Butterfield Bank

Updated Mar 07, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bradford B. (Brad) Kopp

Don't make waves at the big bank

Support Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Butterfield Bank

ProsVery well respected in the community and good stepping stone. I loved the social and community involvement they offered and it was great networking with people in other departments. I did get a thrill seeing them again and again in the local media and being part of the group.

ConsSome mgt almost seemed threatened if you showed competence or an ability to get things done faster and better. My grievance was with specific people who had authority over me and things had to be their way or the highway. I did get some smug satisfaction seeing them put out a few months later, but I'm too proud to go back for now.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore understanding and openess to Gen Y and reviewing some processes to streamline them instead of holding onto redundant and unnecessary steps.

Great place to work

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Butterfield Bank full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat opportunities for career progression if you willing to fight for them. Good people at all levels and on the most part a great place to work

ConsSome issues with communcation from senior managment. There seems to be a bit of a disconnect between them and the staff. Also, constant changes of direction make long term planning difficult

Advice to Senior ManagementCommuncate better. Involve staff in the business.

On a downward spiral

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Butterfield Bank full-time

Prosgood work life balance, completive compensation, benefits and vacation. Jurisdictions, and solid market share and client base.

ConsButterfield is in a downward spiral and seems to have lost vision and focus of the future. What was once a great growing regional bank has morphed into a company grasping to survive the tail end of the recent financial crisis. Employee moral continues to plummet as they continue to cut costs primarily through lay-offs and forced attrition.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue!

Progressive and diverse competencies were acquired.

IT Officer (Former Employee)

I worked at Butterfield Bank

ProsHighly technical environment that presents many opportunities to learn. Can serve as an excellent open university for a recent graduate and provide a solid base.

ConsRigit and inflexible policies. The organization objectives is always paramount and not enough consideration is given to human resource issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople are the greatest resource the Bank can have and if more attention is given to people issues then it will augur well for the Bank

Chaotic

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Butterfield Bank

ProsGood money, plenty of smart people

ConsChaos is pervasive within IT

Advice to Senior ManagementLet people get on with their jobs

Worked for Butterfield Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Butterfield Bank reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Butterfield Bank CEO Bradford B. (Brad) Kopp. All 5 reviews are posted anonymously by Butterfield Bank employees.