Apple

3.9 3,508 reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook

Tim Cook

(1,851 ratings)

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy(in 208 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers(in 194 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours(in 194 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors(in 133 reviews)

3,508 Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for

Apple Solutions Consultant (Current Employee) Charlottetown, PE

ProsVery organized,
    fantastic support system and tons of resources for employees no matter what is needed

ConsLengthly interview process, very selective

Good people, good benefits, good company

Creative (Apple Store) (Former Employee) Edmonton, AB

ProsThe full time staff in the family room are pretty great to work with. Depending on the store, the hiring teams do a pretty good job with hiring talent. Perks are decent, with regards to computer discount, accessories and partner hookups. Health benefits are wonderful. Trip to California depending on your role.

ConsManagers can be a little too imposing with vision and culture, which can be good but a bit nauseating at times. Shift work. Being flexible for the needs of the business.

Apple retail is a nice job to have if you have your own side business. Don't even think about move up to corporate

Family Room Specialist (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsMeeting a lot of cool people.

ConsToo many talented employers but too many less intelligent managers. I mean it.

Advice to Senior Managementto who? to Tim Cook? I like him but I want Steve back. Please bring him back to us.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lots of possibilities

Genius (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsThe best part about working for apple is its People and culture

ConsThe worst part is working Retail hours and weekends

Inventory Specialist

Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsThere is always something new happening at Apple, whether it is a new product launch or some other new process/initiatives, so the work is always interesting. Since they hiring process is very thorough most of the employees that do get hired are great people to work with. And while some would disagree I would consider the compensation an benefits to be very competitive.

ConsThere are very limited avenues for career progression, especially for those not interested in becoming a store manager. Managers have the ability to make exceptions for customers that you rarely get the same answer from different managers as they all are just making decisions on the fly as there is very little structure to their decision making. Sometimes there is too much focus of having the "Apple" attitude that those who do get the majority of the work done are seen as under performing as they aren't being "Apple" enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be more opportunities for people to build careers where they aren't stuck in the same position for 5+ years or else they will just keep leaving once they finally realize there is nowhere for them to go.

Great Place - Great people

Specialist (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsAwesome group of people. lots of talent. family oriented.

ConsGets too busy. can get stressful and overwhelming during busy seasons

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work

Amazing Place to work in

Sales Specialist (Current Employee) Burlington, ON

ProsPeople are great, company want to support you in any career experience you want to have, and the products sell themselves

ConsHaven't come across any downsides

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Exactly as reviews predicted

Apple Retail - Expert (Current Employee) Waterloo, ON

ProsGreat coworkers, idolized product. The stores are iconic in both appearance and atmosphere. Uncapped learning potential. Tons of room to switch positions. The pay is fantastic.

ConsManagement in stores is a little faulty, favourites are picked and flourish. Part-time staff comes and goes quickly. Unfortunately, the job was exactly as reviews have mentioned it would be - it is quite disappointing to work for such a hugely respected company and have the managers be so petty.

Bittersweet, hard to maintain work life balance

Family Room Specialist (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsProduct discounts. Candidates hired tend to be very Smart

ConsLack of employer empathy towards subordinates

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployes need more reasons to stay with be company

The most enjoyable and demanding retail job there is

ProsDecent pay, full benefits, even for part-timers

ConsIt is demanding work, and you lose your weekends to the job

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!