Brinker

Brinker Reviews

Updated Jul 06, 2014

Brinker Chairman, President, and CEO Doug Brooks

Doug Brooks

Pros
  • Flexible hours during down times(in 5 reviews)

• Compensation, structure, ability to move up and be promoted from within(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours management can treat you like a child(in 6 reviews)

Excellent management and employee support

Server (Former Employee) Ormond Beach, FL (US)

ProsManagers are some of the best in the industry. In confluence with the sincere, caring work environment, it is second to none. Excellent employee training.

ConsHard to get full time as a server. However 30 hours is considered full time in the food industry by many, so that may be why.

Advice to Senior ManagementDelineate side work so that staff is not responsible for designating duties. This would help to ensure equity in designation of side work.

A fabulous culture that's dying...

ProsThere are many nice people and a relaxed work environment.

ConsNew management is trying to make Brinker better but in doing so, they loose what sets Brinker apart. Things aren't the same anymore and every decision that is made seems to make things worse.

Great place to develop career foundations

Marketing Director (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsGreat culture, career developers, many professional connections

ConsSiloed departments, needs more R&D for future growth

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Managing Partner/General Manager (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

ProsLove Chili's. Flexible work hours and schedule. Pay for performance, the bette you do, the better you make.

ConsHealth benefits are sub par. Used to be an industry leader in this, but have fallen way behind.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink 5-10 years ahead. Unemployment will return to the lows it was 5-6 years ago, at which point you will need something to attract talent.

Merciless and completely unsupportive management. No job security for even the most loyal workers.

Takeout/Deliveries (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA (US)

Pros-Occasionally good tips
    - Nice coworkers

Cons- Management will throw any employee "under the bus" and/or terminate them for any minor reason (if you're not randomly on their good side) without any counseling or correction first.
    - Unreasonable work conditions due to firing people without hiring/cross training additional employees to fill the positions.
    - Cannot speak your mind/voice reasonable opinions without repercussions.
    - Management (as well as the employee New Hire booklet) is unknowledgeable of employee rights and laws.
    - Empty promises of cross-training and promotions, cannot ask for any without getting shot down with no explanation. Only put where they want you without given the chance to prove yourself in other areas they still need someone.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry supporting your employees for once. At least give them a chance instead of always siding with every dissatisfied customer you encounter.

A great opportunity to further your career.

Area Sales Manager - Atlanta (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsCompensation, structure, ability to move up and be promoted from within.

ConsHuge company, small budgets, very share holder oriented.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut more stock into employee ability to move intra-company.

Worked for the company for ten years...

Bartender (Former Employee) Denver, CO (US)

ProsI don't have to work there anymore

ConsNew upper management are the same people that destroyed Macaroni Grill (when was the last time yo ate there?)
    All grills have been taken out (it still says grill above the door though... not too honest) and replaced with infared convection microwaves. But staff is trained to LIE to guests about this...SHADY!!!
    Tenured employees are shown the door because they want to "change the culture" every six months
    Bartenders are required to WATERDOWN drinks!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to fast food where you belong!

Great place to work!

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsVery friendly yet professional environment. Most employees have been at the company for long-long time. Says a lot about the company culture.

ConsLow attrition makes it difficult to create new positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat leadership team.

Excellent

Recruiter (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

Prosgreat culture, fun place to work

Consdownsizing, sold brands and jobs were eliminated

Advice to Senior Managementtake care of people

Has gone from "work hard, play hard" to just "work hard". No one "Play's Restaurant" any more.

ProsAlthough there has been a lot of turnover, there are still phenomenal people at Brinker. I very much enjoy working with them every day and moving the business forward.

ConsMore and more of the new people in the company embody the "what have you done for me lately" mentality. While driving for some monthly result, they drive over coworkers. Several months of this sort of behavior has taken its toll, creating more and more of an "us vs. them" attitude. Brinker is losing its family unity.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe focus on listening to the managers and flattening communication with the field has been great. There is no reason that we had to stop doing the same at the Home Office. The Home Office is smaller than ever, yet the casual face-to-face with leadership is at an all-time low.

Worked for Brinker? Contribute to the Community!