Arby's
www.arbys.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

Arby's Reviews

Updated Apr 18, 2014

Paul Brown

Pros:
  • "Flexible schedules, discounts on food while working"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Flexible hours for high school/ college students"
    in 12 reviews
Cons:
  • "EVERYTHING except paperwork is put onto crew members, who get paid minimum wage"
    in 16 reviews
  • "Long hours minimum of 50 per week"
    in 11 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

ok

ProsLearn communication, organizational skills

ConsCompany culture, long time standing , wage is not that high

I am not thinking Arby's

Calgary, AB

I have been working at Arby's

ProsGood food. The owner of the franchise allowed us to eat whatever we wanted. This is of course because no benefits are given.

ConsTraining was not sufficiently given to the owner. He had no idea what he was doing and the franchise allowed him to do whatever he wanted only because he was paying a franchise fee. Training was not sufficiently given and even if given, it really doesn't help to train the people to re-fry fries and leaving salads for more than 24 hours. No benefits are offered either. It is just one of the worst franchises to work for. It seems that the franchise do not really care about their name.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet yourself trained before you train others. Really check up on quality control as well.

Crew Member

I have been working at Arby's

ProsThe boss love to get good raises and the co- workers are awesome. I love that u can advance fast. And u do can get the best u can at this job.

ConsIt take a year to get a raise. Its hard to get where u want. Managers like to always be on point and are not respectable but overall a good place to work

Advice to Senior ManagementWould like better pay but overall experience is great

okay but fun i liked it

Owner (Current Employee)
Racine, WI (US)

I have been working at Arby's full-time for more than a year

Prosit was nice and it is clean

Consnone really i think that it is worthwhile

Advice to Senior Managementit was friendly and i would consider paying more to employees

I've never worked of a company where is was so hard to get a raise.

Cashier/Cook (Current Employee)
Prattville, AL (US)

I have been working at Arby's part-time

Prossome of the people I work with are nice and our regular customer love to come in and talk to us or joke around with us

ConsGetting your evaluation and not getting a raise because its based on what other people are doing or not doing. So If the store Im working in has people that are not being productive then that reflects on me and there is nothing I can do outside of talking to that person or persons and if they still don't change it affects my pay check.

Advice to Senior Managementwork on promoting your current employees instead of hiring outside help

Minimum wage job

Shift Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Arby's full-time for more than a year

ProsIdeal for college students or as an in-between job. Depending on where you work, you might be entitled to a discounted meal. Easy learning curve. Potential for maximizing hours if you simply do you work properly.

ConsManagement styles are typically the same. Many times you'll face hypocritical/unethical managers (make sure to report them). The tasks are tedious and boring at times. You'll feel over-worked and underpaid most of the time. Don't make this a career choice unless you have no other options.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees fairly. Don't pick favorites. Avoid unethical management styles or you could face termination. I should know - I reported my unethical manager and he was soon under investigation.

Great pay, perks, nice environment, lots of office politics

Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Arby's full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPay and perks (VIP box, shows, discounts to theme parks).

ConsExtremely political. Get in good with people by watching the same tv shows and caring about their vacations.

Advice to Senior ManagementLoosen up.

good first job

Cashier (Former Employee)
Las Vegas, NV (US)

I worked at Arby's part-time for more than a year

ProsThere really arent any. This was a part time job for me to save extra money. However, the employees who were there trying to support themselves were left with a paycheck that could barely pay for car insurance because of the hours.

Consnot very accomadating with schedule, but only give 20 - 24 hours a weekWhat is that all about? How can you support yourself on that?

it was a good experience. i e njoyed it thoroughtly

I have been working at Arby's full-time for more than a year

Prosit is intersting that i got to work the cashier even with no experience

Consit was bad that the upper management didnt know what they were doing sometimes

Advice to Senior Managementit was okay

My experience at Arby's was very satisfying

Team Member (Former Employee)
Vancouver, WA (US)

I worked at Arby's full-time for more than a year

ProsYou get exceptional experience in working at a fast paced fast food restaurant. I really enjoyed working the backline, I liked making the sandwiches.

ConsI would say the cons would be that you would have to have a lot of patience when working their very fast paced drive thru, and I must have been very good at it because I was always put there.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A.

Worked for Arby's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arby's reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Arby's CEO Paul Brown . All 239 reviews are posted anonymously by Arby's employees.