Asurion

Updated 8 November, 2014
Updated 8 November, 2014
3.2

Kevin Taweel

Pros
  • I will not leave the company nor change it for no reason did I mention I can work from home (in 29 reviews)

• Pretty good work-life balance, but you have to manage this yourself (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance, external training opportunities or ability to go to conferences (in 25 reviews)

• No work life balance - bu t they don't pretend to have any either, so at least they are transparent (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

14 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Customer service rep

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Asurion full-time (more than an year)

Pros

School accommodation, good location, health screenings

Cons

Childish managers, rules are always changing at the last minute

Quit

Great Company to Work For

Former Employee - Care Solutions Team in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Care Solutions Team in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Asurion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Available, consistnet overtime for most lines of business, benefits package is awesome. Most agents can choose to go home after 3 months of meeting certain metrics. Its a great job that allows for growth and promotes to most all higher phone positions from within. Pay raises are quite decent, especially when moving to another department Monthly bonuses based on performance are great!

Cons

Schedule changes every 6 months and your ranking to choose is based on metrics. Dependent on how your scores, you may have a very undesirable shift. Not many cons unless you don't do your job.

Constantly learning new lines of business but no pay increase for new knowledge/duties that are expected to be performed

I have been working at Asurion full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best reasons to work at Asurion is that you become very familiar with the people in your office and you get full benefits. Making friends at work is always a plus if you are not from Texas as I am not. I look forward to sharing and receiving advise from my co-workers about how to improve in certain areas. The team that you are on begins to feel like a family. Therefore, this helps you to have the support you need to do your job to the best of your ability. The benefits are great. You have full coverage of dental and health insurance and the pick of how much life insurance that will be suitable for you.

Cons

The challenges of working for Asurion is that there is no vacation time/ sick leave time. What is available is PTO (Paid Time Off) which is based on the number of accumulated hours that you have worked over a period of time. Also, there is VTO (Voluntary Time Off) which means if there is acceptable staffing levels which permit you to leave early you can, but with no pay. Within this company you may start off with one line of business. However, at some point in time you will be given a very short notice that you will be learning a new line of business and be expected to perform at high levels. This is frustrating due to the fact that once you get the hang of one line of business and all of its ins and outs, you must make sure that you are providing accurate information to the other lines of businesses with the hopes of not getting confused on the information that you need to provide. Also, you have goals that need to be met (AHT: Average Handle Time, NPS: Net Promoter Score and GRE: Quality Scores). This employer expects you to be fast, promote their survey and to make sure you are hitting important points on each call. This must be done in able to obtain a bonus. However, the goals have a particular metric that you need to meet and or be above or below in order to get your bonus. The metrics's change often. Needless to say, you can barely reach your goal.

Last, the supervisors and upper management seem to not be on the same page as the employees, customers and the lines of business that they (The company) work close with. The employees mostly have great ideas and would like for things to run a lot smoother while working with our customers. The lines of business have representatives that seem to give incorrect/ little to no information to the customers which causes a blame game. The supervisors and upper management are overly concerned with goals and metrics and seem to care less on how we can work together as a site to communicate with all parties that we partner with, to see what needs to be done to effectively cater to not only the customers needs but also the needs of the employees etc ( having site conferences on what works and what doesn't with each line of business).

Asurion Response

Nov 14, 2014Asurion Glassdoor Team

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear you enjoy your team and find our benefits valuable. We encourage you to discuss your concerns about time off and performance goals with your ... More

I love asurion but they are not very flexible especially for people with families

Current Employee - Escalations Specialist in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Escalations Specialist in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Asurion full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love interacting with the customers and all of my co-workers. They are always doing something fun on-site to keep employees involved and morale up. Even at home they email out games and team building exercises to keep morale up. Training was simple may need a bit more but it is a call center and things are ever changing so I kind of understand it is hard to teach everything in training...Besides you learn a lot more once you hit the phones. You get PTO and VTO depending on call volumes however VTO is not forces like some companies. Business casual/ casual dress. Some supervisors have their favorites and some should not be supervisors but you do have those supervisors that are awesome at their job

Cons

Trying to get a schedule change to accommodate things that go on in your life is like pulling teeth. Especially if you have a family that is not really taken into consideration but hey I guess its all based on business needs.

Be a little more flexible with schedule changes and keep up the good work with boosting morale.

Asurion Response

Sep 26, 2014Asurion Glassdoor Team

Thank you for your response. We love to hear that you are so happy with your position and enjoying different activities with your team. We encourage you to continue working with your leaders to ... More

Rethink Houston site Leadership

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Asurion full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My paycheck was always on time
    they have some great employees, but lack of true leadership--- Bad management make good employees do bad

Cons

lack of knowledge on senior leadership team
    coaching and development of operations supervisor are little to none
    glass ceiling, all the operations managers are more concerned with praising one another with no acknowledgement of the operations supervisors or their teams
    a multitude of inexperienced operations supervisors, only promoted because of personal relationships, not on value added or experience level (just because you are a good agent, doesn't mean you are a good supervisor

Reevaluate senior leadership on Houston site

Its an ok work envrionment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Asurion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great benefits, start of salary is good if in school or have a baby to go to, attendance policy i feel is great as well, bonus are available every month as long as you meet ur monthly metrics.

Cons

too many calls when less people are working.. supervisors have lots of favoritism

*award more when metrics are met not just say what the rep is doing wrong..
    *close sundays if devices get shipped till monday

It was great

Former Employee - Release Coordinator in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Release Coordinator in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Asurion full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My schedule allowed to attend to school.

Cons

Worked an On Call schedule

Find a solution for between shift gaps

Company is focused on the company but will tell you differently.

I have been working at Asurion full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work space for each individual is larger than many call centers. Incentives offered for performance are good and have just been increased.

Cons

Support for individual customer service representatives is lacking in most of the supervisors. I have had over six supervisors in 18 months and only two offered any real assistance or feedback. Most just spend your Coaching and Development sessions repeating printed materials over and over. Quality reviews are questionable at best.

Quality reviews are inconsistent and based on the prejudices of the individual reviewer and this is a major aspect that needs to be addressed. It has become known not to question quality reviews or reprisals will follow.

Avoid if you can

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Asurion full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good paycheck, Benefits, Perks
    Supervisors are approachable

Cons

Call volume
    Customer complaints
    Low Pay
    Promotion comes with a catch

Decent Place to Work

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Asurion full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Management definitely cares but sometimes lacks the ability to execute. A lot of young leaders at mid-level positions who need a lot of guidance.

Cons

The technology infrastructure has some significant opportunities. Systems experience significant latency and/or functionality issues on a near daily basis.