AmerisourceBergen

AmerisourceBergen Reviews

Updated Apr 07, 2014

AmerisourceBergen President & CEO Steven Collis

Steven Collis

Pros:
  • "good people good pay good benefits"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Great benefits - you accrue 20 days of PTO per year in your first year"
    in 12 reviews
Cons:
  • "There are limited human resources which requires long hours and tough work life balance"
    in 5 reviews
  • "It seems that upper management is truly out of touch with the need of their independent business"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Nothing to wow about

IT Analyst/Software Developer (Former Employee)
Vancouver, BC

I worked at AmerisourceBergen

ProsThe best thing is that you get flexible hours if you work in IT. You are able to take days off here and there as long as there is no conflict in schedules and you make up for the days in the future. Also, you have a lot of freedom as in deciding on the type of tools that you use in a project. The supervisor would listen to you and value your opinions. Also, they will pay for any relevant courses that you take. This and also the flexible schedules make it easy to grow yourself while you work there.

ConsGrowth in the company is limited and not a lot of variations among the IT projects. This is common to most of the companies who don't sell "IT" as their products, so it is understandable. You work there to improve their IT infrastructure and IT solutions, and that is pretty much it. Other than that, you also work for bosses who are not in your field and therefore a lot of times they don't really value what your contribution is for the company. This translates to the lack of growth in compensation and benefits usually. Also, it makes it harder to communicate with them about your vision and etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet up annual reviews for employees and incentives for employees to grow and advance.

Stable

Marketing Intern (Current Employee)

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen as an intern for less than a year

ProsGreat sense of community. Everyone around you is very supportive and easy to get along/communicate with. Fantastic place for an intern to grow and gain knowledge/experience.

ConsEpitome of typical corporate culture

Summer internship

Strategic Planning (Current Employee)
Chesterbrook, PA (US)

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen as an intern for less than a year

ProsThe people who work there were great, I had a lot of responsibilities and the work I did actually made a difference within my division

ConsIf you are looking for full time after having an internship there, you will be waiting until very close to when you can start working upon graduation. They hire just in time so do not hire much more than 2 months out of a start date.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to determine jobs that could be created from the work done by interns and potentially offer them jobs at the end of the summer if you feel like they did good work.

Better be a rockstar

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
Frisco, TX (US)

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time for less than a year

ProsLocation is great and most people are amazing to work with. The pay was really good.

ConsIf management finds someone that they prefer for your position, they will just fire you. So you better be a rockstar.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to have better communication with your employees and you need to make your employees feel like you actually support them. If one of your employee's job is in jeopardy, it is only ethical to let them know. Don't just fire them and make up some story to get rid of them.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Career Track

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThis is a good company especially for young adults as there is lots of training provided, and a career track that can lead one to management.

ConsSort of out of touch policies.

Advice to Senior ManagementEverything is not simply black and white -- some differences are healthy. While rules are important, it is also good to have some flexibility to allow for innovation. It is important that certain protocols are met, but a good idea can go a long, long way. This also engages the associates to invest mrs of themselves into their work and to the company.

GREAT PLACE TO START CAREER

Reimbursement Counselor (Senior) (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 3 years

Proscompetitive compensation, promotions, open door policy

Constrying nit to drink so many sodas.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the awesome work!

Good company in general with growing pains moving slowly forward

Associate (Current Employee)
Chesterbrook, PA (US)

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood co-workers, benefits and above average working conditons.

ConsTop heavy mgmt, old guard, old school thinking, not incredibly tech savy.

Advice to Senior ManagementRequest and implement recommendations from associates rather then paying a 3rd party to find gaps. Increase work life balance. Allow more opportunites from working from home from tech. Open full access to the web without filters. Embrace innovation. Embrace thinking outside the box. Continue to work on creating an environment that is innovative and helps provide associates with the opportunity to excel and in turn provide our customers with the best service possible.

Somewhere in the middle

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe company is stable, coworkers were mostly great, and management was knowledgeable

ConsNo work life balance, you will not get promoted unless someone is your friend, no bonuses, and the pay is low

Advice to Senior ManagementGive others besides yourself bonuses and increase the work life balance.

Short & sweet

Warehouse Associate (Former Employee)
Morrisville, NC (US)

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time for less than a year

ProsGood hourly pay plus production bonus.
Good Benefits.
Paid time off after 90 days.

ConsLong work hours take a toll on your body.
Short breaks.

too much work no set hours, managers don't know whats going on

Warehouse Associate (Former Employee)
Paducah, KY (US)

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than a year

Prospay is good, benefits are good, people coworkers are nice. leadership are very nice and willing to help out when needed

Consthey take holidays away whenever the mood strikes them. long long hours, treated like animals who can just work forever

Worked for AmerisourceBergen? Contribute to the Community!

AmerisourceBergen – Why Work for Us?

AmerisourceBergen Corporation is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies serving global markets with a focus on the pharmaceutical supply chain. Servicing both pharmaceutical manufacturers and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AmerisourceBergen reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for AmerisourceBergen CEO Steven Collis. All 162 reviews are posted anonymously by AmerisourceBergen employees.