AmerisourceBergen

AmerisourceBergen Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

AmerisourceBergen President & CEO Steven Collis

Steven Collis

Pros
  • Attractive enviornment; good benefits; tools provided to be successful in job(in 19 reviews)

• Great benefits - you accrue 20 days of PTO per year in your first year(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance and pay is average for the market place(in 7 reviews)

• It seems that upper management is truly out of touch with the need of their independent business(in 8 reviews)

My first full-time gig after college is mediocre

Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) Monroeville, PA (US)

ProsYou a part of a big team so things are flexible. Great benefits - you accrue 20 days of PTO per year in your first year. Fairly easy to move up in the company.

ConsHigh turnover. You lose some of your hourly pay if you switch to an earlier shift after you've been working a few months.

Benefits verification specialist

Benefit Verification Specialist (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

ProsBeing a benefits verification specialist was a great opportunity and learning experience.

ConsBeing able to have more time on special projects. I was a seasonal contract worker and it was difficult to readjust to some of the changes.

Great learning experience

IT Intern (Former Employee) Valley Forge, PA (US)

ProsPotential to be sent to annual trade show in Las Vegas!
    Great managers and co-workers
    Relaxed environment

ConsNot all interns had as much meaningful work to do as I did

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Benefits. Poor Work/Life Balance on Second Shift

Warehouse Associate (Former Employee)

ProsGreat health insurance & overall benefits package

ConsNature of second shift here is that you work until all orders are filled. There were times when that meant an extra four hours tacked on to the end of your shift. We had very hard workers and ran very lean. I get it-- That's what makes this division more profitable. But there comes a point when morale is so low due to poor work/life balance (how do you plan your personal life when you don't know if you will be able to get enough sleep to function the next day in your role as parent, spouse, partner, caretaker, etc?) that management needs to step up and not just give lip-service to getting you more help, but actually do so. Don't get me wrong-- The overtime money was great, but often not worth what I gave up in my home/personal life.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink more creatively on how to make second shift hours a bit more predictable for your employees, and not perpetuate the "This is how it's always been on second shift" attitude.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Honestly the Best Company I've Worked For

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

Pros- Incredible company mission & customer impact
    - Strong leadership team driving the company in a solid direction
    - Great teams to work with who show commitment to the organization & customers
    - Enjoyable work atmosphere with competitive compensation & benefits
    - Opportunities to pursue multiple satisfying career paths

Cons- Difficult to communicate well within such a large organization

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep striving to be a best-in-class workplace, and working diligently to attract and develop strong talent to achieve our goals. I'm very proud to work for ABC and will continually rave to internal and external customers about what a great company we are!

great work / life balance

Manager (Current Employee) Buffalo Grove, IL (US)

Prosopportunity to improve knowledge and career path

Consstagnant in product development and double standards

Advice to Senior ManagementLISTEN

Horrible...worked 6-7 days a week

blister packaging operator (Former Employee) Groveport, OH (US)

ProsHealth insurance, benefits....that is all I can say good about the company

ConsStarted at 12.00 and 3 years later was only making 13.30 and I was a blister packaging operator...they paid new people more...also they are very chauvanistic and show a lot of favoritism...management was horrible...upper management only spoke to certain people

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Burlington, MA (US)

ProsInteresting work, nice people, helping to advance understanding of oncology, client offerings are insightful

ConsLong hours sometimes, limited mobility within the company, cross-collaboration among teams

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training for employees

Good company when you are nearing retirement

Senior Technical Writer (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

ProsGreat IT Infrastructure team to work with, great team members. A great place to work if you are up for retirement soon, flexible schedules.

ConsNo scope for advancement, no innovation, employees are never heard by management, too much micromanagement.

Advice to Senior ManagementLesser Micro management, Hear your employees more, they are you lifeline!

case picker

Case Picker (Current Employee) Roanoke, TX (US)

Prosgood people good pay good benefits.

Consnot enough help feels like letting more people go rather than hiring.

Advice to Senior Managementhelp train more people

Worked for AmerisourceBergen? Contribute to the Community!