AppleOne

Updated 25 September, 2014
3.5

AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd
Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros
  • Great place to come to in the event that you are in between work (in 6 reviews)

• It's fast-paced, with high turnover, regardless of what agency you work for (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • they will not tell you if a temp-to-hire position will become permanent or if you are about to get laid off (in 5 reviews)

• Low base salary, even if you are hired as a recruiter you are forced into sales at one time or another (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place

Former Employee - Customer Services Representative  in  Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Customer Services Representative in Toronto, ON

I worked at AppleOne full-time

Pros

Timely Pay, flexible account managers

Cons

Unable to connect with account Managers easily.

I am grateful for the experience, but did not feel valued or properly compensated for my work.

Current Employee - Office Coordinator  in  Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at AppleOne full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was able to gain experience to find another administrative job. In the time I was there, I streamlined some of the processes to save time and allow me to take on new projects.

Cons

There was so much turnover during the short time I was there, it was hard for anyone to get a real handle on the accounts. My manager wanted to move me from Office Coordinator to Recruiter so I covered for someone when they were on holiday. I never made the actual move to recruiter because I had to move to another city. The manager never paid out my commissions.

Very driven

I worked at AppleOne

Pros

Motivated and driven staff looking for new opportunities for job seekers

Cons

Highly competitive sometimes too much drama

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disappointing

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON

I worked at AppleOne full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good peer working relationships, friendly people, some degree of flexibility, decent tools available, strong brand identity in the marketplace.

Cons

Management is more focused on transactions than relationships. Management also routinely oversold the strength of the company's client relationships and the strength of their business developers. There's a lot of sizzle but no steak, from an earnings perspective.

Be honest with potential employees on the way in as well as on the way out. You're supposed to be recruitment experts but you do a dismal job of recruiting your own staff.

Never had a decent job with this agency

Former Employee - Forklift Operator  in  Brampton, ON
    Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Brampton, ON

I worked at AppleOne full-time for more than a year

Pros

Many if you're in the administrative, supervisory, or other technical field.

Cons

Idiot interviewers who know nothing about forklifts and think they're right about what little they know. One guy asked if I'm certified on forklifts, I said yes. He asked, "Is that the red one?"

Hire people who KNOW what they're talking about. The staffing industry is full of these 'office workers' who are recruiting for warehouse/logistics positions. It's insulting to the vast majority of people who actually work in these positions to be interviewed and screened by people who aren't qualified to do so.

DataEntryCler

Current Employee - Dataentry  in  Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Dataentry in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at AppleOne

Pros

The employment program is for temporary job assignments.

Cons

The agency takes pay cuts.

Please don't take so much off of the wages.

Amazing company to work for with plenty of room to grow within the company.

Former Employee - Educational Service Administrator Specialist  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Educational Service Administrator Specialist in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at AppleOne full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Room for growth. The CEO and majority of the management team are awesome to work with and take the time to provide additional training for you to succeed.

Cons

Some departments were unorganized and did not work well together due to personality clashes.

Keep doing a great job!

I have been given many great opportunities to work with great organizations.

Current Employee - Office Administrator  in  Westwood, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Office Administrator in Westwood, CA (US)

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

You're able to have a greater selection of reputable companies to choose from.

Cons

You may not get the opportunity to work consistently depending on employers needs.

If candidates are unable to complete an assignment due to a medical situation out of their control, I suggest instead of holding it against the candidate, to have a wider selection of available candidates for immediate placement at employer.

they don't take applicant seriously

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  San Antonio, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Antonio, TX (US)

I worked at AppleOne full-time for less than a year

Pros

fast to get back to you for an interview

Cons

dont know what they are doing

old management was good when Heather was there

A Nasty Temp Agency!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at AppleOne as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

If they like you aka if the agency likes you you might get treated nicely. Its like sheep in wolves clothing

Cons

To Whom It may concern:

I have to say that appleone has to be one of the rudest temp agency I have ever seen in my life. I have been to two different appleones and they have been very nasty. A temp agency is suppose to help you find employment if you qualify. My background is 8+ years old and I have not had the time nor the money to expunge it. I'm human and we make mistake. I am a hard worker and I have 3 children to support. I don't want to request for government assistance but I may have to go that route. I left a stable job thinking that I would be at the assignment permanently, but low in behold weeks later I'm told not to come in due to my background that should have been ran weeks before my assignment. Which I thought she had done. I don't qualify for unemployment. I had attitude from day one from the agent to the secretary. When I went to another office I had attitude there so that must go hand and hand with appleone. When I returned there call I had an attitude with the agent whom called me "Well I see a lot of resumes....so who are you" For the love of goodness you called me. Then the secretary told me to disregard the call if I wasn't left a voice mail When I explain my situation she told me to give her a call when I take care of that (nasty). Why on earth would I come back. OK Anyway if you want to deal with rude people, whom treat you like the dirt under their shoe no matter what your background is then Appleone is for you!

Tell your agents that we are human beings and that every person should be respected no matter what and to have some empathy .

Worked for AppleOne? Contribute to the Community!