Burger King

www.burgerking.com

Burger King Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Daniel Schwartz

Pros
  • Get paid weekly, 50% discount on lunch and sometimes get to bring home free food (in 37 reviews)

• Opportunity to gain great experience in a fast paced environment (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • no work-life balance, extreme amount of work due to lack of people (in 14 reviews)

• Long hours, no offices, no sense of being a part of something bigger (in 24 reviews)

More Highlights

I worked with Ex-cons, rapists, and homeless people.

Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsEasy job.
    If you have a good manager, they can help you with your schedule.

ConsLow pay. Minimum change of promotion. They don't tell you about benefits. Short breaks. My manager told me multiple times to clock out for break and return to work. When I didn't, she would decrease my days on the schedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave weekly team meetings!
    Show that you care about your employees.

good experience

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Rock Hill, SC (US)

ProsIt's a fun place to work most of the time. The team members become your friends and are like family to you. Just like any other retail job you will get used to certain customers on a regular basis and it's a good feeling to know what tey want, have it ready the way they like it and put a smile on their face. It's a;so a great place because they usually can and will work around your schedule. This was the only place willing to hire me when I explained I would need every Friday and Saturday off for several months in order to attend my teenagers football games and band competitions.

ConsPeople have a preconception about fast food employees. Management in particular does not get paid as well as they should. I have worked in many different industries and fast food managers have to do a large amount of back of house work. In a manufacturing job there are four different dept.s handling what one manager does. They are responsible for production, scheduling, purchasing, human resources at store level and customer service.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be a better pay scale for top employees and please recognize what your store managers and assistants are responsible for on a daily basis and pay accordingly.

A decent starting point, if need be.

Crew Member (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

ProsThere are opportunities if you're motivated to do better. Good co-workers always make the environment better along with good managers. Also there are decent perks and the company is on a great upswing

ConsThe variety of customers can be challenging for some. Also standing on your feet for extended periods. The schedule can also cause problems but it depends heavily on you're availability.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The Whopper is a superior product

ProsWorking with heroin addicts as your manager

Conslow-paying, hard work.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore time off policies.

it was aweful

Front Counter (Former Employee) Ormond Beach, FL (US)

ProsThe customers were the only good point

ConsThe shift managers made it hard to work there

Advice to Senior Managementyou need to have 1 shift manager on each shift. I had up to 4 different ones at one time and never knew who to listen to. They all said to do different things. Very confusing.

Funnest job I ever had!

Opener, Drive-thru (Former Employee) Riverside, CA (US)

ProsI enjoyed working with people. I was good at being a cashier.

ConsHaving to clean the bathroom. Made minimum wage. Standing on feet all da.

Advice to Senior ManagementI thought it was a great place to work.

part time employee - about what you would expect

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosit was a job, made okay money, not the best type of work but could be worse. manager wasn't a jerk but wasn't my best friend either. you are expected to show up on time and do your job.

Consyou are a fast food employee, would suck anywhere. you have to bend over backwards for angry customers and always act happy to help. you are providing a service.

Fast paced but friendly environment

Hourly Shift Manager (Current Employee) Kelso, WA (US)

ProsCo worker connections are important considering you have to have constant communication through meal rushes. Its easy to get close to the people you work with. A great way to gain multi tasking experience and general management materials can be gained.

ConsIts customer service first and foremost. About 90% of customers don't see you. They see something that feeds them so more often than not, you spend your time trying to keep the customer happy any way that you can.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider cost of living raises PLEASE

District Trainer

District ManagerTrainer (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO (US)

ProsGreat if you don't have a family

Consnever a good schedule people always call in

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on numbers and all will be good

Decent first jon but it gets time wasting

Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) Lynchburg, VA (US)

ProsGreat first job for a teenager or if you're working through school. Advancements are possible but DO NOT count on it really just depends on management and your relationship

ConsSlight favoritism don't believe they have a set criteria on the requirements to move up which just allows management to bring up who ever THEY WANT

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote the best person and experience does not always mean competence

Worked for Burger King? Contribute to the Community!