Canvas InfoTech

Updated 8 December, 2014
4.3

Alok Bhatia

Business analyst

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in San Jose, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in San Jose, CA (US)

I worked at Canvas InfoTech

Pros

Great employer, nice work env.

Cons

Could need to travel/commute based on job.

Keep doing good work.

The truth behind operstions of Canvas Infotech

I worked at Canvas InfoTech

Pros

fast paced, no work life balance Alok expects you to work 24/7 while paying peanuts because most of the staff is out of status

Cons

My experience with Canvas began a year ago when I joined as a fresher. I noticed the fast paced easy to make money business by manipulating candidates. It all starts with training the candidate so that he can take mid vendor interviews.Once he passes this the final interview is taken by Alok who preteds to be the candidate. This is called interview help. In case it is a woman then there are some women mentors too who take the interview on behalf of the candidate. There are many people who are working illegally. They have mentioned in their commercials that they can place anybody who is even a bartender or a tax cabdriver. obviously because no candidate is taking his/her interview. Apart from that the staff is very rude and puts a condition that the contract is one sided binding the candidates to work for a year and has a $10k clause. Desparate candidates who join them are find themselves paying for their own H1B in cash an amount of $5000. There is a lot of tax free money which is unfortunately paid from our pockets. Once again the staff rudely manipulates candidates even Alok himself who is known for his abusive nature both in business and in personal life. There was a viscious email he sent to his staff member saying that if the candidate ever tries to bypass us please ensure that they pay lump sum amount to the company which affects their credit score so that in future they can never buy a car or a house. I mean this is highly taking things personal because the only mistake a candidate did was left them for a better full time opportunity with his/her company.

BA / QA CSM / CSPO

Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Canvas InfoTech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Learning a lot , Trainer Riya Malhotra and Alok are very nice

Cons

No Motivation, Self driven , more money

Alok Keep up great work and earn Blessings God Bless you

Business Associate

I have been working at Canvas InfoTech full-time

Pros

This company is the best at IT training and is not slow. You must be able to do all the work.

Cons

They offer many certifications, but they are very expensive. Must go with a group to get the best deal.

I went from an $8/hr job to a 100+k/year career!

Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Canvas InfoTech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They have excellent training and great job support. They teach you everything you need to know to survive in the IT world and help you along the way. They don't leave you high and dry. This is a wonderful choice to change your career and more than double your salary.

Cons

You get paid monthly instead of bi-weekly. This was difficult at first but now it's great because I plan a month in advance with my expenses.

Keep up the excellent work!

Canvas is a good way to change your career paths

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Canvas InfoTech as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The training helped me understand IT in a such a way that the knowledge stuck to my mind.
    The mocks that I went through and that I listened in on helped me boost my confidence tremendously.
    The staff and marketing managers were accommodating and helpful. My calls and queries were answered effectively.
    I got a job through Canvas after 2 months of joining.
    I was open to countrywide so got good offers.

Cons

The course is very intensive.
    It takes a lot of energy and time to complete it.
    The contract is a little too binding.

Enlightening!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA (US)

I have been working at Canvas InfoTech as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The very Efficient Staff of Canvas Info Tech works hard to train and place us. The Instructors are very focused at educating us and do their best to train Non-IT minds and convert them minds that understand all the IT Jargon in a month. The Marketing Managers are also very helpful, bringing in client after client. The mock interviews are very helpful in building confidence and also gaining one to one time with mentors and instructors to learn more.
    The best thing probably is the on job support that Canvas provides even after placing us.

Cons

The intensive training format can be pretty hectic and draining but its also extremely needed.