BoxTone

4.6

BoxTone CEO Alan Snyder
Alan Snyder

Software QA Tester

Pros

Perfect team-work, good connection between QA and Developers, various tools experience.

Cons

Not so many meetings and discussing of further plans for the particular products.

Arrange more meetings and create better plans for the projects, so people now better what to work on.

Best place to work!

Current Employee - QA Manager  in  Mountain View, CA (US)
    Current Employee - QA Manager in Mountain View, CA (US)

Pros

Best company ever! Great team, all pro's Very friendly environment.Great place to work!

Cons

Just one ..company been aquired by othe rcompany and how it will affect to ..will see.

The BoxTone Family

Current Employee - Sales  in  Columbia, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Columbia, MD (US)

Pros

BoxTone takes great care of their employees. BoxTone is being Acquired by Good Technology

Cons

BoxTone is being Acquired by Good Technology

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company and people, but strategic direction is muddled

Pros

There's strong team in place, especially in the development organization. Company allows employees to keep a good work life balance, and management communication is pretty good. Great benefits, good salary.

Cons

Too many failed initiatives in 2013, uncertain outlook for 2014. Management team seems to have a problem saying no, committing the company to far too many projects and partnerships. Too dependent on a few partners, weak internal sales.

Focus!

Great Place to Work as Information Systems Major

Pros

Great Environment, Friendly Employees and flexible scheduling (work from home etc.) More of a Get your work done attitude over "you must be here at all times"

Cons

Lots of testing. If you like testing you will like this place. There is a very steep learning curve.

Coolest start up software company around.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD (US)

Pros

Great benefits. Competitive pay. The management team actually makes the time to listen to employees, as busy as the management team is. It sounds a little corny, but we're a true team and most of us have strong interdepartmental bonds. It's challenging work. Lots of unbelievably intelligent people. Everyone seems engaged in what they're doing. For the most part, departments communicate effectively. Everyone is very dedicated to their work, but the management, Client Services, and Development teams go above and beyond on a regular basis. Great working environment. Most flexible place I've ever worked. We work hard, but we're a pretty casual, lightheartedl bunch. High morale. Seriously cool company. Watch out world, we're taking over MDM! (That means you, MobileIron, Zenprise, AirWatch, and all the rest if you!)

Cons

Just the typical stuff that comes along with working for a start up. If you're hoping to cruise along in a regular 9-5 this place isn't for you. Management demands a lot but rewards follow.

Keep is in the know. Keep up with the monthly meetings and listening sessions. We appreciate them. Keep up with the personal recognition. It fosters high morale. We know you guys are sacrificing a lot to make us the company we are. Don't forget that we're sacrificing alongside you.

Best Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD (US)

Pros

BoxTone is a great company, with an amazing product, in a very quickly growing industry. I've never seen so many highly intelligent and passionate people gathered together, working towards the same goal! It's inspiring on both a personal and professional level to come in everyday and witness the dedication and enthusiasm of my coworkers. I completely agree with the reviewer who called this a workplace "utopia"! It's absolutely true!

Cons

Sometimes working for a smaller company like BoxTone means not having as many resources as you'd like. Fortunately, it doesn't look like we're going to be a small company for much longer!

Keep it up, keep listening, and keep us informed! Also, make sure you make good on your promises of on-going training and promotions!

Amazing product, amazing people, amazing management team! I actually look forward to Monday mornings!

Pros

Every department is packed with the best people you will ever meet. The marketing team is filled with creativity that astounds people. The CMO has enough energy to power a small city. The client services team are the best I have ever seen. The customers love them. The developers are scary smart. They continue to do things I never thought possible. That department frightens me but in a good way. The sales team is the best! Filled with a bunch of honest people (very uncommon from other places I have been). They genuinely care about each and every customer. They have been blowing past their target numbers with ease. The HR and finance departments bend over backwards for the employees. IT is on top of everything and solves problems quickly. And finally the management team should be called the Dream Team. They truly care about the employees. The CEO goes out of his way to make everyone successful. I love working at BoxTone.

Cons

Work can be stressful at times. There is so much to learn it can get overwhelming if you are not prepared. The mobile industry is constantly changing. We produce significant new releases faster than any place I have worked at before. You have to be smart and work hard to make it at BoxTone.

Don't change anything! You have managed to create this utopian place to work. I worry that it is just a dream and someone will wake me up.

A great company with really great people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD (US)

Pros

The people at BoTone are some of the best you will find. The developers are very innovative, adn build some really awesome stuff. The sales and marketing teams are great, and the Services team is the best there is. Everyone works hard, but has fun. The management team is also very good about taking feedback and will make changes based on feedback from the field.

Cons

Its a hectic environment and there is so much to do. It can be a bit stressful at times. But i guess that is to be epected.

stay the course

BoxTone is a great place to work!

Pros

The team is fantastic. Every department at BoxTone has members that are enthusiastic, intelligent and committed to the company and to their colleagues.
    Management is committed to providing employees with the resources they need to get the job done. They are genuinely interested in what the employees have to say and consequently they have a great retention rate.
    BoxTone delivers quality software and services.
    No workplace is perfect, but at BoxTone you get to work with great people in an exciting industry. Works for me.

Cons

Staying ahead of a fast moving industry can be stressful.

Keep doing what you're doing. Promote from within.

Worked for BoxTone? Contribute to the Community!