Arrow Electronics

Arrow Electronics Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Arrow Electronics President, CEO, and Director Mike Long

Mike Long

Pros
  • Some management willing to work with the employees to find a work life balance (in 9 reviews)

• Good compensation, independent work environment, challenging and satisfying work (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • I will not recommend this company to anyone I care about because there is nothing called work-life balance in Arrow (in 6 reviews)

• Upper management places no more value on their employees than they would a copy machine (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

used to be an excellent company to work for. Not anymore.

FAE (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

Prossolid salary and bonus options

Consdistribution market drastically changed in recent years.

Horrible MANAGAMENT !! 2014 Great inside sales teams !

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON

Pros- Inside Sales teams are honest people but management will not be transparent to employees

Cons- Secretive Management that does not value the true potential of their employees.
    - Allow misbehavior and unprofessional manners of managers.
    - Very negative atmosphere with Vendors
     - Will not value you, will destroy your career and will not let you advance in the company.. BEWARE! and think twice!

Advice to Senior Management- We all know that you called your managers to fire two per department in order to salvage the financial crisis of the company. I question how HR did not evaluate the lay-offs with Managers.. you should now worry of the remaining employees that are thinking everyday why very good employees were asked to leave from one day to another for no reason!

Senior Management Hates its employees

ProsGreat team, open work environment. Dynamic work environment.

ConsTop down driven company. All direction comes from Denver. Internally focused in the extreme. Lofty sales goals seem to be unattainable even in best of market conditions.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey wouldn't take it anyway.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Manager

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) Halifax, NS

ProsLocal Halifax office has a great management team - very open, communicative and willing to support their teams. Could not ask for an easier work environment. This is a B2B role - engaging with professional business clients. Interesting technologies, variety of suppliers and opportunities.

ConsCorporate leadership has taken a very negative turn since 2010; focus is completely on the new Denver head-office with limited opportunities in regional locations. Employees have taken numerous hits to benefits and incentive plans with minimal impact to the executive.

Advice to Senior ManagementLimited opportunity unless you are willing to relocate to Denver, CO.

Excellent work experience, with varied and challenging responsibilities

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsGood compensation, independent work environment, challenging and satisfying work. Excellent mamnagement, and the company cares about people, recognizing that people do make a difference. This leads to competitive advantage, which adds to growth and success.

ConsThe macro environment in this industry is changing, causing the company to have to change with it. It is a very competitive, tough environment now, where excellence callot be rewarded as well as before. Not the company's fault, it is just that the industry is changing.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is doing a great job managing change and balancing success, profit and staff. I would not know how to do it better.

Sales and Marketing Rep

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON

ProsThe people are wonderful, decent pay, decent benefits but not worth the hell you will go thru.

ConsManagement is abusive. Moral in past five years has gone from great to unbearable. Everyone wants out but all long term employees are so unhappy that they are waiting for their packages. Rumours are they are closing this branch on the electronics side. Computer side is great family Atomsphere because they are run by good management. It really is a shame that the management has done this to a wonderful branch/company...not the same as the old Steve Kaufman days when it truly was a family.

Advice to Senior ManagementFrom the top down, need to change. Worst management team I have ever encountered in my life....corrupt. Listen to the people....they are telling you the truth. Take action before it is too late. You already are a joke in the industry thanks to the last 5 years of corrupt management.

Decent job, but the culture is changing and jobs are moving..

Accounts Specialist (Current Employee) Halifax, NS

ProsDecent money, good hours, good experience for other sales jobs

ConsSince the company moved the corporate office to Denver there's a lot of senior people being laid off and replaced by less experiences people that they are paying less

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company changes directions every couple of years, would be nice to have clear cut goals and stick with them

Arrow's Field sales position is allows to build excellent experience in channel management.

Field Sales (Current Employee) Montreal, QC

ProsCompany with breath of opportunities and excellent management team. Room for personal initiatives and leadership.

ConsTypical slowness of large company, Canada report to the USA with minimal impact.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow for more rapid execution around on good ideas, have a better defined career plan for top contributors.

Good experience, slow moving internally

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsThe people are great to work with, everyone is willing to give career or business advice. Very conservative atmosphere keeps the workplace professional. Fast-paced industry provides a lot of different opportunities.

ConsExtremely slow moving with promotions, senior leadership has zero work-life balance but a lot of managers and directors fight for it for their teams. Very behind in technology for employees, investing in the wrong places - extremely externally focused with spending.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote work-life balance, invest in employees

Arrow, receiving

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood people, easy work, Mon-Fri.

ConsMandatory overtime, lots of it

Worked for Arrow Electronics? Contribute to the Community!