BB&T

BB&T Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

BB&T Chairman & CEO Kelly S. King

Kelly S. King

Pros
  • This bank pays better than any other and you get an incredible work/life balance(in 25 reviews)

• They have very good benefits and opportunities for advancement(in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • Little room for advancement but it is there(in 12 reviews)

• no room for advancement, sales goals that are met are never appreciated(in 17 reviews)

OK place to work

Personal Banker II (Former Employee) Boca Raton, FL (US)

ProsThe products that they provide to customers work well for being a conservative bank. They have a very intuitive training program and they really want you to learn their company values and what they provide to their clients. Benefits are pretty good also.

ConsCompensation is not up to par for what you are demanded of. When they moved into South Florida, I don't think they did a good job of transitioning into that market. They try to force client's to their values and if the client doesn't like it, it's like they didn't care. Also there was really no support for their employees. Upper management is terrible when it comes down to getting support to the front line workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more flexibility to the branches. Allow the managers to be able to make the right decisions for their clients and not jump through hoops to do the right thing.

Great Employees

Relationship Teller (Current Employee) Clearwater, FL (US)

ProsGreat training, good banking experience, great atmosphere

ConsWork to hard for minimum pay, short staff, no overtime. Too demanding on sales, not good commission.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to hire more staff for branches. Need to care more about peoples need instead of caring about sales.

A once great company and is imploding from within

@ Work Officer (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people but they are leaving as fast as they can

ConsNo room for advancement
    Focus is not on job well done but numbers/ revenue only

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to John Allison's way of thinking .....the current way is obviously not working

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stressful, a lot of change, no work life balance

ProsFlexible time, good leaders who communicate well.

ConsSales Officers don't adhere to rules

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee retention should be a top priority.

A good and profit driven bank.

ProsGreat benefits; excellent pay. Excellent training program.

ConsCulture has changed. Much less focus on valuing people -- customers and employees.

teller supervisor

Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) Ashburn, VA (US)

Prosgood pay, good benefits, pay is ok

Conscant move up , doesn't give you a chance to prove yourself

Advice to Senior Managementyou should allow your employees to prove them self and not assume they cant do something and
    be quick to judge them.

RUN!

Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) Wilmington, NC (US)

ProsBenefits, Co-workers, Vacation time, birthday's off

ConsManagement, personal growth, pay, always short staffed

Advice to Senior ManagementPromoting from with-in the company, better pay, better management starting with the CEO and working down. John Allison was a much better CEO and cared about the clients and the associates.

Relationship banker II

Relationship Banker II (Current Employee) Wytheville, VA (US)

ProsBeing able to help people achieve economic success and financial security

ConsCan sometimes seem overwhelming with the work load

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. It's worked since 1872!

Great place to be and great benefits

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Winston-Salem, NC (US)

ProsThis is a company that is very profitable but has unfortunate suffered at the hands of government regulations. Regardless, it is very well managed and continues to thrive in even a down economy. The people are very nice, great work atmosphere, great opportunities to advance, pay is good, and the training is excellent.

ConsFor those on the lower end of the corporate ladder, advancement is difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within and provide necessary training, rather than hiring experienced outside people. I understand why you do it that way, but foster a culture where employees truly grow within BB&T.

Rewarding hard work.

Relationship Teller (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL (US)

ProsGood pay. Good hours. Paid holidays off. Good benefits.

ConsShort staffing makes it difficult to make personal plans. A bit outdated systems.

Advice to Senior ManagementLove working for the bank. Dislike the computer system.

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!