AppleOne

Updated 18 August, 2014

3.6

AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd
Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros
  • It's a very fun, fast-paced environment, where every day is different (in 5 reviews)

• Great place to come to in the event that you are in between work (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • they will not tell you if a temp-to-hire position will become permanent or if you are about to get laid off (in 5 reviews)

• Low base salary, even if you are hired as a recruiter you are forced into sales at one time or another (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place

Former Employee - Customer Services Representative  in  Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Customer Services Representative in Toronto, ON

Pros

Timely Pay, flexible account managers

Cons

Unable to connect with account Managers easily.

I am grateful for the experience, but did not feel valued or properly compensated for my work.

Current Employee - Office Coordinator  in  Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Vancouver, BC

Pros

I was able to gain experience to find another administrative job. In the time I was there, I streamlined some of the processes to save time and allow me to take on new projects.

Cons

There was so much turnover during the short time I was there, it was hard for anyone to get a real handle on the accounts. My manager wanted to move me from Office Coordinator to Recruiter so I covered for someone when they were on holiday. I never made the actual move to recruiter because I had to move to another city. The manager never paid out my commissions.

Very driven

Pros

Motivated and driven staff looking for new opportunities for job seekers

Cons

Highly competitive sometimes too much drama

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disappointing

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON

Pros

Good peer working relationships, friendly people, some degree of flexibility, decent tools available, strong brand identity in the marketplace.

Cons

Management is more focused on transactions than relationships. Management also routinely oversold the strength of the company's client relationships and the strength of their business developers. There's a lot of sizzle but no steak, from an earnings perspective.

Be honest with potential employees on the way in as well as on the way out. You're supposed to be recruitment experts but you do a dismal job of recruiting your own staff.

Never had a decent job with this agency

Former Employee - Forklift Operator  in  Brampton, ON
    Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Brampton, ON

Pros

Many if you're in the administrative, supervisory, or other technical field.

Cons

Idiot interviewers who know nothing about forklifts and think they're right about what little they know. One guy asked if I'm certified on forklifts, I said yes. He asked, "Is that the red one?"

Hire people who KNOW what they're talking about. The staffing industry is full of these 'office workers' who are recruiting for warehouse/logistics positions. It's insulting to the vast majority of people who actually work in these positions to be interviewed and screened by people who aren't qualified to do so.

DataEntryCler

Current Employee - Dataentry  in  Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Dataentry in Vancouver, BC

Pros

The employment program is for temporary job assignments.

Cons

The agency takes pay cuts.

Please don't take so much off of the wages.

Great Temp Agency

Former Employee - Data Entry  in  Santa Monica, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Santa Monica, CA (US)

Pros

Within a week, they were offering me several positions, and within a month I had a temp to perm job for $13 hr with a great company who extended my contract.

Cons

The only con I had is I didn't know the job title until a week after I started, and then found out it was data entry. However, it turned out to be a lot more too, probably worked out for the best for me.

Keep up the great work.

Fantastic Staff!

Pros

Michelle Cooper and Rachelle Hobus are really professional. They made the job search so simple. They really go to bat for the job seeker and do their best to pair them with the right company that fits their job requirements. I gave them a "wish" list and they filled it to the letter! I can't say enough good things about them.

Cons

There have been no "cons'.

Excellent Business- Great place to start a job search!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charleston, SC (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC (US)

Pros

Rachelle Hobus from the AppleOne location in Charleston, SC contacted me and immediately set up interviews with several local businesses hiring for positions that were relevant to my abilities and experience level. I am now happily employed with a stable local business called PeopLease. Without AppleOne, I never would have found this position, and I would likely still be on the hunt for a new full time job. I have already referred several job-seeking friends to AppleOne, and they have been as satisfied as I was.

Cons

At some point, AppleOne recruiters other than Rachelle stepped in and tried to set up interviews with businesses I was uninterested in.

Assign one recruiter to each client that is looking to be placed. I enjoyed working with Rachelle, but did not like being contacted by other recruiters.

I was placed as a temporary secretary at various locations.

Former Employee - Temporary Employee
    Former Employee - Temporary Employee

Pros

Great placement. Worked with me to place me at a location that was near my home. Great upper management! Made the employer feel thought of and not just a number.

Cons

One of the companies I worked for didn't follow the rules given to me and wasn't the best about it. But it worked out!

Worked for AppleOne? Contribute to the Community!