Avis Budget Group

Avis Budget Group Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Avis Budget Group CEO Ron Nelson

Ron Nelson

Pros
  • Good benefits including sick days and paid vacation (in 16 reviews)

• It's a Union location and there is great benefits because of the Union (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does NOT listen or care about the workforce (in 23 reviews)

• long hours with no overtime, bad weather means flight delays (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

Choose ABG and you'll be happy you did (I should've quit "the other guys" sooner, I'm happy I finally did)

Service Agent, Detail Agent (Current Employee) Portland, OR (US)

ProsMany others say---as a company---that they always consider their people before their profit margin, or even say that production quality is more important than quantity. After working here for four weeks, it appears to me that the safety and satisfaction of employees and customers are actually the first consideration of Avis Budget Group. I have also witnessed (as Service Agent and Detail Agent) that quality always trumps quantity. It is a pleasure to work with people who enjoy coming to work and who don't bemoan either the day's new challenges or the month's old routines. I like working at ABG and plan to stay here for years.

ConsThere is a language barrier with most of my co-workers. I like that there are so many different cultures working in one place, but at times it can be a challenge to make myself understood/understand them.

Advice to Senior ManagementLose the ugly rubber floor mats! Sure, it saves the company hundreds of dollars per car when it comes time to sell but "the other guys" cars look nicer. The mats definitely lower ABG's "curb appeal".

Glad I joined the team

Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) Knoxville, TN (US)

ProsI enjoy the work. The team with which I work is open and ready to lend a hand or to help learn the processes. When mistakes are made, they first let the person know that he isn't the first one to have erred, and then they give good advice on what to do the next time. Most of all, I like the fast-pace work and working with people with whom I have much in common.

ConsCould have better pay scale

Research....Research...Research I researched what Avis had to offer as far careers, advancement, pay and benefits.

PSR (Current Employee) Cheektowaga, NY (US)

ProsInterview process was specific and to the point. As was the title and description of the positions available at the time of the interview.Co-workers are welcoming.Management is reachable. Benefits great !!! I am learning a lot ! Full time hours and offer overtime hours.

ConsNot all co workers are mature or respectful of other co workers or customers. Some co workers have disgusting habits...Managment takes care of it if they see it or hear it.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease get new equipment for Rovers to use to more efficiently serve customers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good experience

Pros401K and Employee stock purchase plan

Conssome areas are overly loaded with work

A great bunch of people

ProsA great bunch of people, made me feel comfortable on the first day. Always someone there to lend a helping hand.
    Pete M

ConsWeather
    Drive in
    Bad access roads
    Ugly vests
    Weather

Advice to Senior ManagementSmile more!!

Avis Budget Group coworkers have been fun and knowledgeable; they made me feel like a member of the team from day one.

Dispatcher (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN (US)

ProsI chose to work for ABG because of the value placed on quality customer service, as well as the challenge of the Dispatcher position. There are many opportunities/career paths within ABG, and good work is recognized and appreciated here. 401(k) has a 100% company match on the first 6% of your income after one year of service. Unused sick days are paid out at the end of the year

ConsWhile the benefits are very good, the pay is fairly low. The computer system is antiquated and unnecessarily complicated when performing the simplest of tasks.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice would be to consider updating the computer system.

Great company to work for with many options to advance

ProsBenefits, people, pay, environment, car, bonus,

ConsPumping gas, hours, lengthy interview process

It's clear that Avis Budget has an initiative to have new people write reviews.

Manager (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsCompany car, Health insurance, Vision, Dental, 401K, a paycheck, ability to pay some of my bills.

ConsFirst, I'd like to address the sudden rash of 4 and 5 star reviews over the last 6-10 months, Hello? It's clear that either HR or upper-management are soliciting these posts from newer employees. I think it will be interesting to see what these employees have to say after a year of work. I am going to guess that the reviews won't be filled with sunshine and butterflies like they are now.
    This is a horrible company for which to work. They will suck the life out of you and then spit you out. You are not a person to them, but a resource, a number on a P&L, that's it.

The offer a lot of overtime . Very friendly employees.

Service Agent (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsPlenty of overtime ... a lot of work to be done moving and cleaning cars and vans etc.

ConsThe weather changes everyday very cold at night.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere seems to be lack of instruction for customers who return cars at night. No person on hand to instruct the customers regarding parking and billing.

Salary lacking & business practices questionable.

RSA (Former Employee)

ProsOffer non traditional hours for those needing that type of schedule. Physical work environment comfortable.

ConsSales practices promoted often cross ethical lines. Pay is poor which is probably what leads to the questionable sales ethics.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep an eye out on the practices of your operating units. It really was a surprise to see a reputable company undertake the practices I witnessed. Not sure if the sales practices promoted at my site are rampant but sales tactics supported by some managers are not ethical. I witnessed business practices that I would not call "sales" but a great example of "always read the fine print" of what you sign.

Worked for Avis Budget Group? Contribute to the Community!