CBS Outdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Wally C. Kelly

Toronto, Canada: Dishonest management led by a buffoon.

Various (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsBetter than no job at all.
    Don't charge you for heating or use of washrooms.
    The President cannot punch you though he often wishes he could.

ConsPoor management of people.
    Short sighted market planning.
    Reactive rather than proactive.
    Run by a ex CFL football player whose approach to solving problems is to say "Just do it."
    Sales run without creativity.
    Poor or no job skills training.
    Low morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourselves.
    Join the 21st century.
    Upgrade all aspects of a woeful work environment.

Good old boy network…

ProsDescent experience overall,ability to network with a variety of business owners, great personalities to work with, excellent graphic design artist,fortune 500 company

ConsSenior management receives largest accounts, major accounts are distributed amongst favorites, "sink or swim" type of environment, employees prefer a specific person to deal with overall in management hierarchy, uncomfortable office with awkward location.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider being more open minded overall, don't assume everyone thinks your jokes are funny and don't take it personal when someone doesn't find you humorous, you should appreciate candidness and not reward deceitfulness, understand that simply because an individual isn't married with children doesn't entitle you to assume their life outside of work is less important or more convenient, try not to be as condescending and understand that ice in Texas is not at all normal…

Great internship experience!

Office/Game-Day Intern (Current Employee) Baton Rouge, LA (US)

ProsWorking with LSU Sports Properties as an intern has provided me with a lot of experience in the sports industry. I've learned so many new things to help me through a career in sports such as working on recaps and working with sponsors.

ConsThe biggest challenge for me was putting aside my thoughts of how others were working and just getting through my work in the best way possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementInteract more with interns.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosliked the work in the past

Consbad management needs to learn to be more openminded

I like working for CBS Outdoor, I have learned a lot about outside sales.

Account Executive (Current Employee) Stockton, CA (US)

ProsYou create your own schedule, you have flexibility on who to call on and you create your success!

ConsThe company is changing and there is a lot of uncertainty of what will happen to the industry in the Northern California area.

Awful?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAside from any management, great people.

ConsI don't know where to start. You would think that with a company like this, there would be some relationship between position and competence. Like a manager should know how to use a question mark in a sentence, or not make up words, or not say that their best skill is delegating. Unfortunately, that's not the case at all. I could really go on a rant here, but I’ll be brief. If you want to be in sales, there’s no training, so good luck. If you want a career path, it won’t happen unless you’re in sales and can network with the right guys. If you’re in anything other than a sales role, there’s no training and no opportunity for growth. I really like the people I worked with, but this company was a depressing dead end that was a total void in my career.

You can advance into senior management if you've been hit in the head pretty hard several times in your life.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent experience if you can survive a "sink or swim" type of environment. Ok money to be made even if you're not appreciated for the effort. As long as you're generating results you can advance into sales management (if you can stand working for one of the company's senior managers)

ConsEx-athlete senior management are less than intelligent, spiteful bullies. The East Coast Senior Vice President excels at management through harassment, interrogation and humiliation. Avoid working in one of his East Coast markets for sure. Totally unprofessional management approach.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people like humans and not as disposable assets. Get rid of the bullying atmosphere. Invest in your staff and encourage them with positive feedback, adopt a zero tolerance policy of harassment and enforce it, even if it's the company's senior managers.

Perfect place for someone inexperienced with a humane corporate culture.

Lease Administrator (Former Employee) Berkeley, CA (US)

ProsThe medical plan should cover a portion of the therapy sessions necessary to remind yourself that you are worthy human being.

ConsPeople are managed by intimidation and if you are thrilled by the thought then this is the place for you. Extremely click-"ish." And diversity is minimal.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe world has changed and providing a respectful working environment is more the norm now. Take the time to learn how to effectively manage adults, as opposed to bullying acceptable performance.

The best Job I've held to this point.

Account Executive (Former Employee) New Orleans, LA (US)

ProsExceptional leadership provided by management. Laid back environment at the office, and every employee knows one another like a family member. That experience was so amazing because of the people who run and work in that office.

ConsLimited inventory of billboard locations.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work and thank you for giving me the opportunity to work with such a great group of individuals. Thanks also for spending the extra time outside of work to try to help me succeed.

Great Environment, some processes outdated but they are moving with the times

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsBest General manger ever. Listened and implemented and rewarded us for good work, listened to all of our concerns and suggestions

Consanything that had to do outside my office. Billing dept is absurdly dumb and lazy. Just plain and simple. Even had to call and train them on basic math and proration.

Advice to Senior ManagementBilling Department helps in losing sales. Had three or more clients leave since the billing dept could't figure out charges, over charged and couldn't do their job.

Worked for CBS Outdoor? Contribute to the Community!