Apple

Apple CEO Tim Cook

Tim Cook

(1,573 ratings)

3,119 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Great benefits package if you're lucky enough to get full-time"
    in 182 reviews
  • "Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers"
    in 177 reviews
Cons:
  • "work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours"
    in 157 reviews
  • "could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors"
    in 127 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Decent pay, but you earn it.

Expert (Apple Store) (Former Employee)

I worked at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCompetitive financial compensation, but you'll never be busier in your life. You will learn more about customer service and managing relationships than you ever have before.

ConsIt's still retail at the end of the day. There is a glass ceiling. It's very difficult to get into leadership roles, and even harder, near impossible to go corporate. Only 2% make it to Corporate. So many talented people had to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop brining in outside management. Promote your own people. Too many talented people have already left because they had to put up with political bs from ex-Gap, Pottery Barn, Old Navy managers who don't "get apple".

Amazing experience. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Mac Specialist (Apple Store) (Current Employee)
Calgary, AB

I have been working at Apple full-time for less than a year

Prosa very innovative, and intensive 13 day training process, good wage, excellent work environment.

Consit is retail... so there are odd hours, and sometimes pissed off customers, but overall, its the best it gets for a job in retail.

Best company to work for

FT Sales Specialist, IPhone Expert, Bus Ambassador (Bus Sales) (Current Employee)

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than a year

ProsWorking at Apple truly does not feel like working at all. You are with people that truly love to be there and do not drag their feet in to work everyday. That feeling you get when spending time with family during a fun occasion or with friends at a party...this is what it feels like to work for and at Apple.

ConsI have nothing bad to say about working for this fantastic company.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's always good to speak to your team if they are in a rutt. Don't direct them on what to do...ask them how you can help them through it.

Not at all what I expected

Creative (Apple Store) (Current Employee)

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than a year

ProsCo-workers, product discounts, occasional interesting client projects.

ConsHigh school politics, micromanagement, holding up opportunities for potential people, constantly teaching people basic computer skills gets mundane. Work/life balance is terrible. I don't see much of a future here. "Credo" and "culture" are a bit to be desired. One thing to believe in the products but the culture is way too much "juice" with their "fearless feedback", etc. Too many employees also don't know much about the product and use.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet Creatives actually BE Creatives! My store was mismanaged from the get go with management making it seem like getting your certifications in pro apps was a "reward" when it's supposed to be part of your job! We lost potential with more professional users and have become known as a "retirees" club. It's becoming mundane! Also, retail hours in general just suck but even more so when it's 9 hour days. Good luck EVER having a work/life balance and kiss the family goodbye. Mentally draining and feel like my brain is going to mush as the repetitive same questions from customers becomes tiring.

rewarding from a customer service perspective

Creative (Apple Store) (Former Employee)

I worked at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPays pretty well for retail. Training (when you can get it) and opportunities (if you have a supporter) can be good. Products and services are outstanding.

ConsPolitical. Back stabbing. Cliques. Stores are crowded and noisy. Perks removed, apparently because of Steve Jobs. You definitely need to have an ally in management. Employees "spy" on each other in the name of "feedback." It's easy to get painted with the wrong brush. Rewards aren't as good as they should be for so many contributions to the bottom line. Like being in high school again.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't try so hard to find fault. Some feedback was completely bogus. You seem keen to jump on the slightest "mistake," often before getting all the facts.

The Long Fall Back Down to Earth

Specialist (Current Employee)
Richmond, BC

I have been working at Apple part-time for more than a year

ProsSome of the best reasons to work at apple are the people, the culture, and upward mobility. At Apple they usually hire some of the brightest funniest people that you will ever meet. Everybody there takes pride in their roles and work. For a retail job there is a lot of room for personal development and growth. I cannot stress the last part enough, there is so much room for growth.

ConsMonotony and co-workers. If you stay in one role for too long, you will quickly come to realize that the job is highly monotonous, you must be self-motivated to move further in the company. I know I said that the people are great, but now and then there is a bad apple.

Advice to Senior ManagementI know apple is a really cool place to work, the environment is super friendly and accepting. But there are limits. If you decide to work at Apple, try to learn the different roles to the best of your abilities because sometimes when you have to make a tough call, what might be best for the companies image, might not be best for store morale.

An enriching experience

Family Room Specialist (Former Employee)
Vancouver, BC

I worked at Apple part-time for more than a year

Pros- Amazing coworkers
- Get to play and fix the newest toys
- Meet interesting people (customers)

Cons- High pressure environment
- Difficult to move from retail to corporate

Underwhelming - working for Apple in Canada is not satisfying

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON

I worked at Apple full-time for less than a year

ProsProducts are amazing and they are some great people who work there

ConsCompany is cheap and they don't value work family life balance

Advice to Senior Managementstop the charade about driving for best products, when you are driven by Sales, $$'s and share price

This is an amazing place to be every day.

Creative (Apple Store) (Current Employee)
Calgary, AB

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIncredible products, passionate people, and a stimulating environment.

ConsIt can get incredibly busy from time to time.

A world-class organization providing a world-class work environment

Specialist (Current Employee)
Toronto, ON

I have been working at Apple part-time for less than a year

ProsChallenging, dynamic, ever-changing, diverse work environment. Everyday you go to work, you go in thinking you're ready. The moment you hit the floor, you realize time and time again, there's no way you can truly prepare for what comes at you. You just gotta work hard

ConsWhen you come back home, you feel pretty drained, That being said, it can also be a good thing since you'll get a good night's sleep.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing ... providing us such an amazing and accepting work environment.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Apple CEO Tim Cook. All 3,119 reviews are posted anonymously by Apple employees.