CVS Caremark

2.7 2,344 reviews

CVS Caremark President and CEO Larry J. Merlo

Larry J. Merlo

2,344 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "They have some good benefits for full time employees"
    in 83 reviews
  • "Good pay and flexible hours in the beginning until corporate has their say"
    in 78 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper Management decreases payroll every year and always asks you to do more with less"
    in 119 reviews
  • "It was difficult to meet customer service standards without adequate staffing"
    in 103 reviews

Consgrowing . .offered decent salary ,

Advice to Senior Managementnothing

Pharmacy technician for over 20 years. Job stability

I have been working at CVS Caremark

ProsThere are stores all over the US--so if you move chances are you can transfer! One of the biggest chains= stability. If you are full time they do offer good benefits. Time n a half pay for holidays and Sundays.

ConsNot enough help (budgeted hrs) for the work load, pay could be better, they don't appreciate the knowledge long time employees bring into play each day. They'd rather have more new, part-time employees they can pay less $$.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your stores more hours --compensate loyal employees who are knowledgeable, that work diligently to train new employees, and show up every day.

Great people, great environment

Pharmacy Technician CPhT (Former Employee)
Florence, AL (US)

I worked at CVS Caremark part-time for more than a year

ProsFriendly co-workers, competitive pay, challenging work environment

Conssome customer interaction, time-off policies

Great, fast-paced, work-environment

I have been working at CVS Caremark

ProsLots of room to grow professionally. Let your goals be known.

ConsMust be able to manage all types of patients and find a creative solution to solve situations.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn regards to pre-emerging leaders give them more information about the program

Okay Company

I have been working at CVS Caremark

ProsSome growth opportunities if you stick around long enough.

ConsPeople aren't always nice. Cut throat.

it was a good exposure for me being a retail professional. Working for CVS gave me some insights how the Pharmacy side o

Co-manager (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at CVS Caremark as a contractor for more than a year

ProsDecent pay in comparison to other retailers.

ConsIt is quite dangerous when you have to take receive the shipment in the middle of the night alone,especially in the cold weather

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople working in the stores are humans not robots. Treat them with respect and a little more of a human touch.

Land of Opportunity

District Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at CVS Caremark full-time for more than 10 years

ProsTremendous opportunity for professional growth and career development.

ConsWorkload is not for the faint of heart.

Good Job!

I have been working at CVS Caremark

ProsFriendly coworkers, good system, fair

ConsBusy, exposed to contagious disease

Great Company

I have been working at CVS Caremark

ProsCreate your own space and time, People in the environment are great

ConsNeed more communication for all the levels that are work there.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, but communication need to be better..

Polish a turd, it's still a turd

Store Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at CVS Caremark full-time for more than 8 years

ProsBefore upper store management they are very flexible in working with your schedule. Depending on the area of the country you work in they are very HR oriented vs all about numbers. Vacation is reasonable and the training system is fantastic.

ConsCVS is really good at making it seem like they care about what it is like to work at their retail locations and even better at making it seem like they strive everyday to improve and make it better and easier to do your job. It's all crap and lies. I've been every position in a store from clerk to pharm tech to store manager and each position got worse over time. They ask for your feedback then pretend that the whole company cried about not being able to decorate the break room instead of the fact that corporate allocates so few hours to stores that almost every employee feels like ripping their hair out by the end of their shift because there's not enough help. They are constantly take take taking and yet they pile more and more crap on top of the workload and say if you can't handle it you obviously aren't doing your job right. One second you're the master of your store then the next you better be setting to the book, there's NO consistency. They salary you for 45 hours but expect that you be working 50 or more depending on your store with no extra incentive for the time. CVS doesn't care about you they care about their position on the Fortune 500 list. They'll gladly leave you so understaffed and over budgeted that store managers are forced to work 60 hours a week and staff quit because of stress than lose a few places on the biggest profits of the year chart. In a nutshell CVS will screw you if they feel they can gain something from it. Needless to say even if I were desperate I wouldn't work another minute for CVS at a retail location.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay reasonable wages. You don't get the type of staff you demand paying $8 an hour. Cashiers at Costco make more to do 1/10 of the work a clerk at CVS does. While you're at it think about the salaries you pay your store managers. The legall crap they put up with and the hours they worke far outweigh what they make. Cut some of the bull crap out of the picture, there were SO many pointless and stupid, outdated tasks to do.

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!

CVS Caremark – Why Work for Us?

Our Company CVS Caremark is a pharmacy innovation company that is reinventing pharmacy for better health. We are continuously developing new ways to improve access for patients, promote better health outcomes and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CVS Caremark reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for CVS Caremark CEO Larry J. Merlo. All 2,344 reviews are posted anonymously by CVS Caremark employees.