Bombardier Aerospace
www.aerospace.bombardier.com Dorval, Canada

Bombardier Aerospace Reviews

Updated Apr 05, 2014
Bombardier Aerospace – “Bombardier CSeries”

Bombardier Aerospace President & CEO Pierre Beaudoin

Pierre Beaudoin

Pros:
  • "Work life balance is important and is something that is communicated at the highest levels"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Good benefits, very polite environment, proud to be Canadian"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "lack of technical methodologies and basic resources for doing decent engineering work"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Horrible work environment because everybody complaints about someone on a regular basis"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Never a dull moment!

Talent Acquisition Advisor (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON

I worked at Bombardier Aerospace full-time for more than a year

ProsIt's a great company to recruit for. The calibre of people working there are the best I've worked with. The hiring managers were extremely impressive people! Everyone is very proud to be there as was I! Lots of long tenured employees. It's an incredibly interesting place to work!

ConsWith any large company there will always be changes in process. There is process improvement but then there are extremes. If you like routine and are bothered with constant changes in policies and procedures, then this will be an issue. Lots of turnover in Human Resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees there need to take more vacation. There seems to be a very high level of stress and pressure and that can be relieved with more time off. Some employees under a certain pay grade are not entitled to take any vacation days during their first 12 months of employment and I found that to be strange.

Good potential to learn, but has management issues

Materials and Processes Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bombardier Aerospace full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIntegrated team environment helps employees to interact between various functions and learn a lot more. Benefits are good compared to the local marketplace. Good work-life balance.

ConsLack of fairness in management. Dedicated and delivering employees are not appreciated unless you're "friend" with the management. Lots of office politics which is frustrating at times. Difficult to grow even if the performance is beyond expectations. There is always an excuse when it comes to promotion. HR is working for managers only.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe fair to your employees and appreciate and nurture the good work of those who are dedicated.

Good work life balance, but salary below market average

I have been working at Bombardier Aerospace

Pros- work life balance
- international dimension

ConsHR processes are very slow (promotions, lateral moves)

Good company but huge inertia

Process Engineer (Current Employee)
Montreal, QC

I have been working at Bombardier Aerospace full-time for more than a year

ProsNice to have on your cv. Opportunities to work in many different fields. Good work/life balance. Work with cutting edge technologies.

ConsAverage salary, no overtime allowed, Roles & responsibilities not clear. Management doesn't have any accountability. Management challenge every decision from their employee

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employees, they are good.

You need to be smart to make it for a good carreer path

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Bombardier Aerospace full-time

ProsComplex business processes, large implementations and very diversified requirements.

ConsReactive and not a proactive business

Challenging with a good experience handling Suppliers issues

Senior Material Logistics (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON

I worked at Bombardier Aerospace as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGood interaction internally with co-workers
Good approach with vendor management for Suppliers

ConsUnionized environment, culture in a unionized organization

Great company - many great people

I have been working at Bombardier Aerospace full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLarge variety of projects from small business jets to mainline commercial aircraft. Engineering team is qualified and motivated. If (but only if) you take your career in your own hands you can progress quickly.

ConsLack of good communication between business units/departments. Budget constraints prevents many much needed software and hardware upgrades. Company that sometimes is forced to respond to the market rather than leading it so technical innovation is not always put first.

Can Talk the Talk, but can't walk the walk.

Engineering Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bombardier Aerospace full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAfter several years working at BBD here are a few positives: the benefits are great! The company pushes the envelope on work life balance and they work with employees with Flexible schedules.

ConsWhere to begin

1) Lack of foresight and willingness of senior management to listen to employees is crippling the potential greatness of this company
2) Opportunities to envoke change are limited
3) If you are not Canadian French, from Airbus, or have ties with familiy you can only go so high up the ladder (good old boy system of promotion)
4) Salaries are far below comparable positions in the market place
5) Yes man mentaility of management rampant
6) Outside thinking not welcome although they claim it is

I could keep going, but you get the picture!

Advice to Senior Management1) Utilize employees skills to better the company
2) Don't pencil whip the Quality System you push company side
3) Drop the "Our way or the highway" mentality
4) Grab ahold and foster those who push the envelope and challenge the thought process, it is these people that are going to take you back to the top!

Line Manager - Company Review

Line Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Bombardier Aerospace full-time for more than 5 years

ProsOffer good pay and benefits. Have good employee bonus program. Vacation time higher than average. Employees are friendly and easy to get along with.

ConsWeak management; struggle to make decisions which are not influenced by office politics. Expected to work extended hours and weekends. No support from management team.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to make decisions that are not influenced by politics in the workplace.

Not the best place to practice engineering

Engineer (Former Employee)
Dorval, QC

I worked at Bombardier Aerospace full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat health and dental plans. Good working atmosphere between colleagues. A lot of smart and dedicated people.

ConsI left when I found out that the industrial fireman was making more money than me. Engineers were not issued business cards. The company does not place much value on engineering work. They value manufacturing and assembly. Old boys network mentality. I have attended meetings where profanity was used and employees were degraded. Reminded me of industrial workplace in the 50s.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdopt modern management techniques. Let go of old managers. Allow employees to grow both as individuals and employees. Degrading employees does not motivate them.

Worked for Bombardier Aerospace? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bombardier Aerospace reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Bombardier Aerospace CEO Pierre Beaudoin. All 96 reviews are posted anonymously by Bombardier Aerospace employees.