Banner Health

Be The First To
Add Photos

Banner Health President and CEO Peter S. Fine

Peter S. Fine

Pros
  • multiple locations, large system, good benefits, good pay, opportunity for advancement(in 16 reviews)

• Everyone helped each other to maintain excellent patient care(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • patient care that, but it does not trickle down from direct care providers(in 15 reviews)

• High expectations and little support from upper management(in 10 reviews)

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

BigCorporateHealthCare its all about the money honey

Clinical Management (Former Employee) Greeley, CO (US)

ProsNice local staff, ok salaries

ConsTyrants running the show at headquarters in AZ. Unbelievable. Turnover is huge, and they are walking RN's out, increasing ratio's, hiring non clinical staff and foreign nurses to fill spaces to save money. Was told AZ hates RN's, they are offering 10K sign on bonuses in AZ for RN's but are being blackballed by the RN's there because of there reputation. Yeah there quality numbers look good, but I question data. Don't care about employee's, your lucky to have a job. Benefits suck, tell you they pay for school and they employer match, and then tell you after they hire you that it takes a year. Its tuff out there, but stay clear, they are creating an artificial RN shortage so they can justify cheap foregin nurses. Gross. Run RN's!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are top heavy. Read the book flattening the pyramid, or lean out your fat cat corporate office. When I saw clinical people being layed off for "optimization" and you are flying corporate people to arizona for christimas parties? Have some integrity, get rid of the chronic employee abusers. I think you have more lawyers than clinical people, think your going to need them. See how your patient satisfaction scores look after people can't understand their nurses. Really the absolute worst. Shame on you. Its like the 70's fat cat club at headquarters. UNIONIZE RN'S!

I love what I do and I have a wonderful team to work with.

Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) Greeley, CO (US)

ProsMy immediate manager is a great person, a good therapist and is in touch with his staff, he trusts his staff and is supportive. Upper management has shown good efforts to listen and respond to staff input.

ConsHealthcare is changing and reimbursement is changing, cutting costs is rough at times and not always done in pretty ways.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep your decisions/plans as transparent as possible and share this with staff on all levels so we can support those decisions at the base and work together.

Lazy and Inept Senior Management

PBO (Former Employee) Greeley, CO (US)

ProsSome people are genuinely nice and helpful.

ConsEither you support whatever senior management wants (drink the koolaid) or you will be the odd man out and severely berated unfairly. If you are "too efficient" that is considered a ding. People are overworked and underpaid, under valued and you have to be a "Yes" person to survive. Banner fancies itself the "final word" beware.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe fair--a new concept and appreciate your people rather than run them ragged. Get a new wig.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place!

Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) Greeley, CO (US)

ProsGreat communication among the staff.

ConsThere are not any cons to this job that I have encountered.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Banner used to be a great place to work

Medical Sonographer (Current Employee) Greeley, CO (US)

ProsBaner seems to keep up with salary compensation
    They have a nice mission and vision statement

ConsIt seems that the mission and vision statements are simply that
    Banner Health shows little respect for their employees

Big corporation with big problems.

Network Analyst (Former Employee) Greeley, CO (US)

ProsIt used to be the people until the corporation took over. The medical plan is expensive but it's great coverage. They have an onsite gym and cafe. They have an onsite coffee shop that sells gourmet coffee. The facilities are well kept and constantly being updated which is typical in hospitals.

ConsIn Greeley it's all about who you know, not what you know. There are some real bad directors that should be removed. The pay grades aren't consistent across the regions. People in AZ are promoted and paid a lot more. The Greeley IT Directors make up role summaries to fit their friends. They set the bar very high and require nice to have qualifications. The AZ IT staff gets praised and promoted for jobs well done not for passing a Microsoft test.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house. Create lines of communication between the AZ HR and Colorado employees. Complaints don't make it to AZ. The locals all watch out for each other and look the other way at bad management skills.

Worked for Banner Health? Contribute to the Community!