AutoNation Reviews

Updated 29 September, 2014
3.6

AutoNation Chairman and CEO Mike Jackson
Mike Jackson

Pros
  • Also, the opportunities for advancement and promotability (in 8 reviews)

• Autonation Toyota provides a great work environment (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • We do work long hours; however that is to be expected in the Automotive Industry (in 19 reviews)

• Change the pay plan to screw the salespeople (even more (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Sales  in  Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I have been working at AutoNation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Close knit group of employees, great managers

Cons

Hours can be long, not very much walk-in traffic

Absolutely Amazing!!

Current Employee - Human Resource Recruiter  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Human Resource Recruiter in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at AutoNation full-time for more than a year

Pros

I would recommend taking a job at AutoNation. I would say the most important would have to be the quality of the team - both coworkers and leadership. I had the pleasure of working with individuals that I learned from, and more importantly, looked up to. Everyone was more than willing to help each other, step in for one another when needed, and share ideas. The support of the team I came into was beyond more than I had ever seen in a company. My management at AN was supportive, encouraging, and talented beyond words. They took the time to guide, teach, and grow each and every one of their employees. The company does a great job of training and developing.

Cons

I have no Cons about working at AutoNation.

Career growth with a Fortune 200 company!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at AutoNation full-time

Pros

A clear career path with a fortune 200 company! Plenty of training opportunities with opportunities for advancement!

Cons

A very fast paced environment. One must like the pace or can get overwhelmed. I love the challenge and like it that I never really know what way my day will go!

Don't overlook your support staff! Sometimes your talent is internal .

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The best decision I ever made was accepting a postion at AutoNation - Region Texas.

Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at AutoNation full-time for more than a year

Pros

The list goes on and on of why I would recommend taking a job at AutoNation. I would say the most important would have to be the quality of the team - both coworkers and leadership. I had the pleasure of working with individuals that I learned from, and more importantly, looked up to. Everyone was more than willing to help each other, step in for one another when needed, and share ideas. The quality of the team I came into was greater than I had ever seen in a company. My management at AN was supportive, encouraging, and talented beyond words. They took the time to guide, teach, and grow each and every one of their employees. The company does a great job of training and developing. They truly take pride in their staff and know that they are the backbone of the company. AutoNation has a way of blending the perks of a large, Fortune 200 company (resources, training, career growth opportunities, benefits, accountability), and the feel of a family owned business (company culture, teamwork, care for their employees, meaningful coaching/talent reviews). I consider my time with this company the most beneficial in my career growth!!

Cons

I don't really have any cons - I had an overall, wonderful experience at AutoNation.

A great company that continues to grow!

I have been working at AutoNation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Hard work is recognized and rewarded. Because of the scale, there are many opportunities for advancement. AutoNation truly believes in transparency and delivering a great customer experience.

Cons

No cons to working at AutoNation, I have been very happy I chose to join this great organization.

Great team environment with a go above and beyond attitude!

I have been working at AutoNation full-time

Pros

Friendly faces, knowledgable caring management team. Competetive pay with company perks such as discounts on purchases / parts / cellular services & theme parks. Career advancement programs and opportunities. Exceptional training. Very afordable benefits. Great products. Value the assocaite's opinions and suggestions for any changes that would better the company. Lunch provided on Saturdays. Able to still enjoy my family with a suitable work schedule.

Cons

None, I have a nothing but great things to say about this company they have treated me with the utmost respect and provided me a job that I look forwarded to coming to everyday!

Autonation Ford Katy- Best Dealership I've worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Katy, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX (US)

I have been working at AutoNation full-time for more than a year

Pros

The staff here is friendly and welcoming. Through working at this dealership I have noticed that with hard work and dedication there are great opportunities for promotions and growing with the company. The managers are fair and knowledgable and willing to help train and guide newcombers in the right direction. When working here you will enjoy the perks of the newly renovated beautiful facilities and the nice location of the dealership. The area here is booming, therefore business keeps rising. Everyone here seems to love their job so everyone is always friendly and happy!

Cons

There is nothing really major to complain about this dealership other than the lack of employee parking space. I believe once all the construction is completed though there should be more space.

good company

I have been working at AutoNation full-time

Pros

the people who I work with are GREAT

Cons

benefits are getting tough but that is the industry standard. not much you can do to help with the new health care reform.

Great company with incredible opportunity for advancement!

I have been working at AutoNation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people, exciting and fast paced work environment, lots of advancement opportunities and opportunities to increase compensation. Wonderful place to work where you have the opportunity to be in control of your own destiny and make an impact. Offer extensive training and have great leadership who work to make their associates successful. Very comprehensive benefits plan that is great for a family!

Cons

No cons, great company full of great people and opportunity!

Awesome Company to work for, they are focused on two important things, #1 Employees #2 Customers

Current Employee - Chad Jones  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Chad Jones in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at AutoNation full-time for more than a year

Pros

great working atmosphere of team work, plenty of training and support to do your job right, 5 day work week, great benefits, Medical, Dental, 401K and paid vacations

Cons

sometimes we work late, but it is always to help a customer, other than that it is a very healthy productive work environment

keep pushing us to be the best company to work for in the U.S.

AutoNation Photos

Worked for AutoNation? Contribute to the Community!