Burlington Coat Factory

Updated 28 September, 2014
2.5

Burlington Coat Factory President and CEO Tom Kingsbury
Tom Kingsbury

Pros
  • Great deals offered on products sold and the employee discount for these products (in 13 reviews)

• Mostly flexible schedule, co-workers are friendly (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • minimum wage, but once the minimum wage went up our wages were not adjusted (in 33 reviews)

• No appropriate work/life balance - people that create their own are penalized (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Treats you like family

Current Employee - Baby Depot Specialist  in  San Antonio, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Baby Depot Specialist in San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at Burlington Coat Factory part-time for more than a year

Pros

I love my job in the baby depot department. When you know your stuff you will enjoy working there. With the right team that treats you like family. If you are having a bad day let them know and they will decide what is best for you. Or medical problems they will help you to try to be flexible so you can keep your job and do what you do best. Always communicate thats the best outcome you will get from your job or any job out there. There are always going to be ups and downs on a job its your choice on how you handle it.

Cons

Hours, lack of acknowledgement and recognition when handling customers the right way to make them feel welcomed to come back again by not saying thank you enough for all your hard work and dedication to make the store the best that it should be. Lack of communication to say this is what is going on in the store etc. Schedules are not easy to get there are times when its changed with or without your acknowledgement.

Employees are people too and have feelings. Communication is the best way to treat employees with respect and you will gain that back.

Great Leadership, poor LP opportunities

Former Employee - Loss Prevention Associate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Loss Prevention Associate in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Burlington Coat Factory full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Leaders. Great Company. Gives you a lot to knowledge.

Cons

No growth opportunities. LP is understaffed.

Expand LPs growth opportunites with a National Taks Force and Internal Investigators

I did like working there. The only thing is that i wasn't able to work full-time.

Former Employee - Customer Service Cashier  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Cashier in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I worked at Burlington Coat Factory part-time for more than a year

Pros

Working there is nice because you get to interact with customer.

Cons

Maintaining the sales, checking out the customers at fast pace. Staying motivated

Very great people. Helpful and every knowledgeable.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Difficult

Current Employee - Associate  in  Cerritos, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Associate in Cerritos, CA (US)

I have been working at Burlington Coat Factory part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy to be hired and weekly pay

Cons

No training, managers show favoritism, bad hours

Experience has been great so far.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Burlington Coat Factory part-time

Pros

Flexible hours, pretty easy job

Cons

Standing up for long periods of time

Different

Current Employee - Loss Prevention Associate
    Current Employee - Loss Prevention Associate

I have been working at Burlington Coat Factory full-time for less than a year

Pros

I like meeting new people and new customers from around the world. I like the feeling that it is a family friendly work place and the coloring is nice for a cheap price plus your discount.

Cons

The management offs hard to deal with sometimes. They have strong personalities. And... IT'S RETAIL. Enough said on that. Retail.

Tat people how you want to be treated. Don't talk about them behind their backs and then expect them to RESPECT YOU.

A CSS going on four years part time. A company ready to work around your schedule when you have a primary full time job.

Current Employee - Customer Service Cashier  in  San Antonio, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Cashier in San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at Burlington Coat Factory part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Schedule flexibility is crazy. Can easily be misconstrued as favoritism and sometimes is, but it's the only company I know who will actually put you "on call" if necessary on your part.

Cons

Career advancement is non existent. It's not what you know but who you know. Annual raises are miniscule. Hours of operation are decent.

Promote from within and pay better, then the turn over of employees won't be so bad and perhaps you won't hire out of desperation wasting money on employees who don't plan on staying.

Good group of coworkers

I have been working at Burlington Coat Factory

Pros

Everybody help Ed each other

Cons

Have to clean up alot

Decent entry level job

Current Employee - Allocator  in  Burlington, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Allocator in Burlington, NJ (US)

I have been working at Burlington Coat Factory full-time for more than a year

Pros

As an hourly employee at corporate, we work 40 hours & go home. Once you learn the position & its intricacies, it is easy to do a good job.

If you are placed in the right department for you, you can have fantastic coworkers that really care about you and take a genuine interest in your life.

Burlington opens up more stores each season, the business is increasing.

Cons

Promotions are hard- highly based on the open position and the department - if a position does not exist in your department & that is your theoretical next career step, it is near impossible to be promoted.

It gets frustrating applying for promotions, not getting them, then being told you can't apply for more promotions for several more months.

Managers need more time for subordinates - though with the additional senior position added, it makes it easier to have questions answered.

It's a wonderful company to work for, but I am not getting enough hours. I am in need more work to make rent

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker  in  Carson City, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Carson City, NV (US)

I have been working at Burlington Coat Factory part-time for less than a year

Pros

The hours are good, and the management are all very kind. I like the work I do.

Cons

Getting the management to allow me more hours

For the management team. I suggest allowing more time per person rather having too many employees

Burlington Coat Factory Photos

Worked for Burlington Coat Factory? Contribute to the Community!