projects

Great management consulting firm! Becoming a bigger player by the day

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

Pros- Amazing culture in comparison to the BIG firms like Accenture, Deloitte, PwC..
     - Entrepreneurial Spirit
     - Vacation Bonuses

Cons- Sometimes not as easily recognized or known in the market as the competition

Advice to Senior Management- Keep the culture. Its one of the best assets.

Great working environment

Principal Consultant (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsWork with great teams, you can be yourself and work the style that best fits the individual.

ConsBeing that the environment lets you drive towards your own success you sometimes create people who only care about themselves and do anything and step on many as they race to the top

Advice to Senior ManagementInclude more 360 reviews about levels above the Associates, consultants and PC's

Review with the organization I work for.

Principal Consultant (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsVery good Consulting Organization to work for

ConsNone that I can think of

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Best career move of my life was joining Capco

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsI've worked at big companies including one of the big 4 and in comparison you have more control over your career at Capco. Everything is much more hands on and you're also accountable for your role in any project and rewarded for good performance. There is the potential for promotion if you're willing to work hard.

- Very little bureaucracy and fair performance process to recognize strong contributors
    - Access to leadership and direct coaching from Partners
    - Growing company so many places to get involved and make a real impact in the company
    - Good benefits and perks like generous holidays and fitness allowance
    - Small company environment in many ways lends to a personal touch in dealing with internal groups
    - Many opportunities to network with others at fun and trendy social events, townhall meetings, happy hours

Cons- Work hard play hard attitude means that you work beyond the typical 9-5 day
    - Coach/mentor process could use improvements
    - Training is available but you can’t always attend due to project timelines
    - Internal processes could also be improved

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the small company feel and don't try to mimic the bigger players (especially Accenture!) Continue to listen to your employees and implement their ideas and solutions because so far it is working for the better of the company.

Worked for Capco? Contribute to the Community!