Apple

Apple CEO Tim Cook

Tim Cook

(1,550 ratings)

3,096 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Great benefits package if you're lucky enough to get full-time"
    in 182 reviews
  • "Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers"
    in 177 reviews
Cons:
  • "work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours"
    in 157 reviews
  • "could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors"
    in 127 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

good time

I have been working at Apple part-time for less than a year

ProsGood, personal growth, work-life balance, compensations, fun

Conshard work, very team oriented, everything is fast paced

Disappointing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Apple

Prosproducts discounts and atmosphere among agents

Conslow pay, rolling temporary contracts

a

I have been working at Apple

Prosgood company to work in

Conssometimes bad to working in busy

Not a bad place to get your start

Specialist (Current Employee)
Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat people to work with, not a bad environment for retail. They try to dress it up as a career, and while it's not bad pay, it is a demanding environment.

ConsDemanding pace, long hours, shift work, no weekends off. Little room for growth depending on where you are in the store.

A 50/50 experience

Product Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIt pays very well... it starts with the salary of $17.50 an hour for the least position offered there which is a specialist, great work environment and comes with a lot of prestige. & there are multiple leaders who are always available for you to approach and discuss anything you want with them

ConsInfront of customers, you work as one supportive team, but at the back of the house; it's a pain in the butt. You have to be very careful what you say, because a word as simple as dumb or stupid can get you called up to the managers office, and every little single thing you do there is put as a note to file, whether it's positive or negative, more negatives though. & there's really very little room for development in Apple, once you're in a position, you're pretty much stuck to it unless you're the manager's b*tch who snitches about other employees and much more, because managers love knowing everything that's going on since there's always a barrier between the normal workers and the managers. All in all I'd rate the company 4/10

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to managers would be pay more attention and don't believe everything what is told to you.
Advice to PEOPLE WHO WANT TO APPLY/WORK there: Just know that it's gonna be hard, it's a path full of sharp edges, one day you're the best guy ever and the next day you're a signature away from firing, and you can get fired for the silliest things ever, for example, saying the number of people that work here in total or how many stocks of a product are there. I work there now but if any other opportunity opens up for me, i'd definitely run away and my chances of returning to Apple would be very slim.

Best retail company to work for

Genius (Current Employee)

I have been working at Apple full-time

Prosgreat customer service taught
career advancement possible
great environment, specially family room
best pay available in retail
great benefits even for part time

Conscan be very political
to advance as career you have to play politics and make management believe in you
cant think out of the box. you have to believe in core ideas

Great Company to work for

Apple Solutions Consultant (Current Employee)
Charlottetown, PE

I have been working at Apple part-time for less than a year

ProsVery organized,
fantastic support system and tons of resources for employees no matter what is needed

ConsLengthly interview process, very selective

Best Place To Be In Retail

Business Specialist (Former Employee)
Montreal, QC

I worked at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIf your a retail worker, there's no place like Apple in terms of pay and benefits. The company culture really resonates through its stores and provides an excellent working environment.

ConsMoving up the chain of command, at least to management, is extremely difficult to do. Apple has extremely high requirements for higher level positions, usually requiring you to get experience elsewhere before they will even consider you. The salary is generous and is almost like a trap and that keeps you from moving on.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider hiring internally before looking externally. Your best person for the job is probably right in front of your eyes and you don't even see it.

Bittersweet

Apple Expert (Current Employee)
Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe company hires amazing people, they really do and they are great to work with. Good benefits and competitive pay.

ConsA work life balance is very hard to do. The great people make it easy to allow the company to absorb all of your free time.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good people, good benefits, good company

Creative (Apple Store) (Former Employee)

I worked at Apple full-time

ProsThe full time staff in the family room are pretty great to work with. Depending on the store, the hiring teams do a pretty good job with hiring talent. Perks are decent, with regards to computer discount, accessories and partner hookups. Health benefits are wonderful. Trip to California depending on your role.

ConsManagers can be a little too imposing with vision and culture, which can be good but a bit nauseating at times. Shift work. Being flexible for the needs of the business.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Apple CEO Tim Cook. All 3,096 reviews are posted anonymously by Apple employees.