Avon Products

Avon Products Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Avon Products CEO Sheri S. McCoy

Sheri S. McCoy

Pros
  • The people are great to work with and the company is very good with work life balance (in 31 reviews)

• Freedom to work from home as needed (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is poor to non-existent, depending on who you work for (in 20 reviews)

• Upper Management doesn't believe in a proactive method to turn North America around (in 27 reviews)

More Highlights

Avon cares about their employees inspite of all their internal challenges

Assistant Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Montreal, QC

ProsOpen to changes, appreciate employees

ConsSlower response time due to size, not on par with competitors in terms of technology and market responsiveness

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining, new hires to bring in new ideas and incorporate more current processes

Great opportunity. Good company to work for

District Sales Manager (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsFlexibility, work from own home office, nice perks. Inspiring women to work with. Great skills acquired while at this job. Very rewarding when you can attain the goals.

ConsRecruiting goals often super hard to achieve. Not enough recruiting support from home office. Cold call recruiting very low brow. Unethical recruiting tactics. Some favoritism in upper management. Division managers need more continuous training for relationship skills
    Extremely stressful when goals are unattainable.you are only as good as your last two weeks.

Advice to Senior ManagementProspecting tactics pushed on managers are not working. You will never attain the growth needed with current recruiting tactics. The company needs to take a stand. For women's rights, fix the animal testing issues. I don't think anyone seems to realize this is a huge source of north America's lost business. Take a stronger social media presence. Get innovative and get loud. Present something to stand for. Don't hire actresses like Megan fox who have had so much surgery it doesn't represent true beauty.

not full time job

Avon Representative (Current Employee)

Prosflexible hours, good for stay at home parent.

Conscommission is low, emphasis on recruitment

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to employee;s comcerns

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Rep

ProsStart right away no experience needed only costs $10
    Freedom to work when you want and the hours that you want.

Consit takes time to build a business. not an overnight money maker

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your reps, they are the ones making the company money

Best MLM Co. I've ever worked with.

Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Brampton, ON

ProsProducts, service and pay is good

ConsDoing my own deliveries or having someone else do it for me.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave direct shipping to my customers.

i like the products and prices, but i hated having to prepay with my own money for delivery

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proshelpful, friendly, good prices, prompt, cheap startup

Consprepayment required, clothes matronly more often, funny smell to some items

Advice to Senior Managementmoney should be given to avon once rep receives money from customers

I chose to leave this employment for a variety of reasons - I would not choose to return to employment at this company.

District Sales Manager (Former Employee) Winnipeg, MB

ProsThere were commonly business trips to exotic locations. Mixing business with pleasure was a definite plus.

ConsThe Division Sales Management Team was overly focused on numbers and less focused on Company morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would highly recommend a company focus that returns to Representative relationships.

avon products

Sales Person (Current Employee) Nanaimo, BC

Prosproducts are consistantly just average

Consitems ordered are not available too often

Good company to start but not to grow if you want to move into management.

Ex-employee (Former Employee) Montreal, QC

ProsPension plan, employee perks, flexible lower management

ConsSalary increases are hard to come by, growth potential very limited, people are not promoted on merit and abilities but who you know. Education and certification are not recognized. The Rep's we support are ignored and not supported they are the heart and soul of the company without them we would have no revenue. Business model is outdated and needs to be revamped. Company should focus on making products locally and not entirely in China.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet local country's be autonomous and sell what the local market dictates stop giving into shareholders demands and re-invest into company and not upper managment which seems to be growing leaving more work piled upon the real workers who are the heart of the company.

declined in company structure and code over years experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Montreal, QC

ProsThe company has a long history, is stable and the products outstanding. The company provides opportunty for wmen in developing countries .

ConsThe company moved away from Divisional offices an that created huge tax implications for anyone who does not live in Quebec

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to cater to developing nations with good products and opportunties , however exit interviews should be done for all employees

Worked for Avon Products? Contribute to the Community!