CNH Industrial N.V.

Updated 1 March, 2015
Updated 1 March, 2015

CNH Industrial N.V. President and CEO Richard Tobin
Richard Tobin

Pros
  • Benefits are good compared to other like companies (in 8 reviews)

• Most people are willing to help you through your internship experience (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • maybe competitive to people who live in Iowa, Kansas and the cost of living is half the price (in 5 reviews)

• Low starting pay, no raises, bogus bonus plan, terrible managers, backstabbing bosses, no promotions, no training, etc (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

advancement possibilities are endless,management encourage job changes internally,HR are out of tune with industry stans

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Company supports its employess very well with regards to benefits and the like, salaries are lower than expected in any managerial position,work conditions as a whole are good.

Cons

HR policies are out dated, hiring freezes are hurting company moral and productivity at the expense of share holder profits.

get out into the world and listen to field personnel.

OK place to start your work

Current Intern - Manufactruing Engineering in Saskatoon, SK
    Current Intern - Manufactruing Engineering in Saskatoon, SK

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Internationally known company and looks good on your resume. Initially you can learn lots about manufacturing processes

Cons

Salary scale is little bit on lower side. Management does not know what they re looking for and not flexible of working hours

Great Place to Work - Freedom to act

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V.

Pros

Great industry to be in - Anything Agriculture related has been consistently stable in relation to other industries. Other great growth opportunities within the company are always coming up.

Cons

The monthly/quarterly focus is a treadmill that can become the focus, when it's really about taking care of longterm client needs, and building relationships

Very good environment

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Basildon, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It belongs to the Fiat group, it's a very good company and they promote foreign workers

Cons

You can't get a higher possition

It's a good company to start your carrer

Raises and Promotions

Current Employee - Engineer in Burr Ridge, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Burr Ridge, IL (US)

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Sizable bonus
    - Generous 401k
    - Decent medical insurance
    - Employer works with employees to reduce the healthcare cost
    - Good work-life balance
    - HR organizes fun activities like Turkey Bingo or Harvester Fest to boost morale.
    - Good amount of paid holidays
    - Nice cafeteria with unlimited coffee and tea
    - Reverse osmosis water filtration machines throughout the building

Cons

- Low morale. CNHI does not give merit raises. Your base salary remains the same year after year unless you get promotion.
    - There is no guideline on promotion. It is typical for employees to remain at the same pay grade for many years.
    - The annual performance review forces a certain percentage of employees to be Low Performers using a 9-box model. Low Performers do not get a bonus. It is the upper management and HR who dictate your final scoring number, not your manager.
    - There is not a technical track for technical people like engineers. Not everyone wants to be or suitable to be managers.
    - Older employees tend to stay. It is hard to keep younger employees around.
    - Upper management puts too much emphasis on quarter to quarter financial performance. The decisions made are very short-term minded such as reduction in R&D spending.
    - The hourly budgeting system (Dante) creates unnecessary work. I need to charge my hours somewhere. So, I need to persuade my internal customers the importance of the projects even though I don't think it adds any value to the company.

- Establish a technical track like its sister company Fiat Chrysler. Remain a strong technical base would give us an edge over our competitors.
    - Give all employees a small merit raise yearly and give a small bonus only to the top performers.
    - Get rid of the 9-box model with bell curve. Within the team, either myself or my coworkers are going to be rated as a Low Performer. Then, why should I help my coworkers when they are in need of anything? Why should I pass info to them?
    - Get rid of Dante. It's good to keep track how the money is spent. But you never find out how many unnecessary projects there are.

No raises no promotions. Little hope.

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to take on more and varied responsibilities.

Cons

The meritocracy system at CNH Industrial states that if you are making more than the industry average for your grade level you will not be allowed to receive a raise. But that matters little since you will not receive a raise anyways. If you accomplish all of the goals that were given to you in a year and do them well you will not receive a raise.

I have not met anyone working at CNH for less than 6 years who has received a raise.

I know that the policies at CNH Industrial are not good and that there is little you can do about it. I would just ask that you be honest with your employees.

Good comany but needs to be restructured in term of people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Turin (Italy)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Turin (Italy)

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Worldwide presence is a pro, wide range of products to cover different markets segment, technologically advanced product but not in all the segment.

Cons

Sales/commercial line should be renewed the comany is too slow to react to the market changes.

Take care about your people, try to identy the right people to retain and get rid of those that do not bring added value to the company

Degrading work conditions and getting closer to Fiat Group way of work

Former Employee - Program Manager in Turin (Italy)
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Turin (Italy)

I worked at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Complex business and products. Very specific knowledge required, vast areas of improvements

Cons

Rigid and fragmented as all companies coming from an acquisition process and never fully integrated. In the last years the integration with the rest of the Fiat Group world has brought high pressures and lower benefits, creating bad moods

More respect to people is mandatory!

The Benson, MN branch is a has-been. Extremely high turnover rate and low moral.

Former Intern - Manufacturing Engineer in Benson, MN (US)
    Former Intern - Manufacturing Engineer in Benson, MN (US)

I worked at CNH Industrial N.V. as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

As an intern, the largest "pro" was knowing the internship would be over within 3 months.

Cons

Poor work life balance, very low employee moral.

By the time this sentence is read, all of management will be replaced by new people who will, in turn, be replaced by even newer people.

Assembler

Current Employee - Assembler in Racine, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Assembler in Racine, WI (US)

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V.

Pros

easy work..clean building..its not a bad job if you can somehow overlook the management and how they treat you

Cons

management is horrible..employees suggestions get thrown away and the "i'm the boss and i say this" saying is used..overtime that isnt needed is forced on employees

CNH Industrial N.V. Photos