Allied Healthcare International

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Allied Healthcare International CEO, Saga Group Roger Ramsden

Roger Ramsden

Terrible Company To Work For.

Carer (Current Employee)
Saint Ives, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Allied Healthcare International part-time for more than 3 years

ProsNon at all l am getting our of this job as quick as l can

ConsYou dont get Travel time at all. You are given 15mins slots on some calls it takes half an hour to get there. You pay an admin charge for all time sheets out of your wages.
Millage is not Paid. You lose money just working for this firm. I was given jobs and had to sit in my car for an hour waiting for my next call was not worth going home.

Advice to Senior ManagementTerrible Terrible Terrible how they spoke was discus sting to staff as if you were dirt. Begging for people to take shifts when you said you couldn't do it then you would get hours cut the following week. Bully's they are don't work here.I am well trained with NVQS and you don't even get paid for these . Have to buy your uniform you get one free and then the rest you buy.
Cut corners all the time.

Good team Okay company

HCA (Former Employee)

I worked at Allied Healthcare International part-time for more than a year

Prosgained valuable experience by working in varied settings from Mental health to Care of the elderly it is a shame the new owners are focusing on home care.

ConsLike all health care work the co-coordinators and management will take advantage of your good nature.

Advice to Senior Managementclear career paths maybe an increase in millage allowance would be nice

Shocking company!

Carer (Current Employee)
Derby, England (UK)

I have been working at Allied Healthcare International

ProsJob of care is a rewarding job. Colleagues are very friendly and helpful -they will fill you in on the bits, the payroll staff will 'forget' to tell you.

ConsFirst off, wage is national minimum. You're expect to complete all training unpaid, without any help towards expenses -this can take several months at high cost to yourself. You're only given one top to wear, all extra you have to purchase. Whilst shadowing you don't get paid for your petrol expenses, despite the high amount of travelling required. They charge an admin fee on your pay slip. -I've never heard of anyone other than Allied doing this. You only get paid your hourly rate for time spent at a service users house. Time travelling, which may make up half your shift won't be paid for. Once you're fully working for Allied, your petrol/diesel isn't paid per mile you travel, they give you a small payment per house, which doens't cover the travel costs. Allied 'forgot' to tell me about these and I only found out when other employees informed me after I'd started. I'm only writing this, so anyone looking to work for Allied as a carer, has an advance warning if they read this. I have nothing against individual people there, but they need to be more honest about their pay structure and provide an adequate rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementIssue paperwork outlining full terms of pay, once initial interview is confirmed as 'successful'.

This is the worst company i've ever worked at, too many top level managers who don't have a clue what they are doing.

Branch Manager (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

I worked at Allied Healthcare International

ProsThe Head office staff are lovely (most of them are, not the seniot managers or HR !) and most branch staff are too.

ConsThe top level from Operations Director up that are horrible, most have NO indusrty experience and are mates of the CEO, in fact if you're friends with anyone in the Senior Management team you're more likely to get a job at Allied. The less healthcare experience you have the better it seems. The branch level make all the money and the senior people take it all, bonus are very rarely paid as goal posts are moved constantly.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some staff that understand the sector, not give the jobs to all your friends ! Get rid of your two Senior HR people they don't have a clue what they are doing and one of them is a horrid person, he just treats people disgustingly. Stop playing games with the people that make you ,money on the ground level. PAY BONUSES ! and LISTEN more to your staff, everyone can't always be wrong.

Good company to work with

Health (Current Employee)

I have been working at Allied Healthcare International

ProsGood support from the team, good salary

ConsDo not pay my travelling expenses

Advice to Senior Managementnothing to comment on

Worked for Allied Healthcare International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allied Healthcare International reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Allied Healthcare International CEO Roger Ramsden. All 5 reviews are posted anonymously by Allied Healthcare International employees.