Allstate

Updated Jul 21, 2014

3.1 1,187 reviews

Allstate Chairman, President, and CEO Thomas J. Wilson II

Thomas J. Wilson II

Pros
  • The work life balance is ok in some departments and under good managers(in 140 reviews)

• My current department offers work from home once a week which is great(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • The work/life balance is sorely out of wack for exempt personal(in 19 reviews)

• upper management likes the best (usually a friend or family member)(in 33 reviews)

1,187 Employee Reviews

Gained work experience on Multiple projects like Claim application, Insurance Quotes System and Policy Administration

Business Analyst/QA Analyst (Former Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsI was involved in all phases of Project life cycle, starting from Gathering Requirements to Test closure. Team are very friendly with each other starting from project manager, Team Manager, Developers and Testers. Every one has focus on project, positive attitude.

ConsImplementing Testing Standards, Procedures and Practices.
    Implemented Fish Bone diagram o ensure the coverage of testing, Testing Metrics.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am a BA /QA Analyst with extensive experience in Business Requirements Gathering, Analysis, Feasibility and Gap analysis, Documentation, Use cases and UML for CIBC. I have 5+ years of experience in Developing and maintaining Test scripts, analyzing bugs and interacting with development team members in fixing the defects and actively participated in project status meeting and Involved in all phases of the SDLC from Requirements analysis, Test Strategy development, Test case development, Test case execution, Defect Management for System testing ,UAT Testing.
    I feel that my creative process will benefit both QA team and BA team

Alright

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHelping customers understand and save money on their insurance

ConsMaking 80 to 100 cold phone calls per day
    Rigid

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow reps some flexibility in how to build business

A great place to work

Claims (Current Employee) Toronto, ON

ProsLots of opportunity to advance, employer is very supportive of Training / Self Development

ConsNeed to be more proactive.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue on the current course.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Balanced work-life environment

Applications Developer (Current Employee) Markham, ON

ProsGood for work life balance. average salary in the IT sector. Good bonus compensation each year but was better a few years back.

ConsStill struggling to identifying low and high performers. average salaries with mediocre benefits. Rush hour traffic congestion

50 best employers?

Underwriter (Current Employee)

Prosflexible time management, opportunity to work from home, fun people to work with

Conslower pay scale, no bonus based on performance, little recognition, little opportunity for advancement, does not encourage strong work ethic

Advice to Senior Managementencourage people to shine and reward that work ethic. encourage customer service to staff and customers.

Good company terrible executive team.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood location, good coworkers, decent benefits

ConsPoor vp structure, mostly US folks passing through, too much control by HR

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow employees to shine

Training was great, management not so great

Insurance Agent (Current Employee)

ProsCompetitive pay, not easy to move up

ConsWorking in a small business environment with only 7 co workers. Manager manages two offices. Not there when you need them.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a manager for each agency.

Allstate Canada

ProsNice location outside of City

ConsAverage Pay / poor benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize recognize recognize

Great company to work for. Offers an entrepreneurial work environment and amazing work life balance.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Markham, ON

ProsOpportunities to do work on different projects, focused on employee training and development, and open to taking risk on what new initiatives

ConsConservative mind set to growth that prevents faster pace of change

Advice to Senior ManagementNot everything can be measured and quantified

Great workplace

Tech Support (Former Employee) Markham, ON

Prosgroup of resposible like minded, caring people

ConsThe location is a bit far north if you're south in the city, but not bad if you live north of the city or a central location

Advice to Senior Managementpromote from within

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!