Best Buy

3.3 5,405 reviews

Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly

Hubert Joly

(1,664 ratings)

Pros
  • Finally the employee discount is one of the best I have ever seen or heard of(in 681 reviews)

• Most of the people know what they are talking about and fun to work with(in 108 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance only exists under quality General Management which is rare(in 165 reviews)

• The pay was low, even for full time employees that have been there for a long time(in 163 reviews)

5,405 Employee Reviews

It was a great learning experience.

Best Buy Sales Associate (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsThe managers were great, and so were the employees. The discount was incredible. I learned a lot from the job. We were also paid for training.

ConsI think it had more to do with the fact that I was new and only 17 when I started, I found it was a bit cliquey. We also had to stay at least half an hour later after closing, which kinda sucked when finishing so late at night.

Advice to Senior ManagementI guess my advice would be to try and make it easier for the new employees by making them feel more welcome.

good for students

Prosfriendly staff, fun job, you learn a lot

Consscheduling is usually an issue.

Great

Best Buy Sales Associate (Current Employee) Woodbridge, ON

Pros- Great environment
    - Easy job
    - Time-off Policies
    - Work-life balance

Cons- Raises aren't that great.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

lots to learn, u gain nice experience

Prosfair ground to explore and learn at this place

Consno commission at the work place, it should be on commission

Cashier. Sales Representative

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Vancouver, BC

ProsLong breaks, Great discounts on merchandise. You do gain a lot of knowledge and gain a lot of information on the newest technology coming out. Great people working with you.

ConsHorrible work environment (not professional). The company is dishonest in all its warranties and the return policies. They might treat there staff well pay wise, but for all the complaints you receive face to face, and the resentment given to you because you were in the wrong place at the wrong time is unbearable. And the worse part is you know your the wrong one in the situation. what the customer is saying is right you agree, "yes you have every right to get angry"

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a hint from never once receiving a Compliment from a customer and make some changes. Realize that your primary reliably on customer loyalty is all you have in this day in age....

A great place to work for people looking for a challenging and fun experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosyou meet some amazing people working at best buy. you will learn and grow and interact with many different individuals. In the realm of every growing technology the training they provide is a big help

Conslow pay. management expect to much out of employees for sub par compensation.
    pressure to reach sales goals overlooks being understanding with certain employees.

Great place to work, educate customer and educate oneself

Internet Specialist (Former Employee) Winnipeg, MB

ProsCareer advancement, LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES WHILE WORKING WITH THEM

ConsTHE SALARY WAS NOT VERY GOOD, I HAD TO TAKE UP ANOTHER SECOND JOB TO SUPPLEMENT

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up Good work

good

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Leamington, ON

Prospay was good very good

Conshours bad, very very bad

As a co-up , I work on the media and gaming department. What I did enjoy working there , help out customers.

Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) Richmond Hill, ON

ProsGood employee and great employers.
    Free lunch on black Friday
    Very realaxing while pricing movies

ConsGets boarding
    Some rude employee
    They never pick there phone while calling in sick

Advice to Senior ManagementBe really enthusiastic
    Work really hard to impress the employer
    Have retail experipence in your resume
    Have very nice word in your resume
    Must be awear of technologies

I loved Best Buy!

Sales, Inventory, Mobile Manager (Current Employee) Calgary, AB

ProsGreat pay- structured environment, co-operate outlike ( good and bad ). Lots of room to move up to a certain level. Lots of options to change career focus if you so choose

ConsYou are who you know and politics play a big role in this company

Advice to Senior ManagementI loved all my managers, Rob Montgomery, Isha, Nial etc from Calgary so no cons here

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!