Autonomy

Autonomy Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Autonomy SVP & General Manager Robert Youngjohns

Robert Youngjohns

Pros
  • Free breakfast Wednesday, free lunch Friday(in 33 reviews)

• Nice office space and free lunch on Fridays but thats about it-(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has a HUGE disconnect between their employees(in 19 reviews)

• Hiring staff was difficult as senior management would only approve a new hire if they came from a university that was acceptable to them(in 18 reviews)

Terrible

Sales Engineer (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsPeople from companies acquired by Autonomy are descent people.

ConsHorrible management philosophy. Treat employees like crap.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo HP management...clean house!

Autonomy after HP aquisition

Account Executive (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsSalary and Business card good medical plan

ConsUnrealistic sales goals. Lack of Corporate direction and message.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop focusing on the number of meetings. Focus on getting better quality meetings.

Nice Technology Company

ProsFull of smart people. Young Company. Good benefits

ConsNot very transparent. Long working hours. Management not responsive

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The blind leading the blind

Sales Director (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsI met very smart and very loyal fellow workers who were honest and hard working.

ConsI met ruthless and unpleasant management who were dishonest and incompetent at their jobs. Some of whom should be in prison for the robbery that was the sale to HP.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are not the smartest people in the room. Listen to your employees. Respect work life balance. Manage collaboratively and not through intimidation.

A great place to work for some, but not what I signed up for

Technical Consultant (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

Pros- good work life balance
    - excellent project managers from HP recently brought in
    - stable career
    - good line managers

Cons- There was not a Christmas party this year - the norm before the takeover was for the company to hire a jet, fly us out and put us up in a 5* hotel for the weekend.
    - Free Friday lunch has been cancelled
    - pigeon holed into learning about technologies which are likely to be torn apart and rebuilt over the coming years
    - salary increases are fairly non existent
    - some of the technology is fairly dated.

Advice to Senior Management- create a graduate scheme with clear learning objectives and cash incentives to stay for X years.
    -hire UI developers to create a cross platform easily configurable UI for IDOL

Seriously bad managemt

ProsHp is hopeful that Autonomy software will help software sales. With global restructuring and Autonomy getting rid of terrible lack luster management they might have a chance.

ConsClean house Hp. Just bad management all the way up. Bully tactics and lie lie lie ..,hp needs to really pay attention. Really good people walk out because of management and there's always an excuse made.

Advice to Senior ManagementEither learn your job or go find another one. I have never seen more incompetence at on company.

no change = no improvement!

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

Pros* Good environment to learn office politics.
    * Some solutions are good, but built on legacy software that was leading edge at one time

ConsIn APAC:

* Lipstick on the pig! - since HP has taken over Autonomy nothing has really changed except quotas have doubled blindly with no understanding of long term delivery or market trends.

* All they give is Obama style motivational speeches and no action!

* You are constantly beaten every day with unrealistic pressure at every turn because HP is trying to recouporate their money back!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet realistic and focus on people! They are the only REAL asset you have.

Role in Legal Department? AVOID! Do not be fooled, this is NOT HP!

Legal Counsel (Former Employee) Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Pros-*Technically* you are working for HP...
    -Interesting technology
    -Cambridge is a nice city

Cons-...but actually you are *not* working for HP: if HP is a massive tanker, Autonomy is a pan loosely tied to it with a thin rope, following the acquisition.
    -Even following the acquisition over 2 years ago, Autonomy feels and functions as a completely unrelated company, which is causing terrible bureaucracy.
    -A lot of talk from HP management about how Autonomy's procedures and processes are not synched with those at HP (which makes everything chaotic), yet no one at HP really wants the responsibility to do anything about it, as they know its a mess and will take years to sort out.
    -Pay, benefits, etc are Autonomy levels not HP.
    -State of Legal department in Cambridge is terrible: All lawyers left within past year, including the Head of Legal who left in October 2013. Currently only 2 people but for how long! Everyone is overworked, while HP Legal are not helping.

Law suit waiting to happen - Stay away from this place.

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsFree breakfast on Wednesday and lunch on Fridays.

ConsIf you are a great worker with great talents you will not be recognize for your ideas, hard work or any accomplishments if you are not one of the "favorites". Management is a joke no clue of their management duties. No advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementHP needs to step in before this company brings you down.

Waste of time

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsThere were a few good people, starting pay out of college was great

ConsThere were many people there who just filled up seats and didn't do much. New ideas are squashed. Many contracts were signed for millions of dollars selling products that do not exist or that actually do nothing. No work-life balance, there is only work and it is your life.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourselves

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!