CVS Health Reviews

3,019 Reviews

CVS Health President and CEO Larry J. Merlo
Larry J. Merlo
1,095 Ratings

Pros
  • Good pay and flexible hours in the beginning until corporate has their say (in 93 reviews)

• Good benefits for part time employees, flexible schedules around school (in 93 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management never once gave any indication that they cared about their employees (in 145 reviews)

• that isn't a bad thing from a customer service standpoint but it can be stressful (in 130 reviews)

More Highlights

Massive workload with fair compensation

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Woonsocket, RI (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Woonsocket, RI (US)

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Personally challenging, impact to healthcare and day-to-day experiences of patients/customers lives.

Cons

Bureaucratic, slow decision-making, culture mired in old ways despite advertising to the contrary. front-line workers and managers have dwindling resources

Invest back into the frontline, customer-facing folks. Evaluate long-time executives, directors and managers who don't walk the talk. Prioritize the customer first, employee second and Wall Street last - you've got it backwards today.

customer service

I have been working at CVS Health full-time

Pros

training in cvs health care

Cons

great store for service customers

great service

Fantastic Experience working in a Fast paced, strategic replenishment company

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  North Andover, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in North Andover, MA (US)

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working in a 24 hour store there is greater flexibility with scheduling the staff as well as personal needs when needed. Tasks are done on specific days and you can be more efficient if you incorporate the overnight staff into the tasks that are normally done during the day. I have to say I love my job in my current 24 hour store.

Cons

If your going for store management you will bounce around. Once you find a store that works for you for location, hours, and team you may just be moving again until you get your own store. Average length in one store is 8 months to a year. Also the pay for management is not as good as some other retailers. There is a pay cut for your training period and most likely you are already took one to come here if your are already in management somewhere. The work load can be a shocker as well even if you are expecting it and are used to something similar.
    Management training is not great for work life. Training in a store and helping out other stores would be much more beneficial than actually transferring to other stores. It doesn't take long for a manager to learn tasks and usually you just need to go through the experience in order to learn. It's tough to constantly adapt to new store managers with different guidelines of schedules when you have young ones at home no matter how flexible you are.

Medical benefits for a family are not very good. Everything is out of pocket and you can't even use the minuteclinic. This needs to be more affordable for a family. Kids HAVE to go to the doctor and we have to work. It's much more convenient to go to the minuteclinic for small things like strep and ear infections. Also as a manager we need to revisit how we do our hiring. The recruiters are working 3 clients per store whether or not that client is responding or not.. Basically you could waste 2 weeks on a client that is not even interested in the job before we move on to someone who does. Our stores need 1-3 people when we are hiring and at this rate is take 3-6 months to hire one person. When you have an immediate need this is way too long. Management Trainees or assistant managers should be on a bench in a couple districts. Once your hired your in one district but many stores are in need of management and it would be nice to be able to get closer to home rather than farther and farther away in most cases. Assistants should be trained by the best store managers and meetings offsite once a month with multiple district managers. I have noticed the DM's are very different and it's hard to switch from one district to another.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent experience with this Company.

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Engagement, advancement, and the ability to help people live better, and longer.

Cons

Sometimes, as with all large Companies, metrics will invade, and slow down processes.

Contine forward on your road to innovative approaches the health for the next century.

sr, analyst

I have been working at CVS Health

Pros

great place to work, friendly atmosphere.

Cons

career growth is neutral.

Great place to work, festive atmosphere.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Miramar, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miramar, FL (US)

I worked at CVS Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great co-workers, great benefits, constant training and leadership always kept workers up-to-date on company issues.

Cons

Base pay could be higher.

Practical solutions could be more quickly implemented to prevent prolonged problems and service issues.

Overall not a bad company

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  San Antonio, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Store Manager in San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Systems in place to help with day-to-ay operations and career advancement is easily available.

Cons

They do not pay well at all.

Pay your people

I leave there happy at least

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love the people I work with and they have always been very flexible with my schedule.

Cons

The pay is not very good and I have worked there for 7 years. I just graduated college and I will need to find a new job because I will not be able to pay my bills soon.

Give the employees at least enough money to live off of at the end of the day. I don't even make above poverty line right now.

Stability

Former Employee - Photo Lab Supervisor  in  Raleigh, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Photo Lab Supervisor in Raleigh, NC (US)

I worked at CVS Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility in scheduling. No benefits, culture there are slacking on considering others.

Cons

No room for growth in the company.

Help as needed don't be so judgemental.

Low starting wage.

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician CPhT  in  Tulsa, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician CPhT in Tulsa, OK (US)

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with professional and similarly strange people was a plus.

Cons

Very low starting wage, even with a degree and experience.

Pay registered Pharmacy Techs a little more, they're worth it if they can prove their worth within the 90-day trial.

Worked for CVS Health? Contribute to the Community!