CBRE

CBRE Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

CBRE President & CEO Robert E. Sulentic

Robert E. Sulentic

Pros
  • There is no work-life balance and they always try to low-ball when you get hired(in 23 reviews)

• Best in business for commercial real estate(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance not always honored due to competitiveness within the company(in 14 reviews)

• May just focus on upper management development rather than the lower ranks(in 18 reviews)

An excellent place to work and grow professionally

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsChallenged daily to improve processes for client operations

ConsCompensation was low for what is expected, that said, very generous bonus plans and benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementReview compensation strategy to attract and retain best employees

Good company to work for, but have to put in a lot of effort to be noticed.

Operating Engineer (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

Pros-Have some very solid leadership in place in some areas.
    -Great parties and gatherings.
    -Very good company and platform.

Cons-Work load can be heavy at times, and will not be compensated for it.
    -You have to make sure that management notices the amount of work and effort you are putting in.
    -Vacation time was not great previously, but they have addressed the issue more or less.
    -Limited growth path.

Advice to Senior Management-Be more open to employee ideas and suggestions, instead of having the attitude of "we're management, and we know better.
    -Stop the rampant nepotism.

Good company to work for

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsGood employee benefits and vacation

ConsHarder for people in entry level positions to advance. Most leaders are recruited as managers and executives from competing firms.

Advice to Senior ManagementOperations management should pay more attention to cultivating an engaging work environment

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chauvenistic Calgary Team

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Calgary, AB

ProsThe Christmas Party was fun?

ConsCompletely sexist. Like Mad Men but worse.

Average overall experience, nothing to write home about

Construction Project Manager (Current Employee) Ottawa, ON

ProsQuality of the upper management.

ConsLarge corporation employee can easily get lost or ignored

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication

Business Analyst

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsStability and job security is high

ConsToo many baby boomers, needs young talent

Great place to start after graduation - but leave after the first year

Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsWell known company - looks good on resume
    good benefits
    OK bonus packages

ConsInsane hours, not paid overtime
    little recognition from management
    can't move up the ranks easily
    pay is very low for new graduates

Advice to Senior Managementrecognition goes far - give your employees positive re-enforcement and honest feedback to keep them on board for longer.

Great opportunities but hampered by hierachy and bellow average IT hardware (IT support is good though)

Researcher (Current Employee) Kitchener, ON

ProsMany locations, many jobs, many departments, wealth of knowledge shared over in-house software but hard to take advantage of in terms of time and knowing how to access it.

ConsMyriad of support software all has different UI, sometimes hard to navigate and find what you need but it is there...somewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementAggregate different support software and provide some autonomy to city offices. IT needs to be updated to keep up with the rest of the world.

good experience with large commercial real estate projects

Engineer (Current Employee) Markham, ON

ProsLarge company that has many opportunities for people interested in managing real estate.
    Can work from home a few days/week

ConsHR department is incompetent-makes frequent payroll mistakes related to pension contributions and the hr websites are riddled with mistakes and poor programming design. It's obvious that CBRE in Canada doesn't consider the HR department to be very important in terms of employee growth and development.
    Benefits are barely competitive-monthly benefits costs are excessive.
    Workload is excessive for the pay but that relates to the account one is working for.
    No interaction between the various accounts. No company sponsored group get togethers unless employees pay for it themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to spend some time focusing on the human aspect -career development-a HR that is more than a skeleton crew - rather than looking only at the financial numbers.

Several Years Under My Belt

Prosstable, growing company; competitive firm

ConsI don't have any cons for this company

Advice to Senior Managementthink about allowing more telecommute or other work/life balance options, and having more transparency regarding salary ranges, etc.

Worked for CBRE? Contribute to the Community!