AppleOne

Updated 18 September, 2014
3.6

AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd
Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros
  • It's a very fun, fast-paced environment, where every day is different (in 5 reviews)

• Great place to come to in the event that you are in between work (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • they will not tell you if a temp-to-hire position will become permanent or if you are about to get laid off (in 5 reviews)

• Low base salary, even if you are hired as a recruiter you are forced into sales at one time or another (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place

Former Employee - Customer Services Representative  in  Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Customer Services Representative in Toronto, ON

I worked at AppleOne full-time

Pros

Timely Pay, flexible account managers

Cons

Unable to connect with account Managers easily.

I am grateful for the experience, but did not feel valued or properly compensated for my work.

Current Employee - Office Coordinator  in  Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at AppleOne full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was able to gain experience to find another administrative job. In the time I was there, I streamlined some of the processes to save time and allow me to take on new projects.

Cons

There was so much turnover during the short time I was there, it was hard for anyone to get a real handle on the accounts. My manager wanted to move me from Office Coordinator to Recruiter so I covered for someone when they were on holiday. I never made the actual move to recruiter because I had to move to another city. The manager never paid out my commissions.

Very driven

I worked at AppleOne

Pros

Motivated and driven staff looking for new opportunities for job seekers

Cons

Highly competitive sometimes too much drama

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disappointing

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON

I worked at AppleOne full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good peer working relationships, friendly people, some degree of flexibility, decent tools available, strong brand identity in the marketplace.

Cons

Management is more focused on transactions than relationships. Management also routinely oversold the strength of the company's client relationships and the strength of their business developers. There's a lot of sizzle but no steak, from an earnings perspective.

Be honest with potential employees on the way in as well as on the way out. You're supposed to be recruitment experts but you do a dismal job of recruiting your own staff.

Never had a decent job with this agency

Former Employee - Forklift Operator  in  Brampton, ON
    Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Brampton, ON

I worked at AppleOne full-time for more than a year

Pros

Many if you're in the administrative, supervisory, or other technical field.

Cons

Idiot interviewers who know nothing about forklifts and think they're right about what little they know. One guy asked if I'm certified on forklifts, I said yes. He asked, "Is that the red one?"

Hire people who KNOW what they're talking about. The staffing industry is full of these 'office workers' who are recruiting for warehouse/logistics positions. It's insulting to the vast majority of people who actually work in these positions to be interviewed and screened by people who aren't qualified to do so.

DataEntryCler

Current Employee - Dataentry  in  Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Dataentry in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at AppleOne

Pros

The employment program is for temporary job assignments.

Cons

The agency takes pay cuts.

Please don't take so much off of the wages.

Amazing company to work for with plenty of room to grow within the company.

Former Employee - Educational Service Administrator Specialist  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Educational Service Administrator Specialist in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at AppleOne full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Room for growth. The CEO and majority of the management team are awesome to work with and take the time to provide additional training for you to succeed.

Cons

Some departments were unorganized and did not work well together due to personality clashes.

Keep doing a great job!

I have been given many great opportunities to work with great organizations.

Current Employee - Office Administrator  in  Westwood, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Office Administrator in Westwood, CA (US)

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

You're able to have a greater selection of reputable companies to choose from.

Cons

You may not get the opportunity to work consistently depending on employers needs.

If candidates are unable to complete an assignment due to a medical situation out of their control, I suggest instead of holding it against the candidate, to have a wider selection of available candidates for immediate placement at employer.

Great opportunity!

I worked at AppleOne full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great hours, good clients to work with, how hard you work is how well you will do.

Cons

Have to work 90 days for vacation or days off.

Have more of a local presence. Hard to manage from afar.

Friendly administrators.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Sandy, UT (US)
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Sandy, UT (US)

I worked at AppleOne full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

To become an Administrator that is available to help consumers to find a job that they would fit into, in a friendly and professional manner.

Cons

As a professional employee, to be aware the time-off policies is important. Any position that I apply for is where I want to offer personal growth, and be an asset to the company. I want a full time job, 40 hours a week and available for overtime.

Please know that I have over 10 years of Customer Service in my work experience. I enjoy communicating with consumers. I have a perfect attendance record. If you would like a quick learner, problem solver with a strong work ethic, I hope you consider me for a position with your company.

Worked for AppleOne? Contribute to the Community!