Apple

Apple CEO Tim Cook

Tim Cook

(1,578 ratings)

3,132 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Great benefits package if you're lucky enough to get full-time"
    in 182 reviews
  • "Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers"
    in 177 reviews
Cons:
  • "work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours"
    in 157 reviews
  • "could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors"
    in 127 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Overworked, Underappreciated

Specialist (Current Employee)
Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than a year

ProsYou get to tell people you worked for Apple. It does look good on a resume. You'll get some discounts on some cool products and possibly be able to go to Cupertino (if they REALLY like you)

ConsToo many to list. This job really isn't worth it. You are treated terribly by customers AND management. Managers are more concerned with their bonuses than anything else. They are very metrics driven and you must meet your sales targets or else you will never move anywhere else in the company. If you aren't hitting sales targets you'll be harassed daily. The management will flat-out lie to you about things and are excellent manipulators. You have zero work-life balance and you will not be able to choose your days off. You have to work throughout August and December as they are "black out periods" and you will never get inside information about products or upcoming releases. They are VERY strict about the way you speak or conduct yourself while on the sales floor. If you say something they deem to be out of line you will be reprimanded. They love to use the whole "we're forward this offence to HR" line just to scare you. Management are bullies, plain and simple.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't treat us so terribly. We're not your slaves and your bonuses aren't as important as our wellbeing.

Great team, great company

I have been working at Apple for more than 5 years

ProsAmazing people, positive work environment

ConsPeople expect tech support from you.

singled out and torn down

Family Room Specialist (Former Employee)
Winnipeg, MB

I worked at Apple full-time for more than a year

Prosgenerally speaking, co-workers were great to work with, same with customers

Consserious lack of positive reinforcement. you never hear the end of it if you do something wrong and nothing when you do well. managers are completely uninterested in the employee side of the story. managers single people out. zero work-life balance. fearless feedback is a load of bull and management doesn't follow their own policies. i was constantly and consistently put down and with the exception of two leaders, was spoken down to and treated like i was incompetent and i know i'm not. they always focused on what you did bad and didn't give a crap when you did something well. once labelled, you will stay labelled. little room to move and grow. near zero support for dealing with abusive customers.

Advice to Senior Managementfearless feedback should be followed. leaders should be LEADERS. my self esteem has suffered because for over a year, i was told only what i was doing wrong and how horrible i was at my job. 99% of my customers loved me and requested to work only with me yet when i made a mistake i never heard the end of it. quit singling people out because other employees notice. i am so disappointed in this company.

Apple Canada Mgmt Incompetent (Corporate)

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Apple

ProsSome very smart and hard-working people
Well-run (in California)

Cons-Canadian management is long in the tooth, lack-lustre and don't really have any truly corporate executive experience.
-Too much kowtowing to US management

Advice to Senior ManagementPackage the occupiers of the corner offices

Not even an iPod shuffle

Genius Administrative (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON

I worked at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros-Amazing People
-Great for resume
-Keeps you on your toes
-Always in the know of new technology

Cons-Company and Management do not care about you
-Small space, alot of people
-No incentives

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to learn about the technology...don't be afraid of the floor..come out if the office.

A great opportunity

I have been working at Apple full-time for less than a year

Prosgets you out of your comfort zone. Things are always changing and you have to grow and evolve with it. Prepares you for many different situations whether its for work or personal.

ConsThey have great values but not all of the leadership really know how to embody them and it hurts what Apple states they're trying to achieve for their "people" the employee's

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow through. Listen to your employees and constantly challenge yourself to ensure you're meeting the needs of the internal customer the same way you strive to meet the needs of the external customer

Great place to work

Sales Specialist (Former Employee)
Montreal, QC

I worked at Apple part-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe people are all so friendly

ConsHappiness is addicting. Also ended up working more than I planned

Working at Apple is like joining a cult

Retail Specialist (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON

I worked at Apple part-time for more than a year

ProsFor a retail job it pays slightly higher then a clothing store

ConsExtremely high expectations with no incentive to succeed other then to not be fired. Do not expect any commission, do not expect to work with attractive people, do not expect positive reinforcement or effective coaching.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are desperate nobody's who have aligned your personal self worth into a giant corporation's success with nothing else in your lives to make you worth knowing or speaking to. Absolutely pathetic.

Working for Apple is fantastic. I think you have to accept the strong culture and be part of it instead of change it.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Apple full-time for more than 5 years

ProsApple has excellent benefits and a very competitive salary. It's a great place to work and the people are super smart. The culture is incredibly strong so if you're an apple person, you'll love it there.

Consvery very corporate - so be careful and make sure you follow all rules. There are a lot of things that you won't be able to change about the company, so don't try and be willing to accept a lot of things that just are because its 'the apple way'.

Advice to Senior ManagementHR managers are more for company and less for employees. This should change.

A company that truly is different and has a culture like no other.

Apple Solutions Consultant (Current Employee)
Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than a year

ProsMost of the time it doesn't even feel like your working. Good pay. Great room for advancement. They really provide you with the sense that your part of something bigger. A company that communicates great internally. You will meet some amazing people working at Apple

ConsExtremely strict about protecting information and protecting the brand. Sometimes you have to deal with the extreme Apple enthusiast (who wants to tell you about every Apple product they have ever owned) or Apple hater (Who 90% of the time has never owned any Apple product or used any for more than a few mins but tells you about all the negative things their friends say about Apple) Other than that nothing bad to say.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apple reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Apple CEO Tim Cook. All 3,132 reviews are posted anonymously by Apple employees.