Burger King

Updated 28 January, 2015
Updated 28 January, 2015
2.7

Daniel Schwartz

Pros
  • You meet some nice coworkers, depending on your manager you get free food when you work (in 44 reviews)

• Opportunity to gain great experience in a fast paced environment (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • They are very clear that there is no work life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Long hours for managers, usually either very early morning or very late nights (in 32 reviews)

More Highlights

Okay First Job

Former Employee - Fast Food Worker
    Former Employee - Fast Food Worker

I worked at Burger King

Pros

Worked at three different branches during university, including summer transfer to another city at my request. Fun environment and I appreciated that my request not to work on cash was accepted. Management was good about giving time off when I needed it.

Cons

Unsanitary food practices at one of the stores I worked at, also was sexually harrassed there.

Keep an eye on interpersonal dynamics between employees.

First job, poor wages, horribly inefficient company

Former Employee - Cashier in Orillia, ON
    Former Employee - Cashier in Orillia, ON

I worked at Burger King

Pros

It's okay for a first job as it was fairly easy to get hired as there isn't exactly a line up of people wanting to work at Burger King.

It wasn't stressful and everyone was able to joke around especially when the store wasn't busy which was often.

Cons

Getting paid minimum wage but I guess you can't expect much more for taking someones order.

The drive-thru audio equipment was very old and didn't work well which was both frustrating for myself and the customer.
    Performance by head office was measured mainly by drive thru times but Burger King's assembly process made times impossible to achieve without the product being made it advance despite them advertising that they did not do this.

Several years later looking back at this job and in my final year of completing a Business degree it amazes me how inefficient this company was especially from an operations perspective. If only Burger King could look at their competitors, specifically McDonald's they could likely assemble their product in half the time.

Improve your assembly process and invest in new equipment so your staff can achieve your performance goals.

Good working environment

Former Employee - Cook/Cashier in Coal Township, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Cook/Cashier in Coal Township, PA (US)

I worked at Burger King part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people you work with are very friendly and don't make work feel so much like work. The management is great.

Cons

Not a high paying job.

It's a fast food job

Current Employee - Fast Food Shift Manager in Augusta, ME (US)
    Current Employee - Fast Food Shift Manager in Augusta, ME (US)

I have been working at Burger King

Pros

The flexible schedule was the biggest pro. This was the most convenient while still in school. This is also the type of job where there is always something to keep you busy, never a dull moment.

Cons

No benefits until you make assistant manager. They say you should get a review with the potential for a raise every 6 months, but you are lucky to get a yearly review with minimal raises. not enough attention on training.

Work on getting reviews out in a more timely manner. This can be a neutral way to address crew members who may not be meeting standards, and rewarding those meeting expectations. Often crew members are unaware they are not meeting expectations.

Vice President

Former Employee - Vice President in Miami, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Vice President in Miami, FL (US)

I worked at Burger King

Pros

Excellent place to work and develop your career

Cons

Extensive travel was hard on the family

Lack Of training

Former Employee - Burger King - Operations Management Trainee in Miami, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Burger King - Operations Management Trainee in Miami, FL (US)

I worked at Burger King full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Free Food and working with great resturant level staff

Cons

No real leadership, Trainees are expected to learn but no one there to show them the ropes

This was a great company to work for if you're 16. Good work environment. free soda was good. I like burger king.

Former Employee - Cashier in San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Cashier in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Burger King full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

eqweq ewqeq qeweq qe weqw eq we qe qw ew qe wewq w e qw e qwe qw eqw

Cons

adssaad asdada adsdda adsd ad s ads da ads

Meritocracy

Former Employee - Management Trainee Program in Miami, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Management Trainee Program in Miami, FL (US)

I worked at Burger King

Pros

3G Capital owns BKC and creates a culture around meritocracy. Talent rises -- you either go up or out. They reward based on your ability to find opportunities for improvement; furthermore, capitalizing on those opportunities.

Cons

You work long, hard hours. It's a bit cutthroat.

No advice. It's not that the meritocracy is bad...it's just simply how you motivate.

Its what you make if it.

Current Employee - Cashier in Valley Stream, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Cashier in Valley Stream, NY (US)

I have been working at Burger King part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people I work with are fun real people, its almost like a family. With respect for all (Management coworkers and customers) it can be a blast. This type of job is trully what you make of it, if you look at it negatively you'll feel negative about it. But if you look at it with a positive outlook you'll enjoy your time working.

Cons

Unfortunately the people who do ruin this type of job is about 90%of the rude, ungrateful,ill-educated, Un-mannered customers. The leftover 10% is probably a bad manager.

allways support your team.

A decent job if you are working part time through college.

Former Employee - Team Member in Bloomington, IN (US)
    Former Employee - Team Member in Bloomington, IN (US)

I worked at Burger King part-time (more than a year)

Pros

You can work as many hours as you want up to 40. Co workers are awesome! There is never a dull moment with the customers that come through!

Cons

You work a lot and only make minimum weeks. A lot of times I would work 39 hours a week and my pay checks were so small.

Show respect for your team members. Without them you would not be making the money you do. Customer service is key and the team members put in a lot of work and feel very unappreciated