Campbell Soup

Campbell Soup Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Campbell Soup President and CEO Denise Morrison

Denise Morrison

Pros
  • One can achieve a fairly good work/life balance in most departments(in 16 reviews)

• Great people who take pride in doing good work(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance can be a challenge because cutbacks over the last several years have required everyone to do more with less(in 3 reviews)

• Senior management relies too much on middle management and have caused many failures in business projects(in 4 reviews)

I recommend Campbell Soup

Category Manager (Former Employee)

ProsStrong Brands that consumers love. Investing in World Headquarters making it a much better place to work. Name recognition, heritage.

ConsMany categories are declining. Changing Culture. Possible takeover target. Yearly reorganizations have crippled employee morale. Constant turnover Sales & Marketing personnel.

25 year employee

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Napoleon, OH (US)

ProsEmployees are great. They really do care about there job. If they were given respect and gratitude for there work. They would work harder. This company doesn't get it.

ConsSupervision is terrible. They belittle employees. Company does not fix machines. They do not care about quality of product. Only quanity.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you would respect the ones doing the work. They would work harder. You don't get that. Also, you have to many salary that are dead weight. If you cut them you could save a bundle.

Great opportunity but had no support or training - ultimately felt set up to fail

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsReputable and well thought of brand

ConsContinuous cut head count and restructure to 3rd party HR resources

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Over 5 years as a full-time employee.

Director (Former Employee) Camden, NJ (US)

ProsGreat brands. Good benefits, loved the dental. Bonus structure for those eligible is also nice. Most employees are great to work with and welcoming. Depending on the department/group, open to some newer ideas and concepts.

ConsNo con comments at this time

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversity of thought and constructive critique of new ideas will drive the business. Effective execution is key to implementing sound ideas.

Old company slow to make changes.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Camden, NJ (US)

ProsOne of the corporate headquarters buildings is new and has a nice cafeteria, gym, and conference rooms.

ConsManagement is slow to make any changes. Very top heavy organization. Majority of the HQ facility in Camden is old and outdated. They're shutting down plants because their business is slowly dying and they're not agile enough to make changes to stay competitive.

very good learning experence

Senior Packaging Engineer (Current Employee)

Prosgood people, great food learning experence

Consslow in providing good direction

Advice to Senior Managementtrust your people

my review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood pay and benefits package

Consno cons, very good company

I worked at Campbell Soup for more than 10 years.

Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people who take pride in doing good work. Opportunity to develop strong analytical skills to get management to support your ideas. Company really values strong finance and analytical background/expertise. Strong brand equity and consumer recognition. Great benefits overall depending on position.

ConsStill too conservative and risk-adverse. Needs to be more agile in making decisions. Flat organization leaves little room for upward mobility or diversity of roles/responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage and reward intelligent risk-taking and creativity. Provide employees with greater autonomy to make decisions impacting business. Need greater flexibility and responsiveness when addressing market and customer needs.

Campbell Soup

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCampbell Soup has a rich history and diversified brands and you can learn a lot about how to run a business. They also pay well and have an on-site child care center and gym.

ConsWork/life balance can be a challenge because cutbacks over the last several years have required everyone to do more with less. Some managers will allow you to work from home, but this is necessary because dependent on your role you can work 50-60+ hours each week.

It is hard to move up if you are well networked with the right people. This can be frustrating at times.

Temp to hire without the hire

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN (US)

ProsEmployee pay is nice, free soup is nice too.

ConsA lot of miscommunications and disorganization

Worked for Campbell Soup? Contribute to the Community!