Bryant & Stratton College

Bryant & Stratton College Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Moving in the right direction

ProsFree education due to the companies mission of life long learning.

ConsLack of cohesive leadership at all levels. Lack of agile business development.

Appreciation goes a long way!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Virginia Beach, VA (US)

ProsFriendly faculty and staff who have a passion for what they do
    Sound curriculum
    Accreditation

ConsAdmissions is the "golden" department, and the majority of our all associate meetings focus on praising them.
    Benefits are high in cost and low in coverage
    Unethical managers
    Leaders who do not build relationships with their teams
    Salary is not in compensation for all of the required tasks
    The culture has changed over the many years I was employed here. It went from a family atmosphere to a "dog-eat dog-world"!

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement,
    I was employed at Bryant & Stratton for many years. At one time I looked forward to coming to work. This definitely changed for me and the majority of my co-workers. We were expected to retain a high number of students, but the admissions standards and tactics are unethical and deplorable! There needs to be a focus of attracting students who desire a higher education, and not just a refund check. When management makes decisions, it is imporant to consider how it affects the employees who are actually doing the job. Retention is a campus wide directive not just the focus of one department. Employees salaries should be a representation of all their assigned duties. Furthermore, a closer eye needs to be placed on the doings of certain department managers. It is "do what I say, not what I do"!!

Employment in Higher Education Environment

Career Services Assistant (Current Employee) Eastlake, OH (US)

ProsGained great experience in the HR field

ConsNone that I can think of off hand

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosnursing staff, students, lay-out, supplies

Conspay, politics, back-stabbing, reputation, stress

It's what you make it

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt's not hard work, salaries are competitve

ConsIt is very sales focused

Heading in the right direction now

ProsThe new CEO is raising the bar for everyone at the college. Overall, the management is focusing on increasing the morale and investing in the employees. There is some work to do but I am confident the new CEO will make it happen.

ConsSome ways of thinking and use of systems are out dated. The good news is that the new leadership is increasing accountability and asking "why". Good things to come.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. Continue listening to the employees and over-communicate. It will take some time to turn things around but I am confident it will happen.

It's ok

Student (Current Employee) Rochester, NY (US)

ProsIts good for one on one and must of the teachers are willing to help you

Conssome of the programs don't give a lot off support.

Great team approach!

Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) Syracuse, NY (US)

ProsEveryone at the college is very focused on what is best for students. They are passionate about education and helping people achieve. Adjunct instructors are made to feel very welcomed and a part of the team. You never feel like an outsider. Class sizes are kept small, which is a great advantage for teachers and students alike.

ConsSometimes the small size of the school means their need for adjuncts is limited. As a result, the number of classes you teach from semester to semester is a bit uncertain.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive teachers a little more freedom to pick the classes they are most interested and comfortable teaching.

Great place to work!

Manager (Current Employee) Hampton, VA (US)

ProsI have worked at state institutions and truly appreciate the one on one opportunity to connect with students. A family atmosphere is cultivated and there is flexibility with schedules. I love the many activities offered which allow interaction with students.

ConsThere are some employees who are simply not happy and take that out on others. Of course anywhere you go there are those whose mission is to cause strife.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to hire those people who make it their mission to change lives of others.

Admissions Representitive

Admissions Representative (Former Employee) Orchard Park, NY (US)

ProsSouthtowns campus has a very caring staff and you truly have the opportunity to help students find employment upon graduation. Students get out what they put in, as with anything in life.

ConsWork can get tedious, as with any inside sales role. Hours are difficult as they require late nights a few times a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are doing a good job - make sure you continue to have a "students first" mentality and a results oriented attitude so that success will continue.

Worked for Bryant & Stratton College? Contribute to the Community!