Baldor Electric Reviews

Baldor Electric President & CEO Ronald Tucker
Ronald Tucker

Great Long-Term Employer

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Finding employees at Baldor with over 40+ years is easy. Upper management is in tune with everything going on and they want to be involved. Benefits are great and you get that "family" work feeling that is hard to find. Salaries are higher than most in the Fort Smith area.

Cons

Starting vacation time is lower than most companies, but it's a small price to pay for solid employment at a superb company.

Stable Company, Great People, Opportunity

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

If you were to walk into any Baldor facility, it would not take you long to run into an employee who has been here over 10 years. In most of our facilities, you'd likely run into many employees with 20, 30 or 40 years of service. That sounds hard to believe but it is very true. Baldor promotes a great culture where employees are encouraged to work as a team to make the company more successful. And then the company offers money back to employees who contribute to that success through profit sharing. There are many job opportunities available within the company and programs like our educational reimbursement program that help employees reach that next goal. The culture, the people and the company's focus on continuous improvement make Baldor a great place to work and I'm proud to be a part of it!

Cons

I believe that everything we do can and should be improved. With that said, there are some processes currently in place that could be more automated. Manual processes take a lot of unnecessary time away from other productivity.

Overall Good Experience

Current Employee - Production  in  Fort Smith, AR (US)
    Current Employee - Production in Fort Smith, AR (US)

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good salary, good experience with fellow employees, and good steady work with no lay-offs.

Cons

The company has had a change in company values concerning departments relocating due to lower cost labor. Also, I was denied a promotion that was awarded to me.

Allow employees to be promoted and not to be kept in the same department/area because the employee shows greater work ethic than others in the department.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It isn't what is used to be!

Current Employee - Production Supervisor  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The pros of being an employee used to be the longevity, integrity, and devotion of the corporate officers towards their plant employees. But this has changed and not for the best.

Cons

Having knowledge isn't what management wants in their new hires. If you are an employee with seniority and you earned a degree, you will be told you do not have experience. Then you are asked to resign, or you are terminated. I have personally seen over thirty long time employees terminated upon completion of a degree.

Good company. Worked there for almost 10 years.

Former Employee - slitting line operator  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Former Employee - slitting line operator in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I worked at Baldor Electric full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Benefits, profit sharing, above average pay. Stability, fair. Very safety conscious.

Cons

Management afraid to act on problem causing people. Needed air conditioning.

Give some kind of incentive to those that work harder. One has limited reasons to put out more production.

Got terminated related to FMLA

Former Employee - Machinist  in  Kings Mountain, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Machinist in Kings Mountain, NC (US)

I worked at Baldor Electric full-time for more than a year

Pros

Loved the job I was performing.

Cons

Management overlooked other people with issues while I was trying to the right thing by my family and lost my job because of it.

You need to investigate your plant management in Kings Mountain, NC.

management problems, bad temp to hire policy

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Westville, OK (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westville, OK (US)

I worked at Baldor Electric full-time for less than a year

Pros

clean work environment, decent facility

Cons

management has a basic lack of understanding scheduling, manning and tooling. they also lack people management skills. takes a year or longer to go from temp to full time hire, pay for a temp is marginal. lots of overtime due to poor scheduling. no basic knowledge of parts per hour or other basic industrial production. temps get treated very poorly by management (temps are easily replaceable therefore they are not considered any kind of asset regardless of their knowledge and experience). they also don't care if a temp gets hurt on the job.

start from scratch with your management team. revise your temp to hire policy. stop the good old boy way of thinking. the company could be very successful with the right leadership but will only make due until things change.

good company but.....

Current Employee - Machine Operator  in  Ozark, AR (US)
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Ozark, AR (US)

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good equipment, clean work environment, stable work, company has stuck to no layoff policy in past

Cons

takes years to get on day shift, and work too many weekends during summer to keep up even though machines and building stations are just sitting and not being ran for entire shifts during the week.

people need 2 nights a week at home with family. Schedule overtime to keep areas fully staffed during the week, don't let machines, building stations sit unused and then have to work Saturday to make up.

good company but.....

Current Employee - Machine Operator  in  Ozark, AR (US)
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Ozark, AR (US)

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good equipment, stable employment, they stand by their no layoff policy no matter how economy and demand is.

Cons

takes years to get on day shift, too many weekends during summer.

schedule more overtime during the week and keep machines running and building stations staffed on all three shift. Employees should have 2 nights off on the weekend to spend with family.

Baldor is a good company to get started but not long term

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer  in  Flowery Branch, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Flowery Branch, GA (US)

I have been working at Baldor Electric full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good culture, benefits, good benefits

Cons

Compensation low and not much room for growth

Worked for Baldor Electric? Contribute to the Community!