AmeriGas Reviews

Updated 28 August, 2014

2.6

AmeriGas President & CEO Jerry E. Sheridan
Jerry E. Sheridan

Great company, great peers and management.

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Oakland, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Oakland, CA (US)

I worked at AmeriGas full-time for more than a year

Pros

Operations are great. Culture is fun. Safety is first priority.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about Amerigas.

None

Mehh

Current Employee - Pricing Administration Assistant  in  King of Prussia, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Pricing Administration Assistant in King of Prussia, PA (US)

I have been working at AmeriGas full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Place to start, Flex time, good location

Cons

Not social atmosphere, Managers are too self absorbed

Be a little nicer to people

A company that is pushing employees to the limits

Current Employee - Service Tech, Driver, Ace Driver
    Current Employee - Service Tech, Driver, Ace Driver

I have been working at AmeriGas full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fair pay. Ok equipment , good co workers. Ipads are ok.

Cons

Long hours, more work than you can do. More miles than you can cover... can not take care of customers how we are used to. Employee fatigue and injuries, accidents are up because the company simply has cut back on employees and we no longer can keep up.

We need more bodies to take care of our customers. We need more trucks on the road in summer as now we are working at 120 percent in the summer and are doing a poor job of satisfying our customers because we simply are too short on people.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Immediate access to c-level execs and resources of largest player in industry

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Valley Forge, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valley Forge, PA (US)

I have been working at AmeriGas full-time for less than a year

Pros

"Right size" company allows access to c-level execs while also providing job security of being #1 player with largest resources in the industry
    Transparency through town hall meetings with CEO
    Family-friendly - 8 to 4pm schedule

Cons

Hard to find new areas of growth in industry that is shrinking 2-3%/yr
    Often considered the highest price provider w/o emphasizing additional value to customer

How can we find additional ways to incentivize front line customer facing workers with carrots rather than sticks?
    How can we continue to increase the "value pie" in the industry vs. focusing on capturing a larger piece of the same sized pie?

An easy job, but.....

Former Employee - Bulk Route Delivery Driver  in  Grandy, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Bulk Route Delivery Driver in Grandy, NC (US)

I worked at AmeriGas full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work- life balance, pretty easy to get a day or two off.
    Not too taxing on your body
    Pretty easy, in fact boring at times
    Usually off on holidays and weekends

Cons

I don't like it when companies shove overtime down your throat when they need it, but barely give you 40 hours when they don't need it. This job during the off-season ( warm months) can be very boring and tedious. I can recall several days when I had a route that I knew would not take more than 3 hours to complete, but I had to go somewhere to hide, take naps, and anything else to get my 8 hours. There are days when the manager will give you flat out "busy work". This can include refurbishing old gas tanks, cleaning up the yard, and even office work. My main con was the fact that the company will feed you safety, safety, safety until you are blue in the face--then they will feed you some more. They act like they care about safety of the employees so much, but all they are concerned with is not losing any money. You are subject to being written up for any and everything. Nothing like wondering if you are going to lose your job everyday. Shortly before I thankfully got another job opportunity, there was a simultaneous company- wide meeting throughout every district in the country. They pretty much told us that the company was letting a large number of employees go immediately due to the fact that the numbers were down from the prior year(2012). How's that for job security Being on -call every five weeks was horrible.

Raise the pay! A bob-tail driver should make more than $14.50. You preach about the job being so dangerous but the employees are not compensated as such. The on-call system needs to be tweaked. The district (branch) managers are notorious for micro-managing the employees. We could have run the place by ourselves in my opinion.

Very professionally run,and seem to care about employees

I have been working at AmeriGas full-time

Pros

Good benefits and safety measures

Cons

Wages are about 2dollars an hour below most other companies

Great intro into oil and gas

I have been working at AmeriGas full-time

Pros

Good place to start in the propane industry.

Cons

No structured training program for your position. The environment is filled with long time complaining employees. Although they are the number 1 propane company in the US the pay is low compared to the competition.

The job is okay

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Valley Forge, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valley Forge, PA (US)

I have been working at AmeriGas full-time

Pros

I like my boss and the people in my department, also, it's a job I know I'll never get fired from - it' impossible to get fired from this place.

Cons

Management and people in their department take zero responsibility and blame everyone else for their short comings. No room for advancement, pay isn't that great and the "raise" they give you every year is a joke - 1-3%, yeah way to keep up with that cost of living!

13 years, then goodbye without warning

I worked at AmeriGas full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I liked the local people that I was fortunate to work with

Cons

Unbelievably high prices, lack of customer focus (acquire another company so we can add their customers to the mix and then abuse them till they leave - then repeat), politics, politics, politics

You need to focus on the core of the business - your customers!! Listen to what THEY are telling you

AmeriGas...room for advancement

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at AmeriGas full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There Are Plenty Of Opportunities To Work Your Way Up The ladder, But Eventually YOU Get To A Dead zone.

Cons

Some times it seems management will tell you what you want to hear, but never follow through. I have interviewed for different positions and was given bogus reasons why I did not get the job. I think too many friends of management get hired.

I think some of the management need some more training on how to deal with conflict.

Worked for AmeriGas? Contribute to the Community!