Baldor Specialty Foods

Michael Muzyk

great co-workers, uninviting managers

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Collector
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Collector

I worked at Baldor Specialty Foods full-time (less than an year)

Pros

on-site parking, great benefits (profit sharing), typical 9-5
    co-workers are very friendly and helpful
    no real dress code, jeans and sneakers are fine
    free company gym

Cons

accounts receivable turnover is very high. i was made aware of this during the hiring process, but was told it was due to the difficult nature of the job, which i do not necessarily believe to be the case.
    0 training whatsoever, you kind of get tossed in there. the one manager for the entire department, who i'm sure is a great person outside of work, is extremely poor at training new hires. very authoritarian, very little patience, and generally just off-putting and condescending which can be a lot to take in as a new employee. again, no formal training class, so unless you have previous accounts receivable experience, be prepared to have your brain in 100% learning mode.
    you will CONSTANTLY be busy, which isn't a bad thing. however, the pay is not adequate, and there is no incentive (read bonus/commissions) to perform well.

accounts receivable collectors should at least go through a one/two week training class that familiarizes them w/ the system, as well as what is expected of them. the work really isn't that difficult... in fact its quite easy once the expectations are understood. consider adding incentives for hitting goals like calls made, accounts cured, etc.

Baldor is a company that doesn't treat their employees with respect and decency.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY (US)

I worked at Baldor Specialty Foods full-time

Pros

None at all. It's a depressing environment , the morale is depressing and the jargon is similar to a visit at your local county jail.

Cons

Working for human resources I constantly heard my superiors and other heads of departments speaking badly of employees that they would appear to be helping. The hypocrisy isn't worth the pay. You're better off keeping your integrity and finding work elsewhere.

No advice at all. They don't care for the rights or lives of human beings.

Bad work experience, Accounts Receivable has a high turnover, Gossip

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable in Bronx, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivable in Bronx, NY (US)

I worked at Baldor Specialty Foods full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I am pleased that I am no longer employed at Baldor. I now understand how people feel when they are released from prison. The best thing about this company was making my final exit.

Cons

The Accounts Receivable Department has an extremely high turnover due to poor Management- many quit, many get fired before probation. Lunch is 1/2 hour, low pay, raises are a joke. If they do not like BEWARE (they may be trying to fire you behind-the-scenes). If you have recently been hired good luck you'll need it.

Poor Management is costly; until this is realized the AR department will have to continuously recruit new people.

great family feel, hard work for real men

I worked at Baldor Specialty Foods

Pros

my dad worked there so i got alot of respect from ppl lol, maybe not earned but who cares

Cons

worked the fridge so it was very cold all the time lol

keep up the good work