Almost Family

Updated 18 December, 2014
2.0

Almost Family Chairman and CEO William B. Yarmuth
William B. Yarmuth

Pros
  • There are absolutely no pros for employees or clients of this company (in 4 reviews)

• The workload/paperwork is antiquated (no computers or EMR) for field staff (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises have been given in several years to any field staff or lower managment (in 6 reviews)

• Upper management is unsupportive of middle management (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Experience in Sales of Home Health

Current Employee - Account Executive in Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Almost Family

Pros

Excellence in sales training, with course schedules, meeting with representatives in location, and ride along and mentorships.

Cons

More miles than I would usually drive working 2 counties. work-life balance late on schedule but good compensation.

Overall enjoyed my time at the company

Former Employee - Sales Rem
    Former Employee - Sales Rem

I worked at Almost Family full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My manager was great and the support staff I had made my job enjoyable. If you are out there promising things to customers that you cant deliver on you wont make it. Fortunately for me I had a team behind me who could

Cons

over the years, there was change in management. management should sometimes stick to whats working.

make your sales meetings informational, helpful and fun...they really started declining over the years and made us feel underappreciated, and bored.

RN

I have been working at Almost Family

Pros

large company. nice coworkers. don't really have much else in terms of pros. i guess having a job is a pro. free parking in my area.

Cons

high turnover. unreliable referral sources. bottom of the barrel patients. no computers for clinicians. mediocre pay. poor benefits. no leadership.

Regular Home making agency.

Former Employee - Home Health Aid in New Haven, CT (US)
    Former Employee - Home Health Aid in New Haven, CT (US)

I worked at Almost Family part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Office staff seems to care enough about clients being taken care of.

Cons

Employees almost never get up to full time hours, no such thing as reviews, raises, etc. Travel time is only counted as payable if you travel for half an hour or less, so if you travel for 35-45 minutes in-between clients, you won't get paid for it. Overall, this is not a position for someone trying to maintain a household - you just can't live off of 20 hours a week at $8 an hour.

not enough hours available...just prn

I have been working at Almost Family part-time (more than an year)

Pros

you are able to pick and choose which patients and families you work for. every one is very friendly amd most are helpful

Cons

always have to pay close attention that you are being paid the correct wage they always have issues with payroll. after losing a full time 40 hr week case due to pt getting better, not very concerned with more hrs

Almost Family Response

Dec 16, 2014Director, Recruitment

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee hours or cases with PRN employees. We offer part time and full time employment for many positions to qualified candidates, and we ... More

OMG HORRIBLE COMPANY

Former Employee - CNA in Edgewood, KY (US)
    Former Employee - CNA in Edgewood, KY (US)

I worked at Almost Family

Pros

Not a thing!!!! Awful company to work for.

Cons

I was hired to work for this company in Kentucky, went out to my clients home to train for ONLY 3 hours and then was left to care for this client for a 9 hour shift,. No additional training was provided, never got paid for my 5 hour orientation and was never paid for working my 9 hour shift. I was threatened by my supervisor and yelled at multiple times by management.

Favoritism

Former Employee - Clinical Manager
    Former Employee - Clinical Manager

I worked at Almost Family full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The field staff are caring hard workers, most of them anyway

Cons

Upper management is unsupportive of middle management. Upper management makes deals and hires friends.

Upper management needs to clean up! Support those doing the right thing and stop enabling poor behavior

Senior Advocates not committed to anyone or anything

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middleburg Heights, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middleburg Heights, OH (US)

I have been working at Almost Family (more than an year)

Pros

Ability to maintain a flexible schedule

Cons

NO training: NO supplies: NO recognition: NO positive feedback: NO proper equipment provided; NO appropriate
    client information given to field staff: NO salary increases; NO support for staff by management: Office moral is
    negative. Office management is UNAWARE of company policies. Certainly NO CELEBRATIONS of any kind
    All employees are expected to make this job their sole priority in life, while only working PRN.

Follow your own policies and procedures
    Compensate your employees at a fair wage.

Horrible

I have been working at Almost Family

Pros

There are absolutely no pros for employees or clients of this company

Cons

Horrible management, extremely low pay with no raises, this company will pay top management million dollar bonuses but most employees go 4 to 5 yes without even a cost of living increase, these people are greedy and could care less about their employees or clients

You can't give advice to greedy people with no conscious

Enjoyable...have worked here for over 5 years. I guess happiness varies by location.

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Lake Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Lake Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Almost Family as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, pleasant staff, good pay. I have been a therapist for over 20 years. We take good care of our patients and I can't tell you how many courtesy visits I have done and gotten paid for while the company did not....because a patient needed something.

Cons

Medicare is the challenge for me, not almost family. The requirements become more strict so the paperwork is more. I am prn so I do hear the benefits are expensive...but my husband's insurance almost doubled again this year as well and that doesn't have to do with his employer...that's new healthcare. It is a large company and decisions are made by those higher up...not always easy.