Allianz

Allianz Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Allianz Chairman of the Board of Management Michael Diekmann

Michael Diekmann

Pros
  • Very good work life balance, if you're not keen to develop yourself or keep the status quo (in 17 reviews)

• Decent salary plus very good variable pay which is up to you to make (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • If you're a dynamic individual that knows how to leverage your skills into different areas of the business, you can easily overcome that obstacle (in 3 reviews)

• German colleagues "seem" have an advantage over non Germans, especially when it comes to management positions (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Financial Analyst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosinternational working environment with colleagues from all over the world

Conscandidates should have german skills to work in Germany

Great

Project Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsExposure to many systems and a good chance to practice formal Project Management methodology.

ConsMatrix reporting structure, in business units, confusing at first.

Great international group with many opportunities

Senior Controller (Current Employee) Munich (Germany)

ProsDiversity and focus on talent development and retention increasing

ConsComplexity and lack of clear group strategy and targets

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company, very bureaucratic

ProsThe company looks after their own

ConsIt's very top-heavy / bureaucratic

Fantastic place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Guildford, England (UK)

ProsHave worked for Allianz for 7 years and cannot speak highly enough of the company. For me it's more than a job, it's somewhere I feel valued and actively enjoy spending time. First and foremost Allianz cares about its people; there are incomparable training and development opportunities for staff and in 7 years I have never once been denied a training request. Wellbeing is a key topic and Allianz allows employees 10 hours paid leave per year to undertake a volunteering activity of their choice. The benefits are excellent; from discounted insurance policies to discounted gym membership, a dry cleaning service on site and numerous other facilities. There is an active Sports and Social club and a robust Reward and Recognition scheme. The culture at Allianz is extremely friendly and many staff have either worked here for years or left and returned to the company - a strong indictment of what a great company it is to work for. The Graduate Schemes are well organised and allow our graduates unrivalled opportunities in training and qualification. Above all, I enjoy coming to work each day and count myself lucky in this respect.

ConsNot always the fastest paced environment to work in.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe have a wonderful company which the majority of employees feel extremely proud to work for. We just need to encourage a more experimentative and innovative culture to ensure we keep pace (or indeed keep ahead) of our competitors.

Probably the best company to work for in Paris

Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) Paris (France)

ProsThey offer great compensation, benefits and career opportunities. Not to mentoin that this is one of the hottest insurance company on the market.

ConsThe environment is not great. You have to make the trip to La Defense every day and it can be a pain.

Super international place to work

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Munich (Germany)

ProsGood work life balance, good compensation, super diverse and great colleagues. Great package especially when based in Germany.

ConsSlow moving, risk averse organization. Sometimes too German centered. German colleagues "seem" have an advantage over non Germans, especially when it comes to management positions.

God awful.

Senior Underwriter (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA (US)

ProsAbility to work remote for some. Generally pays bonus.

ConsProduction pressure bordering on harassment. Low authority for underwriters and underwriters are lowest class of employee with do it all yourself with awful systems. Onus is on line underwriters to make up for general disorganization and poor management. Lots of set up for failure.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you don't already know what's wrong you are the problem.

Progressive, employee friendly organization

Account Technician (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsBenefits, flexibility, vacation, flex time, my manager

ConsEmployees tend to have the "inside scoop" on things that should be private especially in regard to coworkers

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a little more discreet and confidential

Great Place to Start A Career In Insurance (UK)

Project Manager (Former Employee) Guildford, England (UK)

Pros- People focused company, genuinely care about their staff
    - Great training opportunities; good quality training offered for almost any aspect of work and management
    - Spend time and resources on management training and are very clear on what is expected of a manager so management are above average in terms of performance
    - Very stable company, don't do 'knee jerk reactions'
    - Clear about values

Cons- Stable organisation to the point of being slow to change
    - Bureaucratic, not dynamic
    - Slow to deal with poor performers
    - Not particularly good payers

Worked for Allianz? Contribute to the Community!