Boots

Updated 25 January, 2015
3.3

Boots Managing Director Simon Roberts
Simon Roberts

Pros
  • Staff discount was good and always felt appreciated as an employe (in 25 reviews)

• Always had good discount for Boots products and double discount days for staff (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours and not enough FTE mean that quite often the store has long queues (in 11 reviews)

• customer service ethic disappears beyond the application and interview (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

I work in a busy airport store

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in East Anglia, SK
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in East Anglia, SK

I have been working at Boots

Pros

Staff discount is only the only benefit

Cons

Often have reprofiling which does not take into consideration individual circumstances. If staff do not agree to proposed change to hours, they are told they will have to leave. Even if they cannot do the change due to child care needs etc. they have no respect for staff, all they care about is the needs of the business.

Management need to be on the shop floor more, maybe then they would see how disgruntled their employees are. Not one member of staff I work with is happy with their job.

Jan 08, 2015

Thank you for sharing your review. We appreciate your feedback and we will share it further.

Top heavy, wasteful company.

I have been working at Boots full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Quick progression if you are willing to work hard.

Cons

Pharmacy team members can be very clicky and self absorbed. Very wasteful practices regarding show material. Bit slow to embrace change. Not enough staff in medium sized stores.

Need to move on from rows of white shelves. Stop replacing whole cardboard stands when a sticker could update the offers.

Great working at Boots, very friendly team and everyone is always available to help with questions

Former Employee - Customer Assistant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Customer Assistant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Boots part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Really enjoyed the training programme, they showed a genuine care for my learning and development. I started as a customer assistant and was able to be healthcare trained very quickly.

Cons

Difficult working with some angry customers but managers usually take control of the situation, so it was not too bad.

Good management, constantly got new managers in however I liked the fast-paced environment

Jan 26, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed working for Boots.

Great company

I worked at Boots

Pros

Had a nice with both management and staff..very welcoming right from the first day. So i enjoyed my work all thru even though i was just there for the xmas period and was not taken on.
    Not so sure if i would be paid again as i worked a week more before my contract ended..was paid on 19th as payday for workers after working for like 3weeks,but my contract ended 28th..can someone help in this please..a bit confused.

Cons

Had really long queues especially weekends and we were a bit short on weekend staffs..so i had to shuttle btwn stocking shelves and working at the till.
    And alsi standing for hours without even resting until lunch break.

They should have more staffs during weekends and also have list of working periods for staff displayed before the week runs out. Cos i had difficulty in knowing what shift i was on everyday.

Jan 26, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. I advise you to contact your Line Manager to find out more about your pay. We are grateful for all your feedback.

Really Nice company

Former Employee - Christmas Sales Assistant in Letterkenny (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Christmas Sales Assistant in Letterkenny (Ireland)

I worked at Boots as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly people
    Good wages
    Not bad benefits

Cons

Have to be good at retail i.e. be really friendly and happy all the time - not so great for me!

Jan 22, 2015

Thank you for your feedback.

Christmas Customer Assistant

Current Employee - Christmas Customer Assistant
    Current Employee - Christmas Customer Assistant

I have been working at Boots

Pros

Really friendly and approachable colleagues that were genuinely passionate about their job.

Friendly , yet professional management team.

You receive feedback quite often, so if you perform well it is noticed by managers.

Cons

Sometimes it would be slightly disorganised. For example, if you had to take a day off you had to remind the management team several times (and they often forget.)

It would be nice if the rota for upcoming weeks were displayed earlier, or if they can be accessible online by staff members.

Overall though I had a wonderful experience working with some great people. Highly recommend!

Jan 13, 2015

Thank you for your feedback.

Feel good culture that shines through to our people & customers.

Current Employee - Learning and Development in Nottingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Learning and Development in Nottingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Boots full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Ability to move to different departments & locations.
    Work Levels of senerotiy L1-7.
    The feeling of being apart of something huge.
    History & heritage.
    No:1 for customer care
    Good management

Cons

Overall Boots is a great company to work for but I would like to see more training workshops and sessions for our Customer Assistants.

Provide support office employees with a clear PDP to reach the next work level

Jan 12, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you are enjoying your employment with Boots UK. Keep up the great work.

A very optimistic future

Current Employee - Support Office in Nottingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Support Office in Nottingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Boots

Pros

A great company with a brilliant past and future. Good package and benefits. I work with a great team who always strive to be at their best. I would recommend you take a look if you want a challenge and interesting opportunities.

Cons

Long hours and high pressure are the main challenges but other than that I don't have too many issues with my job.

Jan 08, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your employment with Boots.

....

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Boots

Pros

Colleagues are friendly
    discount
    health and beauty knowledge

Cons

Management staff are unsupportive, providing a negative atmosphere
    long days especially at Christmas

Less favouritism in departments, more communication, staff meetings. Regular management training, some managers need to learn to manage their staff properly.

Jan 26, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. Our colleagues and managers alike are essential parts of the success of our business. We appreciate your feedback.