AppleOne

AppleOne Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd

Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros
  • It's a very fun, fast-paced environment, where every day is different(in 5 reviews)

• Great place to come to in the event that you are in between work(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • they will not tell you if a temp-to-hire position will become permanent or if you are about to get laid off(in 5 reviews)

• Low base salary, even if you are hired as a recruiter you are forced into sales at one time or another(in 5 reviews)

Great place

Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsTimely Pay, flexible account managers

ConsUnable to connect with account Managers easily.

I am grateful for the experience, but did not feel valued or properly compensated for my work.

Office Coordinator (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC

ProsI was able to gain experience to find another administrative job. In the time I was there, I streamlined some of the processes to save time and allow me to take on new projects.

ConsThere was so much turnover during the short time I was there, it was hard for anyone to get a real handle on the accounts. My manager wanted to move me from Office Coordinator to Recruiter so I covered for someone when they were on holiday. I never made the actual move to recruiter because I had to move to another city. The manager never paid out my commissions.

Very driven

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMotivated and driven staff looking for new opportunities for job seekers

ConsHighly competitive sometimes too much drama

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disappointing

Recruiter (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsGood peer working relationships, friendly people, some degree of flexibility, decent tools available, strong brand identity in the marketplace.

ConsManagement is more focused on transactions than relationships. Management also routinely oversold the strength of the company's client relationships and the strength of their business developers. There's a lot of sizzle but no steak, from an earnings perspective.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with potential employees on the way in as well as on the way out. You're supposed to be recruitment experts but you do a dismal job of recruiting your own staff.

Never had a decent job with this agency

Forklift Operator (Former Employee) Brampton, ON

ProsMany if you're in the administrative, supervisory, or other technical field.

ConsIdiot interviewers who know nothing about forklifts and think they're right about what little they know. One guy asked if I'm certified on forklifts, I said yes. He asked, "Is that the red one?"

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people who KNOW what they're talking about. The staffing industry is full of these 'office workers' who are recruiting for warehouse/logistics positions. It's insulting to the vast majority of people who actually work in these positions to be interviewed and screened by people who aren't qualified to do so.

DataEntryCler

Dataentry (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC

ProsThe employment program is for temporary job assignments.

ConsThe agency takes pay cuts.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease don't take so much off of the wages.

Appleone

Prosget jobs fairly quick and staff tries hard to get you positions

Consthey don't always have positions in the field you want

Advice to Senior Managementbetter structure of balancing workload to employees no favorites

I enjoyed working for them.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Memphis, TN (US)

ProsThe representatives are great at keeping in touch with their clients.

ConsThere were no challenges so far.

Staff is professional, seems positive about everything, but no job! i finally registered with a different agency KIMCO

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAppleone, seem to be looking for work for me, but i dont understand why other people are gettng jobs. So I registerd with a different agency. I got a job the next day! KIMCO in San bernardino, 3 minutes from them.

ConsCON CON CON CON CON

Advice to Senior ManagementSome one is not doing their job, and when i find out how to get a hold of someone in the corporate office.. I do want to make a comment on your job searching skill, very questionable to me. But I GOT A JOB NOW! THANKS KIMCO IN SAN BERNARDINO.

Awesome opportunity with an awesome company, Corelogic Credco.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) San Dimas, CA (US)

ProsI received a job assignment within two days of interviewing with AppleOne.
    Providing me an opportunity to work with Corelogic Credco for 2 years.

ConsNot much communication with employment agents.

Worked for AppleOne? Contribute to the Community!