BoxTone

Add Photos

BoxTone CEO Alan Snyder

Alan Snyder

Best place to work!

QA Manager (Current Employee)
Mountain View, CA (US)

I have been working at BoxTone full-time for more than a year

ProsBest company ever! Great team, all pro's Very friendly environment.Great place to work!

ConsJust one ..company been aquired by othe rcompany and how it will affect to ..will see.

The BoxTone Family

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at BoxTone full-time for more than a year

ProsBoxTone takes great care of their employees. BoxTone is being Acquired by Good Technology

ConsBoxTone is being Acquired by Good Technology

Great company and people, but strategic direction is muddled

I have been working at BoxTone full-time for more than a year

ProsThere's strong team in place, especially in the development organization. Company allows employees to keep a good work life balance, and management communication is pretty good. Great benefits, good salary.

ConsToo many failed initiatives in 2013, uncertain outlook for 2014. Management team seems to have a problem saying no, committing the company to far too many projects and partnerships. Too dependent on a few partners, weak internal sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus!

Great Place to Work as Information Systems Major

I have been working at BoxTone part-time

ProsGreat Environment, Friendly Employees and flexible scheduling (work from home etc.) More of a Get your work done attitude over "you must be here at all times"

ConsLots of testing. If you like testing you will like this place. There is a very steep learning curve.

Coolest start up software company around.

I have been working at BoxTone

ProsGreat benefits. Competitive pay. The management team actually makes the time to listen to employees, as busy as the management team is. It sounds a little corny, but we're a true team and most of us have strong interdepartmental bonds. It's challenging work. Lots of unbelievably intelligent people. Everyone seems engaged in what they're doing. For the most part, departments communicate effectively. Everyone is very dedicated to their work, but the management, Client Services, and Development teams go above and beyond on a regular basis. Great working environment. Most flexible place I've ever worked. We work hard, but we're a pretty casual, lightheartedl bunch. High morale. Seriously cool company. Watch out world, we're taking over MDM! (That means you, MobileIron, Zenprise, AirWatch, and all the rest if you!)

ConsJust the typical stuff that comes along with working for a start up. If you're hoping to cruise along in a regular 9-5 this place isn't for you. Management demands a lot but rewards follow.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep is in the know. Keep up with the monthly meetings and listening sessions. We appreciate them. Keep up with the personal recognition. It fosters high morale. We know you guys are sacrificing a lot to make us the company we are. Don't forget that we're sacrificing alongside you.

Amazing product, amazing people, amazing management team! I actually look forward to Monday mornings!

I have been working at BoxTone

ProsEvery department is packed with the best people you will ever meet. The marketing team is filled with creativity that astounds people. The CMO has enough energy to power a small city. The client services team are the best I have ever seen. The customers love them. The developers are scary smart. They continue to do things I never thought possible. That department frightens me but in a good way. The sales team is the best! Filled with a bunch of honest people (very uncommon from other places I have been). They genuinely care about each and every customer. They have been blowing past their target numbers with ease. The HR and finance departments bend over backwards for the employees. IT is on top of everything and solves problems quickly. And finally the management team should be called the Dream Team. They truly care about the employees. The CEO goes out of his way to make everyone successful. I love working at BoxTone.

ConsWork can be stressful at times. There is so much to learn it can get overwhelming if you are not prepared. The mobile industry is constantly changing. We produce significant new releases faster than any place I have worked at before. You have to be smart and work hard to make it at BoxTone.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't change anything! You have managed to create this utopian place to work. I worry that it is just a dream and someone will wake me up.

Best Place to Work!

I have been working at BoxTone

ProsBoxTone is a great company, with an amazing product, in a very quickly growing industry. I've never seen so many highly intelligent and passionate people gathered together, working towards the same goal! It's inspiring on both a personal and professional level to come in everyday and witness the dedication and enthusiasm of my coworkers. I completely agree with the reviewer who called this a workplace "utopia"! It's absolutely true!

ConsSometimes working for a smaller company like BoxTone means not having as many resources as you'd like. Fortunately, it doesn't look like we're going to be a small company for much longer!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up, keep listening, and keep us informed! Also, make sure you make good on your promises of on-going training and promotions!

A great company with really great people

I have been working at BoxTone

ProsThe people at BoTone are some of the best you will find. The developers are very innovative, adn build some really awesome stuff. The sales and marketing teams are great, and the Services team is the best there is. Everyone works hard, but has fun. The management team is also very good about taking feedback and will make changes based on feedback from the field.

ConsIts a hectic environment and there is so much to do. It can be a bit stressful at times. But i guess that is to be epected.

Advice to Senior Managementstay the course

BoxTone is a great place to work!

I have been working at BoxTone

ProsThe team is fantastic. Every department at BoxTone has members that are enthusiastic, intelligent and committed to the company and to their colleagues.
Management is committed to providing employees with the resources they need to get the job done. They are genuinely interested in what the employees have to say and consequently they have a great retention rate.
BoxTone delivers quality software and services.
No workplace is perfect, but at BoxTone you get to work with great people in an exciting industry. Works for me.

ConsStaying ahead of a fast moving industry can be stressful.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. Promote from within.

Great place to work! Brilliant people lead by a fantastic management team.

I have been working at BoxTone

ProsYou get to work with a lot of smart people who are highly focused. Everyone seems to get along well and management really respects their employees.

ConsThere are a few people that never listen to anyone and think they are smarter than everyone else. It sometimes feels like no one listens to your suggestions.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to all of your employees, not just a few of them. In general you guys are doing a great job.

Worked for BoxTone? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BoxTone reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for BoxTone CEO Alan Snyder. All 10 reviews are posted anonymously by BoxTone employees.