Allied Healthcare International

1.2

Allied Healthcare International CEO, Saga Group Roger Ramsden
Roger Ramsden

Care /support worker for 2 years

Current Employee - Home Care Worker in Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Home Care Worker in Hemel Hempstead, England (UK)

I have been working at Allied Healthcare International part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I had wonderful working relationships, with both staff and customers.

Cons

As an experienced care worker I was horrified at the abuse and neglect I witnessed during my employment with Allied. Abuse and neglect I reported to management and senior management, only to find I was ignored and ridiculed, they simply didn't care or want to address issues raised. Zero hour contracts and their use by way of punishment and reward, blatant abuse of NMW regulations continually paying staff less by not paying for travel time and often no contribution for expenses mean staff turnover is huge. As good staff leave they are often replaced by people with little or no experience just to cope with demand, this is putting people up and down our country at risk of abuse and neglect in their own homes, I know because I have seen it! Allied are part of a huge private equity firm who seem run this country so not much chance of them moving away from care any time soon!

Improve terms and conditions to attract and retain quality staff. Respect staff and customers, and please do not continue to ignore abuse and neglect. One day you may find yourself requiring care and I am sure the standards currently provided will not be good enough for you and yours!

Office staff

Current Employee - Support Worker in Bury St Edmunds, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Support Worker in Bury St Edmunds, England (UK)

I have been working at Allied Healthcare International part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Rewarding job with lovely services users

Cons

The office staff really need to pay attention to what clients needs are, if they looked after the carers properly like they promise while training us, we wouldn't leave the company and the clients wouldn't have to deal with new carers all the time, they want to have the same 2 carers all the time, good job but company not so great

You need to learn how to communicate between office staff and listen to what the carers have to say, after all we are the ones dealing with disatisfidy clients due to office constantly messing up rotas

Horrible horrible company

Current Employee - Home Care Worker in Cardiff, Wales (UK)
    Current Employee - Home Care Worker in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I have been working at Allied Healthcare International part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The clients are lovely, and so nice being able to support others with daily tasks that we take for granted.

Cons

Management are rude and unsupportive.
    Office staff don't listen, it's like talking to yourself.
    Complaints are ignored, leading to neglect!
    Have to make appointments to talk to office staff How is this a good supportive working environment?
    Staff lie to, your not asked to do something your told. Rotas are changed without even asking if it's ok.
    You harassed all the time when not in work!

Get people who actually care about clients and their carers. Not the rude unhelpful ones you have now.

Not a very nice company to work for treat the carers with no respect at all

Former Employee - Care and Support Worker in Abergavenny, Wales (UK)
    Former Employee - Care and Support Worker in Abergavenny, Wales (UK)

I worked at Allied Healthcare International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Meeting new clients everyday and not stuck in one place

Cons

A lot of traveling wear and tear on the car long hrs gor very little pay

More organisation is needed in the office between staff and employers no communication at all as long as they got the calls covered the dont really care something needs to be done cause more + more employers are leaving

I worked as a care worker for a while shocking conditions in this day and age

Former Employee - Care in Dundee, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Care in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Allied Healthcare International (less than an year)

Pros

None what so ever manager was full of self importance with shocking attitude towards care staff. Promised it all delivered nothing .

Cons

Everything about the job was a con bad pay rate no fuel payments hours of work go from f/t to p/t no steady shifts but plenty when it suited office staff who if your face fitted appeared you got more work thanks but no thanks I'd rather clean toilets than work for this company ever .

Sort out office staff clearly friend based not a clue what there doing and always blaming everyone else very very unprofessional certainly no people skills .

Making me ill, Bullying, victimizing, intimidating company,

Current Employee - Omicillary in Halesworth, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Omicillary in Halesworth, England (UK)

I have been working at Allied Healthcare International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None what so ever, a ppalling

Cons

They dont give a dam about their customers or staff, all they are focused on is getting anyone and anybody to cover shifts. I have now been intimidated for the third time by Management, This will be the last time they bully me as i have a legal team involved, Stand up for yourselves that what i have to say,

Sort your selves out you nasty wicked people, call yourself a care agency, i wouldnt put you in charge of looking after vermin.

Love the job, HATE the company!

Current Employee - Support Worker in Sheffield, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Support Worker in Sheffield, England (UK)

I have been working at Allied Healthcare International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Care work is so rewarding, and some of the clients and their families are fantastic

Cons

Favouritism, taking work off one carer to give a favourite carer more hours. Bodged up rotas, pressurisation to work extra shifts, and work witheld if unable to accept, terrible management communication, poor wages,....the list is endless

Talk to carers about what is going on at their branch, listen to the feedback, and then do something to improve staff morale, and working practices.

Good carers are leaving all the time to work for other companies, and all Allied Healthcare are doing is recruiting, recruiting , recruiting! What a waste of company resource's. Surely its in the best interest of the company to keep the best carers for themselves, after all they have paid good money to train them up.
     The best carers simply will not tolerate the dreadful working practices at Allied Healthcare. Its not a good image for any company to have so many terrible reviews.

Terrible Company To Work For.

Current Employee - Carer in Saint Ives, East of England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Carer in Saint Ives, East of England, England (UK)

Pros

Non at all l am getting our of this job as quick as l can

Cons

You dont get Travel time at all. You are given 15mins slots on some calls it takes half an hour to get there. You pay an admin charge for all time sheets out of your wages.
    Millage is not Paid. You lose money just working for this firm. I was given jobs and had to sit in my car for an hour waiting for my next call was not worth going home.

Terrible Terrible Terrible how they spoke was discus sting to staff as if you were dirt. Begging for people to take shifts when you said you couldn't do it then you would get hours cut the following week. Bully's they are don't work here.I am well trained with NVQS and you don't even get paid for these . Have to buy your uniform you get one free and then the rest you buy.
    Cut corners all the time.

Do NOT work for this shower of idiots!

Current Employee - Carer in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Carer in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Allied Healthcare International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Brilliant clients..excellent colleagues...support of co workers

Cons

Zero hours....not enough petrol...nasty and condescending office staff/supervisors/manager
    Constantly being given extra visits at short notice, no support
    I could go on but not enough space...STEER CLEAR!!

Get out to branches and sort out these idiots!

Good team Okay company

Former Employee - HCA
    Former Employee - HCA

I worked at Allied Healthcare International part-time (more than an year)

Pros

gained valuable experience by working in varied settings from Mental health to Care of the elderly it is a shame the new owners are focusing on home care.

Cons

Like all health care work the co-coordinators and management will take advantage of your good nature.

clear career paths maybe an increase in millage allowance would be nice