CNH Industrial N.V.

CNH Industrial N.V. Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

CNH Industrial N.V. President and CEO Richard Tobin

Richard Tobin

Pros
  • Benefits are good compared to other like companies(in 7 reviews)

• Most people are willing to help you through your internship experience(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Very undfriendly work environment(in 5 reviews)

• A lot of ideas to become world class are slowed or stopped by managment playing musical chairs(in 5 reviews)

Great Place to Work - Freedom to act

ProsGreat industry to be in - Anything Agriculture related has been consistently stable in relation to other industries. Other great growth opportunities within the company are always coming up.

ConsThe monthly/quarterly focus is a treadmill that can become the focus, when it's really about taking care of longterm client needs, and building relationships

OK place to start your work

Manufactruing Engineering (Current Employee) Saskatoon, SK

ProsInternationally known company and looks good on your resume. Initially you can learn lots about manufacturing processes

ConsSalary scale is little bit on lower side. Management does not know what they re looking for and not flexible of working hours

Engineering Intern

Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Burr Ridge, IL (US)

ProsGreat people, can always get help where I need it.
    Small company values in a worldwide corporation.

ConsHad to sit in a conference room.
    Didn't have a computer the first 2 days.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, but a large company with little say

Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsIn my experience the pay is very competitive with the industry. Management is very eager to teach newcomers and very interested in your success.

ConsYour concerns(customer concerns) are not taken seriously and typically dismissed as whats best for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the advice of dealers and utilize practices that the competition use, or continue to watch market share decline.

Do your job really well and learn politics to be successful

Marketing (Current Employee) Racine, WI (US)

ProsStrong company with a long tradition built on a solid industry. Self starters can achieve here if you can get visibility from management, benefits are solid, people here are great to work with, opportunity to see the world in some roles

ConsLittle diversity in management, out-dated philosophy about how to manage people, not a strong company culture to speak of, training/growth is limited, difficult to move up, antique systems

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need to modernize our systems and focus on people.

Great Experience

Intern (Former Employee) Racine, WI (US)

ProsGreat Mentors, positive work place

ConsNone that I can think off

Great Company but Meritocracy has run it's it course

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Racine, WI (US)

ProsOutstanding benefits with probably the best 401k plan I have heard or read of. Great tradition with strong precence in Agriculture equipment industry. Great legacy products with good share in a competitive industry. Still a very loyal customer base to brand.

ConsR & D is minimal which will hurt sales over next 5 years. Company claims to have a "Meritocracy culture" concering promotions and pay raises, this is essentially a fancy way to say we have a pay freeze. Even when you promote an employee you have to fight with HR to get a basic 5% pay raise. Meanwhile every external candidate we hire, we have to pay at the top of pay ranges that have been frozen essentially for 6 years which should be a gigantic red flag that our pay ranges are no longer competitve.

Advice to Senior ManagementCrank up R & D, ASAP or risk huge share loss's. Fix compensation ASAP or continue to lose valuable long time employees who have almost impossible industry expertise. It is sad to see management take advantage of so many with tenure who are so loyal to the brands they have worked for so long for. Morale is at an all time low in Racine especially, mangement shakeup needed badly.

No value for people growth

Commodity Manager (Former Employee) Turin (Italy)

ProsInternational Environment, good products, stable manufacturing facilities

ConsVery miopic projection for the future, no personell development plan

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your people, make more internal rotation

Ok company to work for

ProsGood pay and benefits for employees.

ConsLittle effort from management to fix problems

Overall good experience.

Design Engineer (Current Employee) New Holland, PA (US)

ProsA lot of freedom to do your work. Not super high pressure typically.

ConsOnly Politically savvy people can move up the ladder. Lucky to get a promotion every 3-4 years... pretty much just watch the time go by. They don't recognize performance, even though they say they do. Salaries are not competitive with market... maybe competitive to people who live in Iowa, Kansas and the cost of living is half the price.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow rising starts to flourish, or watch them leave. Salaries are 10% behind the market, time for a change. Be a leader! Stop following DEERE, and step out of the shadows.

Worked for CNH Industrial N.V.? Contribute to the Community!