Bryant & Stratton College

Bryant & Stratton College Reviews

Updated Apr 08, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Heading in the right direction now

I have been working at Bryant & Stratton College full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe new CEO is raising the bar for everyone at the college. Overall, the management is focusing on increasing the morale and investing in the employees. There is some work to do but I am confident the new CEO will make it happen.

ConsSome ways of thinking and use of systems are out dated. The good news is that the new leadership is increasing accountability and asking "why". Good things to come.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. Continue listening to the employees and over-communicate. It will take some time to turn things around but I am confident it will happen.

It's ok

Student (Current Employee)
Rochester, NY (US)

I have been working at Bryant & Stratton College full-time for more than a year

ProsIts good for one on one and must of the teachers are willing to help you

Conssome of the programs don't give a lot off support.

Great team approach!

Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee)
Syracuse, NY (US)

I have been working at Bryant & Stratton College as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsEveryone at the college is very focused on what is best for students. They are passionate about education and helping people achieve. Adjunct instructors are made to feel very welcomed and a part of the team. You never feel like an outsider. Class sizes are kept small, which is a great advantage for teachers and students alike.

ConsSometimes the small size of the school means their need for adjuncts is limited. As a result, the number of classes you teach from semester to semester is a bit uncertain.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive teachers a little more freedom to pick the classes they are most interested and comfortable teaching.

Great place to work!

Manager (Current Employee)
Hampton, VA (US)

I have been working at Bryant & Stratton College full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI have worked at state institutions and truly appreciate the one on one opportunity to connect with students. A family atmosphere is cultivated and there is flexibility with schedules. I love the many activities offered which allow interaction with students.

ConsThere are some employees who are simply not happy and take that out on others. Of course anywhere you go there are those whose mission is to cause strife.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to hire those people who make it their mission to change lives of others.

Admissions Representitive

Admissions Representative (Former Employee)
Orchard Park, NY (US)

I worked at Bryant & Stratton College full-time

ProsSouthtowns campus has a very caring staff and you truly have the opportunity to help students find employment upon graduation. Students get out what they put in, as with anything in life.

ConsWork can get tedious, as with any inside sales role. Hours are difficult as they require late nights a few times a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are doing a good job - make sure you continue to have a "students first" mentality and a results oriented attitude so that success will continue.

Currently Employed

I have been working at Bryant & Stratton College full-time for less than a year

ProsMany staff and faculty members have good intentions, want to see the students succeed. Many good ideas to improve policies, procedures, and experiences for the students come up on a regular basis.

ConsEverything is focused on numbers (enrollment numbers, retention numbers). The type of student that is marketed to, and enrolled, contributes to the decline of retention as well as the overall college reputation and experience as a whole. The college tends to be reactive instead of proactive. They are behind the times in many areas but are reluctant to make any change that, while it may bring prosperity and improvement in the long run, may affect the "numbers" in any way. Communication is minimal and recognition for being a dedicated, outstanding worker is abysmal.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees ..... The ones actually working with the students. Recognize those who are doing an exceptional job in various different ways. Be proactive, not reactive. Care about your employees, find ways to boost morale, incorporate better communication. Realize that every staff and faculty member is there to help the organization succeed and plays an important role in the success of the students as well as the college as a whole .... Not just the Admissions department. Pay your staff competitive wages and "merit increases" should be based upon actual work done and contributions made. Truly care about the students that you bring into the school. Once the admissions process is complete, there should be adequate help for them along the path to graduation. On-site child care, on-site counseling, staff who is not over-worked and under-paid to help, coach, guide students throughout their college experience. The college has the potential to be a great place IF the focus shifts from numbers and bodies (Admissions) to students and graduating/careers and what limitations our students have and how to help them overcome obstacles in their way.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Head Math Tutor

Head Math Tutor (Former Employee)
Cleveland, OH (US)

I worked at Bryant & Stratton College part-time for more than a year

ProsThey give you a Flexible schedule, and they are willing to work with your schedule if you are in school.

ConsThey are constantly cutting hours each semester, and have high turnover rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice would be to actually stop cutting positions that help students and reinvest money into creating better resources for students and staffs. There are not many resources that your students can truly take advantage of. There is no alumni network that students can use to increase there chances in securing employment or professional development. There are no relationship with employers who are leaders in their industry. The cost of tuition is not competitive compare to other Colleges and Universities that are your competitors. Students do not have any relationship with any of the other branches of your college. Bryant & Stratton College as a whole has the potential to a leader among colleges and universities.

A great experience to gain further experience with classroom teaching.

I have been working at Bryant & Stratton College

ProsWonderful environment, awesome student population, and real-world content

ConsPay, benefits were minimal at best

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the pay and improve the benefit packages so you can retain employees.

Instructor

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Bryant & Stratton College full-time for more than a year

ProsThe staff is positive and very willing to help

ConsHigh cost for medical benefits

Decent employer, Horrible benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Akron, OH (US)

I worked at Bryant & Stratton College full-time

ProsCo-workers, for the most part, are incredibly supportive and great team atmosphere. Small environment provides opportunity to get to know the students. Everyone genuinely cares about the students' success which makes it enjoyable to come to work everyday.

ConsBenefits are horrible if you aren't in NY area. Way too expensive!!
Not a lot of training. As with any company, can become cliqueish at times.

Worked for Bryant & Stratton College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bryant & Stratton College reviews and ratings. All 25 reviews posted anonymously by Bryant & Stratton College employees.