Apple

3.9 3,533 reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook

Tim Cook

(1,871 ratings)

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 208 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 194 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours (in 194 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors (in 133 reviews)

More Highlights
3,533 Employee Reviews

Apple has a positive work environment, brilliant people, and amazing team support.

ProsThe corporate culture is amazing, the level of support and connection you develop internally is beyond amazing. I currently have an amazing manager who listens to me and helped me through my growth and career development at Apple.

Conssome external managers who have been here for less than a year, don't fit the apple culture, and sue old work practices and practice them at Apple.

Training for external hires , specially leadership, have to go through a rigorous type of training for a minimum 1.5 month to be fit for the fast paced growing culture. ! they should all learn the difference between Positive Intent and Fearless Feedback - Act and Treat Employees accordingly, based on their actions and behaviors, not solely based on manager's observation - because that is not a standard of work practice or business ethics.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior leaders who are hired externally should be going through an extensive training model that is different from those that are promoted internally.

Life and times at the Orchard

Genius Administrator (Former Employee) Burlington, ON

ProsWorked with a lot of really rad, unique people

Cons"Leadership" is incredibly two-faced and fake.

Good place to get experience but not a career

Creative (Former Employee) Brossard, QC

ProsMoney is good. All expense paid trip to Cupertino. Fun working with Apple products.

ConsScheduling is horrendous. No work/life balance. Some of the managers only care about themselves and do not support the employees in difficult situations. Don't be fooled into thinking that this can lead to career because you will burnout fast. As a trainer, you are expected to teach in an extremely noisy environment, in the middle of a highly populated retail environment. Sometimes it feels like complete chaos. There is literally zero upward mobility.
    It is what it is despite some of the fancy job titles. You will be working in retail and it will stay that way. Crappy hours, unreasonable clients, and bully-like managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be so obsessed about NPS and your damn bonuses. The business will thrive when the employees are treated with respect.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Apple is a great company to work for if you enjoy working with intelligent people in a relaxed environment.

Sales Specialist (Former Employee) Winnipeg, MB

ProsInside edge on technology, knowledgable staff, positive environment

ConsPay, you may feel like a pawn

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow staff to retain more of an identity. Let them show up and be themselves and not feel pressured to be so professional. A personal touch goes a long way with customers

Is Apple for you?

Manager (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC

ProsApple is truly a world class brand. It's an incredible place to work if you enjoy interacting with people and getting to know them. To find out HOW these products affect their lives is truly a blessing. If you like constant development and face pace, Apple is for you.

ConsApple is very fast pace and it never stops for you to breathe. This is a pro in many ways, but for some, it can be stressful. This isn't a con, but again, can be; you need to love change and ambiguity. Some of the biggest struggles initially is keeping up with the pace and embracing it. So if you like change and directing on the fly, Apple is for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee comment above for Change. Most managers that leave is due to the constant change. Things and directions literally change in a nano second.

Good for your resume

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) (Current Employee) Edmonton, AB

ProsFor this job which is really good on your resume. People always have questions for Apple Inc and the products. You will have lot of things to talk about this job

ConsThe App Review Guidelines provide rules and examples across a range of topics, including user interface design, functionality, content, and the use of specific technologies

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Human Interface Guidelines provide guidance on fundamental UI design principles and how to apply them to your apps.

Creative

Creative (Apple Store) (Current Employee) Montreal, QC

ProsProducts are great
    Values are super

ConsNot the best pay
    Advancement in retail are somewhat limited

The best place to work retail

Apple Family Room Specialist (Current Employee) Calgary, AB

ProsApple is job that helps make all of its workers progress and be their best. The managers are super friendly and are willing to take feedback. If you ever have an issue with another worker, you can talk to them directly or let a leader know and the issue is quickly resolved. Apple really cares about its employees and will implement almost anything to make them happy.

ConsApple is like any retail store in that you have to work retail hours. There are some days that you will work till 9 or 10pm.

Apple has a great community environment to work in.

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsPeople hired are wonderful to work with.

ConsPersonal growth and advancement. Higher managers have poor values.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at your Leadership teams closely, arrogance is not a great trait.

BOH Specialist

BOH Specialist (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC

ProsFun and fast paced environment

ConsGrowth is limited if interested only in a specific area

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!