Argosy University

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Craig Swenson

Admissions

Assistant Director of Admissions (Current Employee) Alameda, CA (US)

ProsManager was a great leader

ConsMy commute was very short

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Lots of micro.

Admissions Representative (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsGood Money for little pay.

ConsLots of micro managing, its so sad.

Some Opportunities, but limited growth

Admissions Representative (Former Employee)

ProsI loved helping students get into school. I loved my co - workers they were always helpful.

ConsSome challenges would be prospects/leads (not enough). Sometimes you could spend the whole day calling and no one answers or bad phone number. Also, there were no innovative ideas coming from the direct manager or the regional manager. Also the company is going through some financial loss.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management would be to think outside of the box. Learn new and innovative ideas to share with your staff. Go to trainings outside of Argosy or the EDMC company to get better ideas on how to run the business. Also, you should spend more money on radio and television advertisement. There is a lot of competition and you have to stand out, especially when you offer the same programs as any other university. The prospect will naturally choose the school that is more known. You have a lot to offer however, people just need to know who you are.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No room for growth.

Academic Advisor (Current Employee)

ProsPayroll is consistent and employees get along.

ConsAll HR duties are outsourced. Pay freeze for the last 4 years and when it was lifted, they did not notify the staff of their annual increase which was less than 2%. There are annual lay-off's in January and July so you never know if you next on the chopping block and they would prefer to hire outside people then promote from within. Medical benefits doubled in the last year and construction companies (where you can have a limb chopped off with more liability) have cheaper coverage than a university...

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement can only do what corporate allows them to do which is minimal. Its best to work with functional departments to ensure efforts are not duplicated and promoting from within improves employee morale.

Good but...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people and everyone is always helpful.

ConsMore classes are moving online so less and less opportunity for teaching face to face. Plus the requirements for part time employees have increased to the same level as full time faculty.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people on as full time faculty and provide more face to face classes for students.

Pleasant positive work environment

Admissions Representative (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsExcellent benefits package, with reasonable time off accommodations. The compensation is fairly decent and the location is beautiful. Work schedule is nice schedule with alternating Saturdays among team and there are plenty of training opportunities for employees.

ConsHigh stress for employees to achieve somewhat unrealistic goals and not all management is open or receptive to ideas on how to improve and change. Those who do present any opposition are met with negative consequences. Advancement seems to be more on who you know and not who the most qualified is.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more management training and leadership opportunities for current employees and be bigger on promoting current staff to positions within the company.

A company on difficult times.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFor the most part, people are dedicated, knowledgeable and extremely hard working. Campus personnel go through great lengths with limited resources to meet students' needs.

ConsThe company is struggling financially. There is a lot of fear of being laid off which creates a lot of stress and has people constantly looking over their shoulder or trying to read between the lines to see if they are "next." Constant sweeping changes also create a lot of stress and panic, making life very difficult for employees.

Argosy University

Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

ProsEducation benefits, good location, training

ConsLeadership is lacking, Very cut throat

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to market to the correct polulation and pick your managers better

This was a great experience everyone was very helpful.

Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL (US)

ProsGreat school I enjoyed writing competencies.

ConsI would have liked to have been on staff instead of contracted.

Horrible Company

Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsFree coffee, regulated office temperature.

ConsThis place is a sweatshop. Your phone is on autodial all day while managers listen to your calls to make sure you don't go off script. The school is not a credible university. The graduation rate is very low and the student debt load is very high. High pressure sales environment masquerading as admission counseling.

Advice to Senior ManagementBusiness model is predatory and needs a complete overhaul.

Worked for Argosy University? Contribute to the Community!