AppleOne

Updated 24 October, 2014
3.4

AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd
Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros
  • Great place to come to in the event that you are in between work (in 6 reviews)

• It's fast-paced, with high turnover, regardless of what agency you work for (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • they will not tell you if a temp-to-hire position will become permanent or if you are about to get laid off (in 5 reviews)

• Temp work pays the bills but looking for a full time employment (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place

Former Employee - Customer Services Representative in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Customer Services Representative in Toronto, ON

I worked at AppleOne full-time

Pros

Timely Pay, flexible account managers

Cons

Unable to connect with account Managers easily.

I am grateful for the experience, but did not feel valued or properly compensated for my work.

Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at AppleOne full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I was able to gain experience to find another administrative job. In the time I was there, I streamlined some of the processes to save time and allow me to take on new projects.

Cons

There was so much turnover during the short time I was there, it was hard for anyone to get a real handle on the accounts. My manager wanted to move me from Office Coordinator to Recruiter so I covered for someone when they were on holiday. I never made the actual move to recruiter because I had to move to another city. The manager never paid out my commissions.

Very driven

I worked at AppleOne

Pros

Motivated and driven staff looking for new opportunities for job seekers

Cons

Highly competitive sometimes too much drama

Disappointing

Former Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON

I worked at AppleOne full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good peer working relationships, friendly people, some degree of flexibility, decent tools available, strong brand identity in the marketplace.

Cons

Management is more focused on transactions than relationships. Management also routinely oversold the strength of the company's client relationships and the strength of their business developers. There's a lot of sizzle but no steak, from an earnings perspective.

Be honest with potential employees on the way in as well as on the way out. You're supposed to be recruitment experts but you do a dismal job of recruiting your own staff.

Never had a decent job with this agency

Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Brampton, ON
    Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Brampton, ON

I worked at AppleOne full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Many if you're in the administrative, supervisory, or other technical field.

Cons

Idiot interviewers who know nothing about forklifts and think they're right about what little they know. One guy asked if I'm certified on forklifts, I said yes. He asked, "Is that the red one?"

Hire people who KNOW what they're talking about. The staffing industry is full of these 'office workers' who are recruiting for warehouse/logistics positions. It's insulting to the vast majority of people who actually work in these positions to be interviewed and screened by people who aren't qualified to do so.

DataEntryCler

Current Employee - Dataentry in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Dataentry in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at AppleOne

Pros

The employment program is for temporary job assignments.

Cons

The agency takes pay cuts.

Please don't take so much off of the wages.

Excellent company, very professional atmosphere to work in.

Current Employee - Pharmaceutical Specialist in Columbia, SC (US)
    Current Employee - Pharmaceutical Specialist in Columbia, SC (US)

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great assignments, awesome work schedules.

Cons

You have to dedicate yourself to work long hours.

Keep up the great work. Communication is definitely the key, and Appleone communicates with their employees via email as well as verbally very well.

Stressful

Former Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at AppleOne full-time

Pros

You do get paid on time

Cons

No work life balance and long hours in the office and then again at home pulling down resumes and talking to candidates/clients after hours. This is a churn and burn environment.

Be more realistic as to what the job really entails, have them meet with current recruiters individually to get the real picture of expectations.

Apple One was a lot more helpful in the 90s...

Current Employee - Accounts Payable Accounts Receivable in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable Accounts Receivable in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

It's great to work with this type of recruiter, because they know where all the jobs are. I couldn't possibly reach out to as many contacts on my own.

Cons

Assignments are presented whether they exist or not. Meaning-you may waste half a day and your best suit on an empty promise. In addition, temp-to-hire usually means "temp"

Switch and Bate

Former Employee - Account Executive in Newark, DE (US)
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Newark, DE (US)

I worked at AppleOne full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I found no "pros" working at Appleone

Cons

Hired as a Staffing Manager, then 6 months into the job was forced to be an Account Manager and my salary was cut by $7,000 per year. For someone like myself who has been in the staffing industry, this was a "slap in the face". If I had known this was going to happen, I would have never left the job. Appleone was so focused on an applicants previous employment history, aka "Sales", they lost a "major" client/account and didn't give the attention that was needed to sustain the account but instead, kept the focus on "Sales". I would not recommend Appleone to anyone. The practices need to be reviewed. I immediately left the company after I was "demonted" in a sense. How can a company be successful with such high turnaround of their own employees? It sounds like there is no lesser of 2 evils when it comes to various Appleone offices in different states, they're all the same. Going to an Appleone office is a "waste of time".