Bleu Marketing Solutions Reviews

14 reviews filtered by
3.2
CEO

1. Great opportunity for go-getters

Former Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Bleu Marketing Solutions full-time

Pros

Many talented and experienced coworkers to learn from. Work with big companies. Freedom to grow and try out different roles.

Cons

Many times design and management teams were short staffed which made fire drill projects stressful. Salary and benefits weren't the most generous.

Advice to Management

Needs bigger creative and management teams for the amount of projects in queue. Better pay and benefits.

Don't do it. Go somewhere else.

I have been working at Bleu Marketing Solutions

Pros

That's a tough one. Nice view from a couple of windows. Walkable neighborhood with good shopping.

Cons

Owner is so old school it's scary. Internal tools are beasts. No strategy or vision for the company. No full time creative director, strategist or digital expert. Senior management distracts, distorts and doesn't blink an eye about lying to staff, clients or potential clients. Teams are separated into 3 buildings which makes working together difficult. Passive aggressive behaviors bypassing direct conversations regarding issues which ignites more chaos. Nightmares are better than this company.

Advice to Management

Hire a general manager and a creative director who have current digital skills and passion. However, if you're not interested in being relevant just keep doing things the same way.

3. Creative Intern - included in multiple aspects of teamwork across the company

Former Intern - Creative Intern in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Intern - Creative Intern in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Bleu Marketing Solutions as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I entered the internship under a creative title, but soon found myself with access to the design, copy, media, and account management floors to saturate myself with as much information as possible. Everyone in the office welcomes curiosity and is happy to answer questions. The exchange of ideas is constant and constructive. My portfolio and self-branding has developed tenfold and I am leaving this internship confident about the future. The atmosphere within the office culture is warm and is extended into after-hour social engagements to celebrate the company's success. If you are a recent graduate or eager to get your foot into the ad agency world, apply here to become self-aware of your professional identity.

Cons

There could be a greater degree of daily office activities if you desire a creative challenge.

Advice to Management

I advise the management to respectfully push boundaries.

5. Overall a great company to work with.

Current Contractor - Web Developer in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Contractor - Web Developer in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Bleu Marketing Solutions as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great projects, plenty of challenges, and understanding team for the most part. I've worked with several of the people that have given negative comments and they wanted personal glory and to sabotage other employees to make themselves look better, not what's best for the end client. So take the negative comments with a grain of salt. If you are honest and sincere about meeting the goals of the client, Bleu is an excellent company.

Cons

Not much to say here, the cons are the same as every business but there really aren't many. We've had a slow time building up an understanding, but that's true of every business.

Don't settle for less.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Bleu Marketing Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They work with big clients.

Cons

Where do I begin? If you're a creative you'll be worked to the bone and be given an extremely LOW salary. ( high budget projects though, where's that money going?)

You'll be placed in a chaotic atmosphere where you'll be given unrealistic deadlines and be expected to stay late.

There's no trust, the owner hired two people dedicated to monitoring every move you make on your computer.

Advice to Management

Be respectful and honest. Pay your employees fairly.

Not worth your blood, sweat and tears. There are way too many agencies in SF to chose from, don't settle for less.

Current Employee - Media in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Media in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Bleu Marketing Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Your peers are generally good people, you get to work on several aspect of media campaigns due to small and nimble teams. Client roster is okay, good way to start in the business

Cons

Main cons would be the exec staff. Concur with all the other negative reviews. Pay, work ethics, not a good resume builder.

Not sure where the 5 stars reviews come from...

Good place to work at.

Current Contractor - Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Current Contractor - Analyst in London, England (UK)

Pros

Good working atmosphere, similar background.

Cons

Could do with a higher salary.

Advice to Management

More office amenities.

A small agency with big clients

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Bleu Marketing Solutions full-time

Pros

Bleu marketing is great if you are relatively inexperienced. With the small company size, everyone gets to work on a variety of projects, build new skills and explore what interests them. Many people have started off as interns and have grown into full-time employees and moved further up the ranks in the field of their choice. All employees do not end up working on one client performing one task over and over.

The client work is varied and challenging. The integrated campaigns pull together strategy, media, print design, digital design, traditional advertising, code development, and analytics that are all produced by a team in-house. Nothing is farmed-out. We own the work.

The location is nice—in a victorian at Union & Fillmore in San Francisco. A lot of shopping, dining and transportation options are right here.

Cons

Being in a small company means everybody interacts with everybody. You can't hide at your desk from the CEO or the other members of your team. Also, the deadlines are tight and the clients are demanding.

Advice to Management

Have more open dialogue with the staff to ease the stress level when the demands are high.

Ditto, avoid at all costs

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Bleu Marketing Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Big clients, nice part of town

Cons

The owner creates a a chaotic and stressful atmosphere which reflects the owner's personality. It's not organized, respectful or efficient and the directives change daily. Checks and balances usually present in business environments do not apply here. You will be miserable unless it's your first job and you don't know any better.

An awesome agency!

Current Intern - Client Services in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Intern - Client Services in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Bleu Marketing Solutions as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

• I work as an intern at Bleu Marketing and I this is why I love this agency. If you want to get involved in interesting projects with big clients it's an excellent choice.

• Bleu's employees are also awesome and it's a pleasure to wake up every morning and work with them. We regularly go out together! This detail shows a certain form of agency culture: we feel involved, we have similar goals and values.

• Bleu's employees are very talented and highly skilled. They have incredible analytical, creative, and oratory skills. As an intern I learn a lot of things with them. I have never felt so positively stimulated at work and it is mainly due to the work atmosphere.

• All these reasons make me want to stay at Bleu because I am deeply convinced that this agency is full of potential, notably thanks to an orientation towards new technologies.

• Since its creation in 2001, the agency keeps growing and this is a sign of its ability to evolve in the splinternet era based on digital content. It is also a sign of quality management. All the departments play an important role in this constant growth, from the design studio to the client services, including the IT and the Business Development departments.

• The agency is located in a peaceful and extremely nice area (Marina/Cow Hollow) where you have plenty of good restaurants, bars and cafes.

• Bleu Marketing is not one of these big agencies where you feel like a cog in a machine. It is a workplace where you constantly interact with your peers, a place where you can really make a difference if you have big ideas and strong motivation. I definitely recommend this agency.

Cons

• Interns are only paid with bus clippers. It shouldn't be like that because San Francisco is a very expensive city. But you know, for interns it's almost everywhere like that now...

Advice to Management

Focus on digital marketing and social integration. It's an evolution that shouldn't be missed!